The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm.

+49
Andyh
Saunders82
Keyser Soze
Army villain
Stripey48
Dgrizzle7
Wookster
Dazzle
Sky
Leafs1201
avfc85
GadgetMan
thegaffer6
Villa jimmy
Cha Ching
Fpuppys
mefromhere
avfcjay
brummieboy
B62 Villa
Deano69
VTID85
George
jeffvilla
South London Villan
avfc forever
The Great white walnut
lukevilla
NARLA24
smetro
The Utterer
Dions_Bald_Head
Mazrim
ejs1111
Born Under The Holte End
ViewFromT2
KMitch
bazzah
mickeywya
Villa Ranger
VillaBill
worcesterkev
Stratfordvilla
Thinman
4BetLite
FoxyAV
UnclePanda
Villa_Dan
villabromsgrove
53 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Can we start with three points?

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. I_vote_lcap49%AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. I_vote_rcap 49% 
[ 30 ]
AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. I_vote_lcap31%AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. I_vote_rcap 31% 
[ 19 ]
AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. I_vote_lcap20%AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 61

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. Empty AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm.

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:10 am

I couldn't wait another minute to open this thread! Unbelievably it's that time of the year again .... the first match of a new season!

Are we ready? Probably not.

Will we win? I'm not sure.

Will it be exciting? Hell yes!

What do you think guys?
villabromsgrove

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. 4_star10

Back to top Go down

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. Empty Re: AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm.

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:19 am

I've gone with a draw.

Last season they were in great form and we were shite but we still beat them (admittedly it was largely our B team vs their B team) so I can't see a great deal having changed. They're at home and will be nervous/excited.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. Empty Re: AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm.

Post by UnclePanda Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:24 am

I think its gonna be 2 teams just trying to attack from the start. Bournemouth will have no fear. I cant see us going to defend. An open, high score draw for me. Maybe a 2-2, something like that
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:29 am

I've gone for a loss as my predictions are always wrong.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:42 am

Getsede hatrick, Bournemouth smashed, bring on ManU

Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
4BetLite
4BetLite

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:47 am

I think their players may just be a bit more nervous than ours, and our midfield will be just a bit too tasty for them.

Three points in a high scoring game. 3-1, 3-2, 4-3 to us! Very Happy
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:19 am

I honestly think we will lose. A number of reasons for this.

1) They will be fired up like nothing else. They have never been in this league and want to prove a point.
2) They will have a team that is used to each other. They don't need a period of time to gel.
3) We have a lot of PL rookies and they will get a shock when it comes to intensity and the physique. I think they will be bullied around the ground.
4) We've looked so bad in defence in preseason. Why should we suddenly look good.

I know there's more, just can't think of it. I'm gonna put a couple of big bills on us losing, so either way it's a good weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:31 am

They may have the energy, excitement and organization, and a damned good coach, but we have the better players. We will be the new boys more than Bournemouth, so let's turn it round on them and make it work for us.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:00 pm

I'm almost certain we will score at least one goal but frankly I don't think our defence is ready for this. I think we will lose quite conclusively.

Still i'll be there enjoying the south coast in August.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Stratfordvilla Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:46 pm

Think we'll lose - it's always difficult playing new teams early on. I can see us losing the first three, and then the march begins! It's weird, me and my eldest have just picked our starting 11 for Sat. There were 5 differences. Can't see all the new boys starting. Think Richards, amavi and gueye and Sinclair will. Reckon the other 2 Jordan's and Gestede will be on bench.
Stratfordvilla

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by worcesterkev Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:06 pm

draw for me, winning the game and then give away a late goal.
worcesterkev

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:08 am

It's true that it's best to avoid the new boys to the Premier in the first match, because they tend to see it as a cup match.

Depending on which team we put out on Saturday, we could be the new boys.

How do you feel now Bournemouth? Very Happy
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:12 am

Its true, the last opening day fixture we needed was a promoted team away, but I have gone for a Desmond !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:17 am

I think we'll lose, for same reasons as Joppe has stated above.

They have a winning mentality and the confidence that comes with it, as well as a settled side which they've added a few players to.

We have practically a new team and even the best of coaches would struggle to get them to gel in such a short space of time. I think we'll come good as the season progresses.

I wonder though, if all the omens are in place for a repeat of the 92/93 season opener, when BFR had bought a new team and we went to Hillsborough and were 2-0 down at half time.

We came out 2nd half and battered them and won 3-2.

My mate was at Uni in Sheffield and got us home tickets, so we watched in silence from the Kop surrounded by irate Wednesday fans, who were already seething about the fact that Big Ron had left them the previous season to join us.
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:59 pm

I couldn't get tickets but a few of us are still going down anyway, just to be part of the day. Anyone else doing the same?

Does anyone know if there are any pubs in Bournemouth that will be showing the game?
mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:11 pm

I'm just hoping that we somehow click. No idea on the score line but a point and a goal to get us of the mark going into the United game would be OK.

Danny Murphy on Talkshite this morning was saying that he knows a bit about French football and the guys we've signed are athletic and have pace and power. I hope they also have the technical ability. If so we could be very pleasing on the eye. If things go well this week during the double sessions and extra 11v11's TS spoke about, then maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised come 5pm Saturday evening!

Come on you Villa boys! Scarf Waving
bazzah

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:30 pm

I hate to say it, but I think we're going to lose the first 2-3 matches before we start to click. There are just too many new faces who need to get used to playing together and adjust to the pace of the Premier League. I think we'll be rolling by October, though, and we'll probably batter a few teams by Christmas. We should finish comfortably mid table this season, but next year will be when we make s push for the Europa League.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:36 pm

we have so many new faces, we cant be sure what our starting XI will be never mind the opposition!
An educated guess of our team

Guzan

Hutton               Richards                  Clarke            Amavi

Gana                          Westwood

Gil                                     Veretout                        Ayew

Gestede

I think Gestede will be our key signing this year, the Beast is dead, long live the Beast !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:00 pm

Well Sherwood will play 4-3-3, as he did on Saturday and as he told Gueye we will be playing!

Not sure how Sinclair doesn't get into that team above?...still, each to their own.

I'm thinking the team will be:

Bunn

Bacuna Richards Clark Amavi

Gueye Westwood Veretout

Ayew Kozak Sinclair

Just don't see Gestede starting yet, having played no part of pre-season....be a few weeks before we see him start in my opinion. Kozak has done ok pre-season, if Amavi keeps chucking them balls into the box, he will score goals.

Bunn hasn't really put a foot wrong during pre-season, I reckon he may well get the nod. Guzan and Sanchez only been back a week or so, don't think either will feature yet.

If anything, pre-season should have proven to Sherwood that Bacuna really isn't a midfield player. I prefer him to Hutton at RB and does have the ability to stick it in the mixer!!

I desperately hope Gil is fit to play a part on Saturday, he will be our key man in a lot of games I think.
Imagine having a few players that may actually be intelligent enough to play with him now....wow!!

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:01 pm

VillaBill wrote:we have so many new faces, we cant be sure what our starting XI will be never mind the opposition!

Guzan

Gestede

I think Gestede will be our key signing this year, the Beast is dead, long live the Beast !
Don't you think Sinclair has earned the left midfield spot?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:06 pm

I'm wondering what people's thoughts are regarding Grealish's prospects following all these new arrivals? 2 weeks ago I would have thought (so long as he was fit) he'd be nailed on to start against Bournemouth. Either way he's got fierce competition for a starting berth.
bazzah

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:16 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
VillaBill wrote:we have so many new faces, we cant be sure what our starting XI will be never mind the opposition!

Guzan

Gestede

Don't you think Sinclair has earned the left midfield spot?

Forgot Sinclair (doh) , I haven't a clue
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:21 pm

bazzah wrote:I'm wondering what people's thoughts are regarding Grealish's prospects following all these new arrivals?  2 weeks ago I would have thought (so long as he was fit) he'd be nailed on to start against Bournemouth.  Either way he's got fierce competition for a starting berth.

Which is how it should be.

Part of the problem of the Lambert era was the fact that we could all pick the team on the way to the ground, and barring injuries we would be spot on, week in week out.

I really think Sherwood will change it when he sees fit, mix it up and get players playing for the shirt every day of the week. I think Gil is a better player personally, and offers far more in terms of creativity. I like Grealish, but I am not blinded by the fact he is a local lad that supports the club. It's great to see don't get me wrong, but without that club connection there is no way he would be rated so highly by so many. Great player to have in the squad who can now be taken out of the firing line and allowed to develop.

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:59 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
bazzah wrote:I'm wondering what people's thoughts are regarding Grealish's prospects following all these new arrivals?  2 weeks ago I would have thought (so long as he was fit) he'd be nailed on to start against Bournemouth.  Either way he's got fierce competition for a starting berth.

Part of the problem of the Lambert era was the fact that we could all pick the team on the way to the ground, and barring injuries we would be spot on, week in week out.

I really think Sherwood will change it when he sees fit, mix it up and get players playing for the shirt every day of the week. I think Gil is a better player personally, and offers far more in terms of creativity. I like Grealish, but I am not blinded by the fact he is a local lad that supports the club. It's great to see don't get me wrong, but without that club connection there is no way he would be rated so highly by so many. Great player to have in the squad who can now be taken out of the firing line and allowed to develop.

Great post T2.  I guess if you're good enough, you'll get a game. That local connection is what is missing from the game during this era - it's a shame - for the purest, locality is the essence of why football clubs were created some 150+ years ago. Unfortunately, there's enough money swishing around these days to buy better.
bazzah

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:40 pm

bazzah wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:

Great post T2.  I guess if you're good enough, you'll get a game.  That local connection is what is missing from the game during this era - it's a shame - for the purest, locality is the essence of why football clubs were created some 150+ years ago.  Unfortunately, there's enough money swishing around these days to buy better.
AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa FC. Sat Aug 8th 3:00pm. 3769219917  Two good posts. I like the fact that we won't all pick the same team this season (unless injuries hit us hard). I also agree that the local club with local players is a thing of the past .... but I'll add this thought.

When I walk across Aston Park on match day, and the magnificent vista of Villa Park comes into view, I know that players will come and go and some of them will leave their names indelibly stamped on our memories, but it's Aston Villa that matters and it will live on for ever! Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next