The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Transfer window

+54
rosco77
chrisw1
Nath11
big ming
Leafs1201
4BetLite
avfc85
Synopsis
villajk
Terry Derry
Saunders82
smetro
FoxyAV
mefromhere
achilles
Villa_Dan
Dions_Bald_Head
KMitch
danclare82
UnclePanda
DaveAV1
Dazzle
thegaffer6
ViewFromT2
The Utterer
EbeneezerGoode
Thinman
Jae1411
Rawlie
andrew24561
VTID85
Trotters
ember
Wookster
NARLA24
bruka
banneruk
VillaBill
fastbackace
Stratfordvilla
Con
wiler
Cha Ching
féliré
Robbo
Dgrizzle7
tonyp
Born Under The Holte End
WendyOz
jeffvilla
DelboyVilla
Army villain
avfc forever
De Kuip
58 posters

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Go down

Transfer window - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer window

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:37 am

More about getting his wages off the books I suspect
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Transfer window - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:09 pm

Bad apples spring to mind?
achilles
achilles

Transfer window - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:42 pm

achilles wrote:Bad apples spring to mind?

That's because it's lunchtime... Very Happy
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Transfer window - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:12 pm

I'm not sure who'd buy Gabby, he's certainly done nothing in the PL in the last couple of years of any note, and it's not as if he's tried this season.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:08 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:So The Telegraph are reporting that Remi wants to sell Gabby...

If, as has been leaked, he does have a chunk of change to spend, is this a way of adding to the pot for them bigger buys or does he just want to get rid?

TBH, if Gabby wasn't "one of us" we would have overwhelmingly wanted him gone years ago. In a team full of wage collecting passengers, Gabby is the most overpaid, least productive of the bunch. A striker who can't score goals making 65k a week needs to offloaded immediately, regardless if he is a Villa supporter or not.

As for your question, I think Gabby is a disruptive force in the dressing room and the coaching staff want rid. As the most senior player in our team, he should be the one setting an example on the pitch and in training, but he frankly doesn't care.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:09 pm

As an aside, watching Albrighton last night for Leicester I wondered: how many of us would take him back now if we could in January?!
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Transfer window - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:15 pm

KMitch wrote:
Dions_Bald_Head wrote:So The Telegraph are reporting that Remi wants to sell Gabby...

If, as has been leaked, he does have a chunk of change to spend, is this a way of adding to the pot for them bigger buys or does he just want to get rid?

TBH, if Gabby wasn't "one of us" we would have overwhelmingly wanted him gone years ago. In a team full of wage collecting passengers, Gabby is the most overpaid, least productive of the bunch. A striker who can't score goals making 65k a week needs to offloaded immediately, regardless if he is a Villa supporter or not.

As for your question, I think Gabby is a disruptive force in the dressing room and the coaching staff want rid. As the most senior player in our team, he should be the one setting an example on the pitch and in training, but he frankly doesn't care.

Excellent post. All this 'one of us' stuff is bollocks. I have heard that he surrounds himself with a horrible bunch that get in the Players Lounge. He has been stirring things at the Villa for years but the quick succession of managers has made it harder for him to wield his influence. They all know that he is a bad lot.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Under The Holte End Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:24 pm

It really would be in the best interests of club and player if he leaves ASAP.
Born Under The Holte End
Born Under The Holte End

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Under The Holte End Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:28 pm

FoxyAV wrote:I'm not sure who'd buy Gabby, he's certainly done nothing in the PL in the last couple of years of any note, and it's not as if he's tried this season.

Maybe a swap for Defoe from Sunderland who I understand want's to leave and for whatever reason - I read they are interested in Gabby Transfer window - Page 4 1787200310
Born Under The Holte End
Born Under The Holte End

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:30 pm

thegaffer6 wrote:As an aside, watching Albrighton last night for Leicester I wondered: how many of us would take him back now if we could in January?!

I never wanted him to leave in the first place. He was our only creative option we had on the bench in Lambert's first season, yet he could barely get in a game ahead of Gabby and the headless chicken, Weimann. Marc always had a fantastic cross on him and he's really shining in a team that actually poses a threat going forward.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:53 pm

Born Under The Holte End wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:I'm not sure who'd buy Gabby, he's certainly done nothing in the PL in the last couple of years of any note, and it's not as if he's tried this season.

Maybe a swap for Defoe from Sunderland who I understand want's to leave and for whatever reason - I read they are interested in Gabby Transfer window - Page 4 1787200310

That sounds good to me! Drumroll Please
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:35 pm

Bet he goes to Blose.

Last edited by Thinman on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:19 pm

Gabby: good...fuck off. Thanks for the memories that stopped being created years ago. But his influence is no longer required.

Albrighton: sums Villa up really. A young talent with heaps of potential turns a bit average under an average manager. Club doesn't even communicate with him over a contract, goes on to rediscover his potential and possibly into the Champions League (or maybe even win this league!). Yes I'd have him back.

Oh, back to Gabby again: club captain? Just who's fucking idiot idea was that?
Trotters
Trotters

Transfer window - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:19 pm

KMitch wrote:
thegaffer6 wrote:As an aside, watching Albrighton last night for Leicester I wondered: how many of us would take him back now if we could in January?!

I never wanted him to leave in the first place. He was our only creative option we had on the bench in Lambert's first season, yet he could barely get in a game ahead of Gabby and the headless chicken, Weimann. Marc always had a fantastic cross on him and he's really shining in a team that actually poses a threat going forward.

I never wanted him to leave either. In Weimann's defence, he's a striker who plays in the centre. He's not a winger, which is exactly what Albrighton is.

I like hearing Albrighton's doing well, our idiotic management pushed him out the door and he's done well for himself.

Back to Austin, two more goals for QPR tonight. I hope Garde is already identifying the players key to trying to keep us in the Premier League and who we could keep as the backbone of the club if we do get relegated. He also needs to look at who to bring in on loan or in the case of Ashley Cole, on a temporary basis, to try to keep us in the PL but to wave goodbye to if that doesn't happen. And finally the players who need to go in January who aren't earning their keep. Austin strikes me as the kind of player that can score the goals we need but with experience of the Championship too. I still think we need to keep Ayew, Grealish, Gil, Veretout, Gueye, Westwood (seriously!), Amavi and one or two more. Kozak it seems is on his way out regardless, there's not much point keeping Sinclair if no one will pass the ball to him, Gabby is sadly no longer interested in busting his balls for the Villa, Steer for me is as good as Guzan and likely to be on considerably lower wages and so on and so forth.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by tonyp Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:57 am

I don't see the club spending anywhere near enough in January to make the difference in the squad we need to survive. Low cost or free transfers seems the continued theme. 2-3 on form players could really make the difference. Austin has been mentioned many times he would give us a real threat and possible invigorate those attacking players around him. But I have absolutely no faith or confidence that the board would sanction such a deal.
tonyp
tonyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:24 pm

If were honest Gabby has never been a great player.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:58 pm

Gabby out and his wages used to pay Sirigu's?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:28 pm

I would like us to sign Daniel Bentley of Southend Utd, a young goalkeeper with loads of potential, possibly one for the future but could have a great future. He is out of contract in the summer and we could get him for about £1.5 million easily!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:31 am

We should buy Ighalo from Watford.

Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:14 am

Villa_Dan wrote:Gabby out and his wages used to pay Sirigu's?

Gabby out would be a good start.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:29 am

I'd honestly like some young English players. We don't need more foreigners.

Unless they are world class. Then we need more foreigners.

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:22 am

Con wrote:We should buy Ighalo from Watford.

I remember the days when this kind of signing would have been highly likely. Now, the Ighalo's of this world as as far away as Messi for us!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:23 pm

Rumors of Stephen Naismith and Jeremy Toulalan are our main targets this January. I love Naismith and he would provide us some badly needed creativity on the right. I'm not sure Toulalan would have the legs for the Premier League, but he has the reputation of a leader and used to be highly rated a few years back.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:44 am

From what I have seen in the media that any signings made in January will have release on relegation clauses. Now whilst that may be to 'protect' the club (Lerner) financially at the end of the season when we do drop, I can't help but think that if a new player knows he is going to get released, then without anything at stake and the fact they're only going to be there for 5 months at most, are they going to really be that bothered?
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:43 am

Synopsis wrote:From what I have seen in the media that any signings made in January will have release on relegation clauses. Now whilst that may be to 'protect' the club (Lerner) financially at the end of the season when we do drop, I can't help but think that if a new player knows he is going to get released, then without anything at stake and the fact they're only going to be there for 5 months at most, are they going to really be that bothered?  

Depends on the bonus they get if we stay up.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next