The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+60
Leafs1201
VillaSteve
big ming
Barton82
WendyOz
Dansvilla75
Heisenberg
BillytheKid
gdav
gaffer85
HarryAVFC
Thinman
Marco
UnclePanda
hawk190601
AstonThriller
Army villain
Trysullvilla
mefromhere
bruka
KMitch
lukevilla
Chrissylee1111
Cha Ching
nickf21
Saunders82
Dgrizzle7
Olof Mellberg
Wookster
Con
De Kuip
AVFClee
jeffvilla
Olofsbeard
FoxyAV
andrew24561
fastbackace
villajk
4BetLite
DelboyVilla
1Elliot
Andyh
avfcjoe
Sky
The Utterer
Synopsis
NARLA24
Dions_Bald_Head
simbrenn
achilles
ViewFromT2
Dazzle
smetro
Trotters
ember
South London Villan
Villa_Dan
DaveAV1
deadbuzzardalive
danclare82
64 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:35 pm

I also do not know many 71 year olds who own a racing yacht team, own a tennis club, are involved in high speed bike racing and has a pilots licence.....not bad for a 71 year old
Chrissylee1111

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:42 pm

I"ve hadde a few drinks, so excuse me, but What a load of shite

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:46 pm

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Ellison/Oracle, were to buy a football team. But it would surprise me if they bought Aston Villa as a Championship club. If we were to be taken over by a massive company Dalian Wanda would make more sense because being the company who turned us around brought back the glory years would give them a lot of exposure in the west, something they've said that they want. Oracle don't really need that kind of exposure, as they're already known enough over here.

Not that I think Dalian Wanda will buy us either.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:46 pm

FLOG, I am only reporting what I have Brent told, it's your choice if you want to believe it or not. It would have been a lot easier for me to keep stump.
Chrissylee1111

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:47 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:I also do not know many 71 year olds who own a racing yacht team, own a tennis club, are involved in high speed bike racing and has a pilots licence.....not bad for a 71 year old

Yes but he didn't start those things at 71 - (been into sailing since his 20's) and don't forget football isn't big in america - granted its bigger than it was - but its still not a major sport in america.

and then why Aston Villa ? - he's the 7th richest bloke in the world - *if* soccer has taken his fancy, wouldn't he go for someone bigger or more 'ready made'
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:48 pm

There is way to much financial uncertainty in China for us to be purchased by them.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:49 pm

Doesn't really say anything new but does hint that takeover may not go ahead until the end of May.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/30/aston-villa-delay-nigel-pearson-announcement-until-takeover-bid/?

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:52 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:There is way to much financial uncertainty in China for us to be purchased by them.

Maybe but I think I'm right in saying that they'd have an advantage in that they already have investment outside of China. But as I say I don't expect them to buy us either. I hope your friend is right about Ellison, if not never mind, it's only football, lol.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 pm

We have this habit of assuming that because we are villa, it should not happen. We are a proud club with a great history, we are the biggest club in the Midlands (even in the championship). We could offer huge exposure. Why did Abramovich buy chelsea? It wasn't because he loved football and always wanted chelsea, he was close to purchasing Spurs until his helicopter flew over chelsea and he liked the look of the ground. He bought them for exposure and to up his public profile.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:00 pm

The cut of point at the end of this month ? Just in time for season tickets to be on sale enough time ?
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:00 pm

I have previously said I will be renewing my season tickets - but if we get to mid june with no reasonable manager in place - then we write off next season as well IMO. Another overseas tosspot rocking up mid july just won't cut it for me.

I really don't see a takeover collapsing because the incoming billionaire owner isn't keen on Nigel Pearson. Just get it done - he needn't take up official duties until the season ends - but meanwhile could be watching the u21's , setting up outgoing deals....etc. If we miss him, then we start to look even more desperate.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:04 pm

I don't believe for 1 second that Ellison is buying us. BUT the Glazers, City's owners, Abramovich - they weren't interested in football at all before buying clubs
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:04 pm

The article seems to imply that Pearson is coming either way. Would that be the case if owners were coming?
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:06 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:The cut of point at the end of this month ? Just in time for season tickets to be on sale enough time ?

The championship starts on Aug 6 this year - there really isn't much time for stalling in my opinion. Get the manager in, if the takeover happens all well and good - if not at least the manager will have time to move players on, eye up replacements.

I actually think (no more than that) that bernstein and king wanted the new guy in quickly - but it was blocked, presumably another cumbersome move by Lerner - would we not be more saleable with a manager in place....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Although I can offer no alternative, I just do not like the sound of pearson.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:12 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:I don't believe for 1 second that Ellison is buying us. BUT the Glazers, City's owners, Abramovich - they weren't interested in football at all before buying clubs

Don't know Glazers were trying to buy Manu for a good few years before it happened - if my memory serves correctly.

If Larry Ellison had been trying to buy say, Newcastle for example - then rumours that he had switched his attentions to villa might have more weight. But just buying villa out of nowhere doesn't seem feasible. - Not that i would complain if he did !!
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:14 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:Although I can offer no alternative, I just do not like the sound of pearson.

don't forget you don't have to be the greatest manager on earth to get a team out of the championship- so I d be ok with Pearson
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:16 pm

Smetro, I see you point, but what happens after that. We need longevity.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:23 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:Smetro, I see you point, but what happens after that. We need longevity.

Agreed.

But I think this is where the lerners years have gone wrong. We have over-theorised and pursued a mythical manager who will be us for years to come - we have looked for promising up and coming young managers to develop the youth side of the club, develop an ethos etc - but we have neglected the here and now - if Pearson comes in gets us promoted, but then flounders in the prem - deal with it then - lets not borrow problems from tomorrow.

Id give my right arm in 12 months time to be sitting here debating whether Pearson can cut it in the prem with Aston Villa. Right now promotion is all that matters.....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:32 pm

As a championship club we aren't going to attract someone who's going to be a guaranteed success once we get into the Premier. In Pearson I think we'd have someone who'd have a good chance of growing into a good manager for us, should we win promotion next season. I was initially against him as, I just saw him as an old fashioned meat head type manager. But having read up on him and sought the opinion of Leicester fans, there really does seem to be a bit more about him.  

When his Leicester won promotion they had 102 points and scored over 80 goals. Given our current predicament I'd say he wouldn't be a bad appointment. The only question I guess would be, can he do it without the rest of his team.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:59 pm

What I like about Pearson is his football in general. 442, 2 wingers, 2 mobile strikers 

I hate his personality though. Always hated his interviews. Very arrogant man.
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakacroom Sun May 01, 2016 12:08 am

Can see maybe 2 weeks mid May we will see a takeover just can't see randy sticking around the club is going to be sold , regarding Ellison I'd take that wit a pinch of salt but look who knows I hope chrissylee is right , didn't the glazers buy United at an old age isn't 1 of them even passed away ,
Kakacroom

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun May 01, 2016 12:09 am

Yes he can come across as a fool when under the spotlight, but I don't think we should let that define our outlook on him. By all accounts he's well liked by his players and staff behind closed doors and is a different person.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sun May 01, 2016 12:23 am

Also hope we aren't flogged to a guy or group who's only worth a few hundred mill. That's what worries me about the British group being linked. Not to many mega rich guys here 

China or America please, but sensible blokes who know what they are doing :)
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer85 Sun May 01, 2016 12:57 am

smetro wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:I don't believe for 1 second that Ellison is buying us. BUT the Glazers, City's owners, Abramovich - they weren't interested in football at all before buying clubs

Don't know Glazers were trying to buy Manu for a good few years before it happened - if my memory serves correctly.

If Larry Ellison had been trying to  buy say, Newcastle for example - then rumours that he had switched his attentions to villa might have more weight. But just buying villa out of nowhere doesn't seem feasible. - Not that i would complain if he did !!

But it's not out of nowhere he was pictured at the home game at hull last year

Anyway I had good night believing what Chrissylee was saying

No point being negative we got to believe and hope our great club will come back

What's the point if we don't

UTV!!!!
gaffer85
gaffer85

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next