The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+69
Justice league
AstonB6
shaun87s
UnclePanda
Barton82
Heisenberg
Leafs1201
Keyser Soze
Suits
Andyh
CoE82
Fpuppys
avfcjoe
Wriggle
gdale1
jvilla
Boldfinger
Dgrizzle7
Dions_Bald_Head
rosco77
andrew24561
Trysullvilla
Andrew Baker
hawk190601
shanghaivilla
Terry Derry
Olofsbeard
Wookster
worcesterkev
VillaSteve
NARLA24
LVBrit
lukevilla
Saunders82
danclare82
Sky
achilles
The Utterer
Villa_Dan
South London Villan
De Kuip
BillytheKid
bruka
Mooseman
thegaffer6
villajk
ember
DaveAV1
jeffvilla
Chrissylee1111
Rawlie
banneruk
Alf T
Thinman
4BetLite
gaffer85
ViewFromT2
Con
AstonThriller
DelboyVilla
1Elliot
snakevilla
Dazzle
HarryAVFC
Trotters
Kakacroom
smetro
simbrenn
deadbuzzardalive
73 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by simbrenn Sat May 07, 2016 1:34 am

Yer meireles, coming back for one last cash cow . Might aswell keep nzogbia . Although meireles might try more I dobt it .
In that league we want someone who wants to make a name , not been there and done it .
simbrenn

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by simbrenn Sat May 07, 2016 1:38 am

I want gardener back . And if we can keep sanzez I think that would be alright .
Apart from we need a total ne central defence
simbrenn

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat May 07, 2016 1:57 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:

I see the Turkish media are linking us with......

Exciting Friday night, is it? AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 1815562058
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat May 07, 2016 1:59 am

simbrenn wrote:I want gardener back . And if we can keep sanzez I think that would be alright .
Apart from we need a total ne central defence

I think that would be a cracking duo for the Championship. Provided that they're both played properly. However, I suspect Sanchez will bugger off to some other far flung league.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sat May 07, 2016 4:51 am

Still think we are waiting Bruce
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sat May 07, 2016 7:12 am

We need a manager to get us out the Championship and Pearson is the best candidate in my opinion.

If Comoli is involved he might want Nigel Adkins
South London Villan
South London Villan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Olofsbeard Sat May 07, 2016 8:08 am

HarryAVFC wrote:Still think we are waiting Bruce

I've sat on this bit of info since Thursday night, contemplating whether or not it might cause a bit of a agro, it's not massively takeover related but to back up what harry Is thinking for a change, I was in Harvey Nicks on Thursday night at a gentleman's clothing event, went to the bar and who's sat there but Brucie with I believe his agent and a woman. Walked past his table and there was villa headed paper. I messaged a friend who is ITK regarding players, manager affairs ( they wouldn't have hard info on a takeover and if they did they wouldn't share it) her response was, probably here for his interview. He's definitely been considered...
Olofsbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Sat May 07, 2016 8:24 am

if its Bruce ,that means not much money and Black stays this would be a disaster, any one but that pair
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat May 07, 2016 8:38 am

villajk wrote:if its Bruce ,that means not much money and Black stays this would be a disaster,  any one but that pair

I could not think of anything worse, the absolute bottom of my wishlist is a fat ex bluenose and the most incompetent person ever involved with this club as his assistant, the club could not make a worse statement then appointing this laurel and hardy duo.
4BetLite
4BetLite

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sat May 07, 2016 8:48 am

Olofsbeard wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:Still think we are waiting Bruce

I've sat on this bit of info since Thursday night, contemplating whether or not it might cause a bit of a agro, it's not massively takeover related but to back up what harry Is thinking for a change, I was in Harvey Nicks on Thursday night at a gentleman's clothing event, went to the bar and who's sat there but Brucie with I believe his agent and a woman. Walked past his table and there was villa headed paper. I messaged a friend who is ITK regarding players, manager affairs ( they wouldn't have hard info on a takeover and if they did they wouldn't share it) her response was, probably here for his interview. He's definitely been considered...

Black has worked for Bruce on a couple of other occasions. It has been Bruce all along. Black has been sent as the advanced party. When Bruce gets here, he will know everything he needs to know.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sat May 07, 2016 8:54 am

Well, it will be a dark day when we get Bruce. His football is awful, he can hardly get a team out the champ and he always gets relegated in the end
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sat May 07, 2016 9:19 am

HarryAVFC wrote:Well, it will be a dark day when we get Bruce. His football is awful, he can hardly get a team out the champ and he always gets relegated in the end

And this is why I can't see it being Bruce. Surely Hollis must realise, certainly Brian Little, that a significant number of Villa fans simply won't stomach another appointment like his? It'd certainly tip me over the edge, think I'd lose the remaining hope and enthusiasm for a while.
Dazzle
Dazzle

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat May 07, 2016 9:24 am

Dazzle wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:Well, it will be a dark day when we get Bruce. His football is awful, he can hardly get a team out the champ and he always gets relegated in the end

And this is why I can't see it being Bruce. Surely Hollis must realise, certainly Brian Little, that a significant number of Villa fans simply won't stomach another appointment like his? It'd certainly tip me over the edge, think I'd lose the remaining hope and enthusiasm for a while.

Exactly this, the club cannot mess up anymore and the pressure of every decision now is so great. Little has got claret and blue blood, better he takes the reigns then potato head.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sat May 07, 2016 9:43 am

We definitely do not want Bruce, we surely have learnt our lesson with mcleish.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat May 07, 2016 9:54 am

NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2016 10:30 am

Think Bruce would be arguably the worst option we could take. Thus it's him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat May 07, 2016 11:09 am

Thanks for throwing that info into the mix, Olof. There's an obvious question there that everyone has overlooked...

...did Olof buy a pair of N'Zogbia trousers?

I suspect Bruce has been invited for an interview to show the potential buyers that we're not going to be messed about come the deadline day. Hollis (and no doubt Little) will be speaking with everyone to hear their thoughts on the team and to see what kind of short/medium/long term ideas they might have, what kind of money they want for themselves, their team and for transfers.

I've no issue with that if it helps the board (what's left of it) get a very clear idea of what we can expect from Championship football and which manager maybe best suited. But I sure hope that Bruce is only Plan D for if their other options don't pan out for whatever reason. If the club hire him then they've simply not learned from previous mistakes. Bruce could be our Alex Ferguson (he won't be) but it would be an absolute PR disaster.

I wouldn't have put it past Fox (the idiot) but I cannot see Little giving his nod of approval.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by shanghaivilla Sat May 07, 2016 11:36 am

I live and work in shanghai, was a season ticket holder for many seasons before I came to china.
not heard anything concrete but have heard the rumours about a large Chinese company to buy in to a large English club.
I actually really hope its the guys who own Guangzhou evergrande as they have been very successful in winning the asia champions league and the Chinese league, plus the amount of money out here is crazy.
as an aside I own a English style bar in downtown shanghai and if any of you villa fans in shanghai pop by and see me.
bar name is the cuckoo nest
shanghaivilla
shanghaivilla

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat May 07, 2016 11:50 am

shanghaivilla wrote:I live and work in shanghai, was a season ticket holder for many seasons before I came to china.
not heard anything concrete but have heard the rumours about a large Chinese company to buy in to a large English club.
I actually really hope its the guys who own Guangzhou evergrande as they have been very successful in winning the asia champions league and the Chinese league, plus the amount of money out here is crazy.
as an aside I own a English style bar in downtown shanghai and if any of you villa fans in shanghai pop by and see me.
Nice one. Good to see you on here shanghaivilla.
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by hawk190601 Sat May 07, 2016 12:30 pm

Potential owners at the match today anyone???? Perhaps that's the reason for the Hollis statement, trying to calm crowd so we give a good impression.

Any signs of planes at BHX?
hawk190601

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2016 12:57 pm

hawk190601 wrote:
Any signs of planes at BHX?

Would be a shit airport if there wasn't

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat May 07, 2016 12:59 pm

Drumroll Please
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat May 07, 2016 1:01 pm

shanghaivilla wrote:I live and work in shanghai, was a season ticket holder for many seasons before I came to china.

Welcome, SHV! I think there was a comment a few pages back that the Chinese willingly pump money into their own league but not externally. However, I don't see why you'd buy a team that has it's rightful place in the Premier League and not pump it for all it's worth.

Oh, and Joppe will be PM'ing you for the number of your beer supplier as he'll be needing to place a bulk order soon! Very Happy
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by shanghaivilla Sat May 07, 2016 1:03 pm

you know what in regard to Steve Bruce I like most don't want him but if he chosen and given the job, for the sake of our club we have to get behind him.
but hey maybe this wont be the case.
shanghaivilla
shanghaivilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2016 1:04 pm

Not remotely worried. I expect a life time supply of English ale when we aren't sold by the next three weeks

Last edited by Joppe84 on Sat May 07, 2016 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next