The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+60
Leafs1201
VillaSteve
big ming
Barton82
WendyOz
Dansvilla75
Heisenberg
BillytheKid
gdav
gaffer85
HarryAVFC
Thinman
Marco
UnclePanda
hawk190601
AstonThriller
Army villain
Trysullvilla
mefromhere
bruka
KMitch
lukevilla
Chrissylee1111
Cha Ching
nickf21
Saunders82
Dgrizzle7
Olof Mellberg
Wookster
Con
De Kuip
AVFClee
jeffvilla
Olofsbeard
FoxyAV
andrew24561
fastbackace
villajk
4BetLite
DelboyVilla
1Elliot
Andyh
avfcjoe
Sky
The Utterer
Synopsis
NARLA24
Dions_Bald_Head
simbrenn
achilles
ViewFromT2
Dazzle
smetro
Trotters
ember
South London Villan
Villa_Dan
DaveAV1
deadbuzzardalive
danclare82
64 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Trotters Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:03 am

I think most of us know who he's referring to.

Mike McKenna (on VT) wrote:
Dear Randy,

Back in 2006, a 'nagging sense of inevitability' forced me to accept that you were the only person to take ownership of our club. Having had extensive experience of working for American Corporations/Billionaires I had severe doubts and frankly did not like your tactics when you were in the process of buying the club. Over the course of several months I met with various individuals and groups who wished to buy Aston Villa but the Lerner bandwagon was unstoppable.

Behind the scenes your PR machine rubbished the alternative bids, and persuaded various high profile fans that you and your money were the next Villa 'Revolution'. Any dissent or alternatives were dismissed. Those that championed 'Ellis Out' or published books were 'on board' and the debate was over. At the time i was personally mocked and criticised for backing other horses.

Recently when I proposed "Out the Door on 74" v Everton, I am told that your lackey Steve Hollis met with some of said 'high profile' fans and gave them the inside track. It wasn't therefore unsurprising that some of the former high profile Villa protestors were critical of OTDO74. One made a distinct point of stating online that he would be staying for the full 90 minutes. Another refused to back OTDO74, said it was premature and that we should wait till the end of the season. I don't doubt said individuals love for the Villa but I do think their heads were turned.

Guess what Randy? Despite all your money, influence, power etc etc ultimately it counted for **** all. I doubt those that have backed you for the last ten years have been 'romantically nourished' either. They backed the wrong horse!

Mike McKenna

Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 5_star13

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:42 am

I don't Bash

Back to top Go down

Post by hawk190601 Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:11 am

Just putting it out there but could the takeover be a british and european consortium that has links to Ellison and he is acting as investor. Perhaps this is why we are seeing confused messages about both parties.
Just a thought!
hawk190601

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:29 am

hawk190601 wrote:Just putting it out there but could the takeover be a british and european consortium that has links to Ellison and he is acting as investor.  Perhaps this is why we are seeing confused messages about both parties.
Just a thought!
Good call that
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:38 am

I don't understand why any investor would participate in such. But then again I'm clueless about a lot of things.

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:42 am

Someone on fb page saying ssn said "ellison sails into villa". I didnt see it myself but find it a bit strange if they did like its fact?.
danclare82
danclare82

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by simbrenn Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:47 am

danclare82 wrote:Someone on fb page saying ssn said "ellison sails into villa". I didnt see it myself but find it a bit strange if they did like its fact?.
Haha , I've just got visions of him standing on the front of a barge , coming into brindly place . AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 226846862
simbrenn

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:55 am

That sails in part is from an article speculating about Ellison in the Star. SSN could have been doing a morning paper round up.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:36 am

The Star is owned by The Express I think so its easy journalism to print same story in both papers
Wookster
Wookster

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:40 am

If it was to be somehow Ellison who purchased us, I think the British consortium angle will prove to be somewhat misleading. He'll either buy us under his own name or under the Oracle name. Although he may bring a team of Brits with him to work on the board and other key positions within in the club, which I guess might be viewed as a consortium of sorts.

Having said all that I can't see it being Ellison. If anyone I think a Chinese group, probably the same one who was in for us last year.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:47 am

Could be Oracle UK who, I think, service all of Europe for the parent company but given that English football has such a worldwide audience, why limit your worldwide brand?

I've just got a horrible feeling we are all going to be very nonplussed by the next owner. Glad to be rid of the dickhead, for sure....but as much as I wish for Ellison or Wang, I just can't see it happening.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:07 pm

If it is Elison or the Chinese it will put us in a marvelous position, but that is the thing dreams are made of. It´s all guess work at the moment. Nobody will know until a formal announcement is made. Remember the last time we all got excited, yep, fuckall happened. Lerner is in his death throws at Villa nd he knows it. Lets just hope he stands by his word and we are passed on to a good new owner. I feel we may be waiting for a while though.
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:16 pm

Apparently Mervyn King, Doug Ellis and Gary Shaw are going to be on BBC Radio 4 at '1:50' (presume that must be PM) to talk about Villa. It'll be interesting to see if King clears the air on what he meant by his Bloomberg interview. Hopefully he doesn't turn around and say everyone's got it wrong and as far as he knows there's no takeover.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:26 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Apparently Mervyn King, Doug Ellis and Gary Shaw are going to be on BBC Radio 4 at '1:50' (presume that must be PM) to talk about Villa. It'll be interesting to see if King clears the air on what he meant by his Bloomberg interview. Hopefully he doesn't turn around and say everyone's got it wrong and as far as he knows there's no takeover.

Thanks for that info, will be nice to hear king tell us all there is defo a deal close for the sale of our club and we will all one day soon be rid of the club killer owner Lerner-the merciless,,,,,,,let's hope Scarf Waving
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:50 pm

Can someone follow Lerner about ringing a death knell?

He might get the fucking hint
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:55 pm

Judging by the presenter's twitter it was prerecorded earlier today. I'm sure if there was anything interesting said regarding the takeover, he'd have hinted at it, to get a few more listenets , but still might be worth tuning into to see what they say.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:47 pm

It'll be intersting to see if the question is even asked. If it doesn't get asked, then either King or Doug have requested that the question be taken off the table which in itself will speak volumes.

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:56 pm

Presenter made a bit of a mess of tweet. Said it air at 13:50, but linked to a program (the today program) that aired this morning. So I'm guessing the interview already aired this morning (in which case if anything interesting had have been said we would have heard about it, now) or it's not airing until Monday morning. But looking at the R4 schedule it doesn't look like it's airing this afternoon.

Tweet came from this guy, @KieranMaguire.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:06 pm

Ah sorry guys, what's meant by the tweet is that the talks with Shaw, Ellis and King begin at about an hour and fifty minutes into this link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0780jwl). But it's somewhat misleading as the King interview is just a replay of the interview he gave for Bloomberg. Some might find it interesting for what Shaw has to say though, but nothing interesting regarding the takeover I'm afraid.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:28 pm

No news is good news?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:35 pm

Trotters wrote:No news is good news?

Yep, Hope still lives...
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post by hawk190601 Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:47 pm

Guess there will be more eyes on who is in the crowd today then on the pitch!
hawk190601

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:55 pm

Hawk, I agree. I am waiting to see if Lerner is there with company.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:56 pm

Little has just told a fan that the deal is close
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:01 pm

hawk190601 wrote:Guess there will be more eyes on who is in the crowd today then on the pitch!

Lets be honest, not much exciting happens on the pitch for Villa fans of late...

Hopefully we have some spotters in the crowd, providing updates on crowd movements haha :)
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next