The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Protests must start.

+16
achilles
Morrisio84
Morgan Villa
thegaffer6
Army villain
Angel of Haarlem
Villa_Dan
Green Villan
CoE82
Mr_Spadge
gdav
Morpheus
Trotters
villabromsgrove
Thinman
Diamond
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Protests must start. - Page 3 Empty Re: Protests must start.

Post by DaveAV1 Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:37 pm

Since they count season ticket holders as sold anyway and many people, me included, find it hard not to go, then I'm not sure the stay away thing will work. Yes I understand the empty seats on TV will make an uncomfortable image for club management, but only if the idea has enough support.
However, I do agree we can't just stick our heads in the sand and should do something. I've heard a few people suggest a walkout. Newcastle fans tried it last year with limited success. The main problem as I see it, is that once people are there, they are reluctant to leave. I was going to add, especially if it's an exciting game, but then remembered the whole point of the protest.
So how about a turn up late protest? I'd love to suggest everyone showed up at a certain time, say 19th minute. But the logistics wouldn't work. So how about everyone shows up at half time. 15 mins should be enough time to get everyone in. We could give it a tag line something like, [b]"You're half arsed, we're half watching".[b]
Comments?
DaveAV1

Protests must start. - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:41 pm

Bang on Dave, nice idea.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Protests must start. - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:21 pm

Glad you think so GV. I don't want to get on the wrong side of you today :)
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:26 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:Glad you think so GV. I don't want to get on the wrong side of you today :)

Mate you're cool, I respect all opinions, it's just that me and Dan have a history for disagreement and I'm on the brink of sodding all footy off for a while, I just want fans to actually try something but I keep getting the same we can't do anything so everyone else may as well not bother, without even trying anything, isn't that the definition of insanity? Imagine if we had that attitude when Hitler tried to invade.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:04 pm

Hard to disagree with that mate. I feel the game in general has been stolen from us. Worse still our very own AVFC are drifting away from us more every day and heading blindly towards a bloody great iceberg with Lerner etc leading the band.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:08 pm

However to get anything off the ground really big enough to make a difference, we would need a big hitter onboard to get the message spread to enough people. Perhaps we should ask Roy Keane?
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:10 pm

I can understand the die hard, through rain or shine attitude and respect it a lot but there has to be a line drawn, when we were in the shit and relegated we were braking records for the good but back then our club had a spine, players willing to put the shift in and a bit of self belief, the last 4 years have seen no fight, no passion, no backbone and now that dreaded feeling of apathy, 2014 is nothing like the old days when we went through the trap door (twice) and still had a bit of pride about ourselves and our club but this day and age is a whole different kettle of fish.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:11 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:However to get anything off the ground really big enough to make a difference, we would need a big hitter onboard to get the message spread to enough people. Perhaps we should ask Roy Keane?

Protests must start. - Page 3 498107619 that cracked me up lol
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:45 pm

I think chants of "There's only one ..." Followed by every other manager on the unemployed list. Whoever gets the loudest song during the first half gets repeated all through the second half. Tony Pulis would be my favourite
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:50 pm

lol Pulis on a 2year deal I wouldn't say no to.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:02 pm

Green Villan wrote:lol Pulis on a 2year deal I wouldn't say no to.

+1
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:11 pm

A couple of years ago I would have been horrified at the prospect of Pulis as our gaffer. However I read an interview with him when he was Palace manager and he talked a lot of sense. His main point was he played to the strengths of the squad. To be fair at Palace he played a lot more attractive football than he did at Stoke. Although it could be argued he was at Stoke long enough to change the squad and the style.

It may be the fact that my hopes and expectations have been seriously eroded in recent years, that make Pulis now seem like a decent option. However I'd certainly feel considerably more hopeful with him in charge rather than Paul Lambert.

The only real solution though is that we find a new owner and the well meaning but clueless Randy Lerner hands the custodianship of our great football club to someone who can move us forward. I don't necessarily want a multibillionair, although I wouldn't rule one out. I'd like someone with drive and vision, with the ability to grow the club organically. I want us to be completely successful, but not like Man City. They seem to have lost all identity. They're a club without a soul and lots of their traditional core of support, which was always good, now feel disenfranchised.

Basically I want my cake and eat it!
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3