The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round .... played 24/25th January.

+23
Mazrim
Cha Ching
VTID85
KMitch
South London Villan
Villa jimmy
Jae1411
NARLA24
Dek of Villa
jeffvilla
DaveAV1
lukevilla
VillaBill
ejs1111
avfc85
mefromhere
FoxyAV
gdav
Green Villan
Thinman
kimbo
Villa_Dan
villabromsgrove
27 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Can we beat the best that the Championship has to offer?

Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap9%Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap29%Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 10 ]
Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap3%Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap9%Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap50%Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 17 ]

Total Votes : 34

Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round .... played 24/25th January.

Post by kimbo Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:06 pm

I'm in the Lower Holte on Saturday, if anyone wants to sort it I'll help hand them out  :)
kimbo
kimbo

Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round .... played 24/25th January.

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:12 pm

kimbo wrote:I'm in the Lower Holte on Saturday, if anyone wants to sort it I'll help hand them out  :)

Almost 13,500 capacity, so say 7k for a cup match? That's a lot of photocopying and smuggling in!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:34 pm

Its  amazing the germans with a sense of humour.  Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 50815218 Drumroll Please
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:20 pm

Leeds beat Bournemouth last night, but can we beat them on Sunday?
villabromsgrove

Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:52 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Leeds beat Bournemouth last night, but can we beat them on Sunday?

I suspect they fielded a weaker team so they are ready for us.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:39 pm

kimbo wrote:This is what I'd do on Sunday. Can't see it happening, mind.

Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 My_tea10

Good call mate.

Of course we all know that in the real world the clueless one will bugger team selection and tactics up.

Regardless of Lambert's incompetence, we should win but then this is the Villa and when has things been easy!?

Up the Villa Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:36 pm

Good choice Dek of Villa. Although Given is a top notch goal keeper I would have played Guzan.
You know the old belt and braces.
No Weimann or Gabby I see. Very wise. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:02 am

I've just had a thought that I'm not particularly proud of .... Do we want to win on Sunday? This is not a Lambert out thought, it's a bit of pragmatism based on our league position, and the absolute necessity for a focussed team to battle it's way through our next sixteen league fixtures.

If we beat Bournemouth on Sunday and then win our next cup match, that would put us in the quarter finals of the FA cup!. See what I mean about total focus?

Look what happened to Wigan .... they won the FA cup and got relegated a few days later. Birmingham got to the Quarter Finals of the FA cup, won the League cup and got relegated the same season. We should have only one target for the rest of this season and that's Premier League survival. As much as I'd love a good cup run, I want to remain in the Premier League even more!

So back to my earlier question .... Do we want to win on Sunday?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:17 am

villabromsgrove wrote:I've just had a thought that I'm not particularly proud of .... Do we want to win on Sunday? This is not a Lambert out thought, it's a bit of pragmatism based on our league position, and the absolute necessity for a focussed team to battle it's way through our next sixteen league fixtures.

If we beat Bournemouth on Sunday and then win our next cup match, that would put us in the quarter finals of the FA cup!. See what I mean about total focus?

Look what happened to Wigan .... they won the FA cup and got relegated a few days later. Birmingham got to the Quarter Finals of the FA cup, won the League cup and got relegated the same season. We should have only one target for the rest of this season and that's Premier League survival. As much as I'd love a good cup run, I want to remain in the Premier League even more!

Yes, we do want to win. We need something to cheer about.

Are we going to win? Not a chance, unless Lambert completely rethinks his approach, based on the Liverpool match. We've not been able to score all season, Gil looked fantastic against Liverpool, as did having Delph in attack rather than defence, but I can't see Lambert sticking with that second half formation.

Having said that, this is the perfect opportunity to have a go. We'll find out what Lambert learned from the Liverpool match - usual defensive formation minus the fast counter-attack breaks in first half = nothing from us and one goal down versus attacking formation, lots of chances, unlucky not to score plus a mistake leading to goal in the second half. What we as fans learned from it is act scared, go defensive, know the current system isn't producing goals but stick stubbornly with it anyway, concede and get booed off or go on the offensive, play interesting football, get the crowd behind the players and making noise and go away feeling not so bad about losing than had it been defensive, low possession football for the whole 90 minutes.

What Lambert does next is going to give us an idea of how loud the chants against him will be in the next few matches.

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:31 am

villabromsgrove wrote:I've just had a thought that I'm not particularly proud of .... Do we want to win on Sunday? This is not a Lambert out thought, it's a bit of pragmatism based on our league position, and the absolute necessity for a focussed team to battle it's way through our next sixteen league fixtures.

Yep. I want to win the cup.

I don't buy into this cup/league philosophy. If you go down, you deserve to go down.
kimbo
kimbo

Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:50 am

kimbo wrote:

I don't buy into this cup/league philosophy. If you go down, you deserve to go down.
I hope you and I aren't debating this point on the evening of Sunday May 24th, with tears streaming down our faces. I've just been looking at our last eight fixtures, and only two of them are what I would describe as winnable. We would be under dogs in the other six matches. That's why I think that the FA cup could be a distraction if we are still in it.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:01 pm

Winning breeds winning.

And this game is a weekend game the same as any league match, no reason to rest players.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:10 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Winning breeds winning.

And this game is a weekend game the same as any league match, no reason to rest players.
I'm playing devil's advocate here, but what if Carles Gil or Fabien Delph or Christian Benteke pick up an injury on Sunday in what is likely to be a hard fought game? Each future cup match provides another opportunity for injuries to key players. Do we have the squad for it?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:17 pm

Countering that, what if Gil and Benteke combine to score 4 goals between them, get the confidence flowing and the crowd behind them?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:19 pm

Muggins here, within two weeks of swearing he wouldn't come to another match with Lambert in charge has gone and bought a ticket for this. My dear mother is driving (albeit collecting me five hours before kickoff for a two and a half hour drive!) and the promise of a curry in town afterwards has swung it.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:23 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
kimbo wrote:

I hope you and I aren't debating this point on the evening of Sunday May 24th, with tears streaming down our faces. I've just been looking at our last eight fixtures, and only two of them are what I would describe as winnable. We would be under dogs in the other six matches. That's why I think that the FA cup could be a distraction if we are still in it.
Of course we won't. We'll be relegated long before then  Laughing
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:52 pm

Enjoy your curry FoxyAV, its probably the only enjoyment you will get all day. :shock: Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:17 pm

I'm with Dan on this. Winning can become a habit, just as loosing has for us. The tragedy is that Villa loosing at home to Bournemouth in the 4th round of the FA Cup is not thought of as being a shock.

I personally think we'll win. Since Bournemouth are being bigged up so much I think we won't take the game lightly and some personal pride will kick in with the players.

Dream of this headline lads....... "FA Cup Winners Aston Villa Takenover By Multi Billionaire" Aston Villa v Bournemouth .... FA Cup 4th round  .... played 24/25th January. - Page 3 1715320296 Scarf Waving
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:32 pm

I think the fact that Bournemouth are considered favourites by quite a few people - and the 'scored more goals than Villa in Birmingham' thing keeps getting floated about - should be all the motivation that the players need, and all that Paul Lambert needs in his team talk.

But then I think a lot of things about the players and Paul Lambert....!  Rolling Eyes
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:09 pm

jeffvilla wrote:Enjoy your curry FoxyAV, its probably the only enjoyment you will get all day. :shock: Scarf Waving Scarf Waving

Thanks, I certainly will. We have an excellent local curry house in Winchester but the wife isn't interested in more than one curry every couple of months or so, one of the many things I should have taken into account before I married her. I'm very much looking forward to it.

I just read Robbie Savage's piece about Villa, I hadn't realised we were bottom goal scorers out of all top nine tiers!

" Villa have scored seven at home and only 11 in total in 22 matches.

That is not only the worst goals-per-game ratio in the top division of any of Europe's major leagues - England, Spain, Germany, France and Italy - but also the worst goals-per-game ratio by any of the 649 teams in the top nine tiers of the English football pyramid. "

Bearing in mind what Randy stands to lose if the club is relegated, both in continued income and loss of TV money and presumably wages of players like Gabby who presumably wouldn't go, I'm even more amazed Lambert hasn't gone. My only hope is that Lerner thinks the club is on the verge of being sold and he doesn't want the cost of sacking Lambert, especially if the new owner wants to attract a decent manager with the promise of decent money to spend, and doesn't want to have to sack Lambert's replacement.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:48 pm

Even if we lose now we won't be the biggest upset of the weekend!
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:57 pm

mefromhere wrote:Even if we lose now we won't be the biggest upset of the weekend!

Having watched ManU scrape a draw against Cambridge United I have hope we can do the same against Bournemouth. On the plus side if we do I'm only 45 minutes away for the replay!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:04 pm

Finally some good news!!!

Gabby is doubtful for Sunday due to injury.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:38 pm

Its amazing  whenever there is a cup tie gabby is injured !!!!!!!!!
Its almost that a cup tie is beneath him. silent
I hope I am wrong but this is the second tie without him
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:57 pm

Better without Gabby I reckon. The cup will never be easier to win than this year now!
I always thought that Bradford team were quite handy!
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next