The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Alan Hutton, Full Backs & Tim Sherwood

+6
avfc85
ViewFromT2
Trotters
Terry Derry
DomAVFC
smetro
10 posters

Go down

Alan Hutton, Full Backs & Tim Sherwood  Empty Alan Hutton, Full Backs & Tim Sherwood

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue May 26, 2015 9:38 am

I've been perusing some stats, I thought this was interesting.

I have been ok with watching Hutton this season, in fact I was of the opinion his performances were pretty good. But I've looked at our back four since we took off under Sherwood (ie. WBA at home)...and well....maybe he is somewhat of a liability under Sherwood?

Hutton started the game against WBA, but went off injured....we went on and won the game. We then played the next 2 games with a back 4 of Bacuna/Okore/Clark/Lowton...and never conceded a goal, winning 2-0 against West Brom and 4-0 at Sunderland.

He then replaces Lowton with Hutton at left back for Swansea at home...we lose 0-1!

We go to Old Trafford with Hutton replacing Bacuna at RB, and Lowton returning to LB...we lose 1-3!

Hutton is then missing from the starting XI for the following 6 games, which include wins at Spurs, the semi final win. narrowly losing at Man City plus wins against Everton and West Ham. In each of these games, Richardson played at LB with Bacuna at RB.

We then go to St Marys, and Hutton comes back into the team...at left back, and we get totally humiliated. He wasn't alone in playing poorly but Sherwood has to accept blame for this ridiculous team selection. Lowton was on the bench that day....he had already proved capable of covering at left back.

Alas it appears that Sherwood would rather play N'Zogbia there now instead of Lowton, who by Sherwood's admission was totally fine this weekend, just overlooked.
In a team where we have literally no options at full back...he was overlooked...for a winger!

2 things strike me as pretty obvious looking at results and performances (never mind what I witness with my own eyes), if Richardson isn't fit...then Lowton should be next choice at LB.....HOWEVER...

In the 13 games since that win over West Brom, we have used 4 different players at Left Back.....none of them are true Left Back's...in all of those games, Sherwood hasn't given our only recognised Left Back a minute on the pitch!
Does this not sound any alarm bells with anyone?

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Alan Hutton, Full Backs & Tim Sherwood  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Alan Hutton, Full Backs & Tim Sherwood  Empty Re: Alan Hutton, Full Backs & Tim Sherwood

Post by smetro Thu May 28, 2015 7:51 pm

Those are very interesting stats - and disprove my theory that Hutton is one of our better fullbacks !!!!

He hasn't looked great since that Injury - but then again thought Bacuna was pretty poor v Burnley.....

Perhaps there all crap ! - Hope we get one or two during the close season....
smetro
smetro

Alan Hutton, Full Backs & Tim Sherwood  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Alan Hutton, Full Backs & Tim Sherwood  Empty Re: Alan Hutton, Full Backs & Tim Sherwood

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:42 am

Wish Sherwood had read this thread on Friday night!!!

Hutton back in for Bacuna, who had been a regular and not let us down.....poor decision!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:11 pm

Did anybody see Hutton do this tonight? Pahahaha.

https://www.facebook.com/FutbolBible/videos/431720870366847/
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Alan Hutton, Full Backs & Tim Sherwood  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:29 am

What a load of bollocks.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Alan Hutton, Full Backs & Tim Sherwood  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:13 am

Hahahahaha. The tune!

Great post, T2. Hutton is a million miles from where he was when he started with us but, in light of our new signings especially, he's very much "meh"
Trotters
Trotters

Alan Hutton, Full Backs & Tim Sherwood  5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:46 pm

I don't think Hutton is as bad as Villa fans have tried to make him out, more I scape goat for me under the AM days but he definitely isn't the future and should now been seen as a squad player until we can get someone better.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:28 am

Going forward Hutton does a decent job in supporting the play. He gets into some great positions, but the trouble is his delivery is next to useless!!!
I'm looking forward to see what Ilori can do at right back...or even Crespo. Hutton is ok when needed, but the kinda player you would hope isn't good enough to start in the side as the season unfolds.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:43 pm

To be honest Crespo is no fullback he looks like an old fashioned CB to me.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:56 am

L'Equip created a British XI

Alan Hutton, Full Backs & Tim Sherwood  Aa382
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:22 pm

Williams and not Richards? Madness
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:40 pm

mefromhere wrote:Williams and not Richards? Madness

Richards plays on the right, not the left.

Hutton over Walker?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:23 pm

Hutton over walker 
Not as many injurys
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down