The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+60
Leafs1201
VillaSteve
big ming
Barton82
WendyOz
Dansvilla75
Heisenberg
BillytheKid
gdav
gaffer85
HarryAVFC
Thinman
Marco
UnclePanda
hawk190601
AstonThriller
Army villain
Trysullvilla
mefromhere
bruka
KMitch
lukevilla
Chrissylee1111
Cha Ching
nickf21
Saunders82
Dgrizzle7
Olof Mellberg
Wookster
Con
De Kuip
AVFClee
jeffvilla
Olofsbeard
FoxyAV
andrew24561
fastbackace
villajk
4BetLite
DelboyVilla
1Elliot
Andyh
avfcjoe
Sky
The Utterer
Synopsis
NARLA24
Dions_Bald_Head
simbrenn
achilles
ViewFromT2
Dazzle
smetro
Trotters
ember
South London Villan
Villa_Dan
DaveAV1
deadbuzzardalive
danclare82
64 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Dansvilla75 Sun May 01, 2016 6:08 pm

De Kuip wrote:Someone mentioned Man C above and looking at their current scoreline,  if they carry on like this, Pep will really look forward to taking over for their Europa league campaign next year. It needs so, so much more than mega money doesn't it. That's my fear, the rot throughout the club, root and branch.
The current rot is a cancer we need to cut out the root cause. It's coming.
Dansvilla75
Dansvilla75

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun May 01, 2016 6:11 pm

It needs more than mega money but Chelsea and Man City wouldn't be where they are today without it. Both teams are having poor seasons this year, but they've already won titles and FA Cups and in Chelsea's case a European Cup. And in future seasons they'll most likely add to that collection.

A takeover by itself will go someway to stopping the rot. As long as it's one that seems pleasing to the fans. Will bring back some positivity and give hope for next season.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by debandit Sun May 01, 2016 6:41 pm

Personally I think we are close to being sold. It feels a lot different to last time.
I believe in what king and little have said and I'm sure hollis must be on a cut of the sale of Randy for selling us. But we are a good business buy out for our position compared to Leeds, forest and Derby
Leeds don't own Elland road anymore
Forset set up and stadium needs to be bigger if not a new one building.
Derby I was not impressed with the stadium at all the pitch was at a sub standard and bobbly all over. And I was coaching my team at a tournament on it at the time as well.
We have a great stadium a awesome training facilities
debandit

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun May 01, 2016 7:44 pm

Whether Chrisseylee1111 is right or wrong lets stop and think about things, we are ASTON VILLA and we have been dragged down to the pits by inept stewardship/management, we are ripe for someone with vision and money to take over and make great once again. Yes we've been here before with the rumours of a takeover, maybe this is the time, we all know that with the right management and a cash influx this great club is THE club in British football. We've threatened before and fell short, I feel it in my water that this is the time. KEEP THE FAITH, Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
Saunders82
Saunders82

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dansvilla75 Sun May 01, 2016 7:45 pm

debandit wrote:Personally I think we are close to being sold. It feels a lot different to last time.
I believe in what king and little have said and I'm sure hollis must be on a cut of the sale of Randy for selling us. But we are a good business buy out for our position compared to Leeds, forest and Derby
Leeds don't own Elland road anymore
Forset set up and stadium needs to be bigger if not a new one building.
Derby I was not impressed with the stadium at all the pitch was at a sub standard and bobbly all over. And I was coaching my team at a tournament on it at the time as well.
We have a great stadium a awesome training facilities
In terms of history tradition and everything else we are up there amongst the biggest. None of those teams come close, none of those teams would exist were it not for McGregors claret and blue army. That's really what someone will be buying.
Dansvilla75
Dansvilla75

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sun May 01, 2016 8:25 pm

Dansvilla75 wrote:Leeds were once a good great club as were Shefield Wednesday and Forest but they are no comparison to the Villa even in its current state. Our History goes deeper than a couple of great cup runs. Look at the Villa we still have a class ground steeped in history we still have state of the art training facilities which wouldn't be out of place with some of the biggest clubs in the world. Like I said with the right investment and stewardship we could be top five within two to three seasons not possible you say well look at Leicester. If Lerner remains at the helm I fear the framework that exists, the very frame work that can be used to rebuild something great will be Further eroded. Lerner knows he has failed and he is out of his depth, he knows he has to sell or risk ending up with nothing. Whatever we think of the guy he came into this with great intentions
The future King of England is a Villa fan for four foot snakes we should value our team and recognise that the current mess is temporary, once the current custodian does one the whole atmosphere will change.

You ain't gotta sell Villa to me or the rest of us Villans mate Very Happy we know we am a massive club crying out for some tlc and investment but even though we are way bigger than Leeds and Sheff Wed Forest the actual financial state of our club evcen with a bigger ground and training ground deluxe the accounts will be for grim reading when any potential buyer glances through them and thats why with all the turmoil Lerner has created at this club for years i just don't see us as the financial glamour club attracting buyers galore, i hope i am wrong believe me in fact i pray AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 3769219917
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dansvilla75 Sun May 01, 2016 8:37 pm

Sometimes it feels like we forget ourselves our true worth. We don't need buyers mate just a buyer who recognises there is a giant that sleeps and they sincerely have the cahonies to wake it Very Happy
Dansvilla75
Dansvilla75

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Baker Sun May 01, 2016 9:15 pm

I think that we may have been sold already. I'm not in the know or anything ( I'm stuck in deep dark Dorset) but if we have been sold to a big business or businessman I think a certain amount of ego may come into it, and they would not want it announced until the premiership campaign is all over, so not to have there name attached to relegation.
Andrew Baker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01, 2016 9:28 pm

Seriously doubt you can keep such a sale quiet. Too big paper trail

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun May 01, 2016 10:20 pm

Andrew Baker wrote:I think that we may have been sold already. I'm not in the know or anything ( I'm stuck in deep dark Dorset) but if we have been sold to a big business or businessman I think a certain amount of ego may come into it, and they would not want it announced until the premiership campaign is all over, so not to have there name attached to relegation.

Ohhh - a new theory on 'deal done but not announced'

Sorry but as soon as its done it will be announced - and in all probability we will have a good idea of the buyer some time before that.
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun May 01, 2016 10:36 pm

When Lerner sold the Browns, the announcement to who he was selling to came out of the blue. Also as been mentioned we came close to being sold an American and a Chinese group last year and the names of those have remained a secret.

Hollis is not going to come out and say we're in negotiations and dialogue just to sell a few season tickets. Sure the club might spin things to try and put a positive light on the matter but not outright lie about something so huge.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun May 01, 2016 11:04 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:When Lerner sold the Browns, the announcement to who he was selling to came out of the blue. Also as been mentioned we came close to being sold an American and a Chinese group last year and the names of those have remained a secret.

Hollis is not going to come out and say we're in negotiations and dialogue just to sell a few season tickets. Sure the club might spin things to try and put a positive light on the matter but not outright lie about something so huge.

Or they remained secret because they never existed. - Equally the names were never known and the takeover didn't happen, perhaps conversely when we get to a know a name it will happen.

As for the club spinning it, I don't really think they are. Randy has said he is still trying to sell the club and Hollis is the man doing the 'extensive negotiations' - Thats all the club have really said, Im sure Randy does want to sell - and I am sure Hollis will be in talks with someone about a sale - even if its only 'extensive negotiations' to change the selling bank from BOA/ML - to squire patton boggs. Of course the internet being the internet some people have from those few sentences, jumped to 'its already sold - just not announced' - A state of affairs I don't ever believe will exist.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun May 01, 2016 11:34 pm

The Chinese one existed, unless Howard Hodgson made the whole thing up. And Trent on VT decided to randomly back him up, when other posters on that forum were doubting what HH had said.

We'll only know a name for sure when the club announces one on the official site and of course at that point the deal will most probably go ahead. Any names that leak before then won't be believed anyway.

If a deal doesn't happen this summer it will be because a deal couldn't be reached not because there wasn't a deal to be made.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun May 01, 2016 11:52 pm

The guy who brokered the deal to sell Chelsea to Abramovich only knew the name of the buyer (Abramovich) 5 days before the deal was announced. If they want to keep things quiet they can.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon May 02, 2016 12:32 am

Welcome Andrew!!

---------------

Whilst it is all very grand, I'm not sure an investor will make the ultimate decision to buy or not based on our history.

It'll make up a part of it, I'm sure, and will sound fantastic in the sales pitch and the tour of the ground if they've already made their minds up to put pen to paper.

But what will get us sold will be the infrastructure already in place, the financial advantage over other clubs in the league of parachute payments as well as a massive fanbase and a desperate owner.

What intrigues me is the switch from Merryl's Lunch to SQB. Is that because ML were previously advising on the financial aspects of the club or assisting investors with access to finance (things that are no longer required) or was it simply down to them failing in their remit to sell the club?

SQB seem an entirely different organisation.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Baker Mon May 02, 2016 10:09 am

Smetro I hope so. Prob just clutching at straws. Been watching this thread for a couple of years and another season under the Lerner stewardship doesn't bear thinking about. Andy
Andrew Baker

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Mon May 02, 2016 11:16 am

Hollis has a date when any negotiations for a sale of the club will end (if any of real clout imo) and a cut off date to appoint a new manager so as soon as we see a manager appointed we can put to bed any takeover hope we all posses for another 12 months at least which even though i know deep down we won't get sold this summer for whatever Lerner is causing to be the problem imo i am still praying and hoping scouring for news in desperate hope for our club's future because without a takeover we are in deep shit.
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Mon May 02, 2016 11:23 am

You know what Trotters mate you have a point just been onto SQB site and they deal with disputes solicitor wise totally different to BOA who was appointed to find a buyer, know you got me thinkin are SQB soliciting the 3 bids after BOA found the buyers?
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon May 02, 2016 12:28 pm

That's my thinking.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Mon May 02, 2016 12:35 pm

I know have some hope pumped back in my veins that we could get sold this summer #praytoMcGrath
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon May 02, 2016 3:05 pm

It's a situation wherein a week goes by with nothing said by the club or nothing spun by the media and we automatically conclude that all deals are off because the Clown has buggered it all up.

And there's only a 50% chance of that happening. Very Happy
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Mon May 02, 2016 3:10 pm

Trotters wrote:It's a situation wherein a week goes by with nothing said by the club or nothing spun by the media and we automatically conclude that all deals are off because the Clown has buggered it all up.

And there's only a 50% chance of that happening. Very Happy

lol! Then again there is the Lerner factor to add in and AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 1420239857 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 1662365926 20%
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Mon May 02, 2016 6:22 pm

Andrew Baker wrote:...and they would not want it announced until the premiership campaign is all over, so not to have there name attached to relegation.

That said their name is going to be associated very firmly with relegation, whenever "they" reveal themselves. We are going to spending an entire season in the Championship and if that's escaped their attention we should be worried. Laughing
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Mon May 02, 2016 6:23 pm

Hollis said that they were delaying the appointment of a manager while takeover talks continue. He then said that there is obviously a point at which we have to make a managerial appointment. He didn't say that there was a date set when negotiations regarding takeover would end.

I'm constantly struggling to understand why people seem to think that buying a multimillion pound high profile business would be a) quick and b) conducted in public.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Mon May 02, 2016 7:20 pm

South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next