The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll)

+61
Heisenberg
Withes Sweatbands
robinsonvil81
Chicken
GodzoneVilla
FoxyAV
ember
ViewFromT2
Sky
avfcjoe
chrisw1
Jae1411
viva_la_amo
Sean
Mooseman
bakerbob
ejs1111
Dgrizzle7
Leafs1201
Saunders82
plastic
DaveAV1
avfc85
thinlizzy
VillaBill
KMitch
achilles
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
VTID85
Mazrim
holtehero
Dions_Bald_Head
UnclePanda
Dek of Villa
Nix999
Desperate Villan
lukevilla
De Kuip
CoE82
villashrew
London Villa
Cha Ching
kimbo
GadgetMan
Morpheus
Dazzle
thegaffer6
Dave Hall
jeffvilla
NARLA24
The Utterer
South London Villan
Synopsis
Morgan Villa
mefromhere
Green Villan
gdav
Villa_Dan
Thinman
Trotters
villabromsgrove
65 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Who do you want as our New Manager?

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 17 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 6 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap41%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 41% 
[ 42 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap2%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 22 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 10 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap1%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap2%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 103

Poll closed

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 Empty Re: Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll)

Post by Morpheus Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:33 am

Have suggested McClaren before Dazzle as he would be ideal. Likes his teams to play attractive football and a very good coach.

Problem is I don't think Randy would want to pay compensation twice so for that reason alone if Lambert is sacked then it would have to be Pulis if still available.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 Empty Re: Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll)

Post by gdav Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:41 pm

We are not an attractive proposition at the mo but you could also look at it another way. Managers have egos just like players & most have a very high opinions of their ability. So most would probably think the only way is up. The squad is capable of mid table without spending a penny. Any football will look attractive after the shit we've been served so maybe they would jump at the chance to wake a sleeping giant.
gdav
gdav

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:01 pm

If we're talking realistic appointments, given our current status, being up for sale and all the uncertainty that comes with that we can forget any 'names'

Personally I'd go with McLaren and Southgate as his assistant (or Southgate alone) however these wouldn't be first choice. I'd love us to go for it and get Kluivert, desperate to manage in the EPL. Would he come though?

If we were able to draw higher than those I'd love Klinsmann, Tuchel, Benitez, someone of that ilk. The argentian at Marseille would be incredible, but hey I'll stop dreaming ha!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:05 pm

gdav wrote:We are not an attractive proposition at the mo but you could also look at it another way. Managers have egos just like players & most have a very high opinions of their ability. So most would probably think the only way is up. The squad is capable of mid table without spending a penny. Any football will look attractive after the shit we've been served so maybe they would jump at the chance to wake a sleeping giant.
You make a good point gdav. Taking over as manager at Palace or Burnley has some kudos because that makes you a Premiership manager. It's not going to take you anywhere though because they will inevitably be Premiership strugglers.

Taking over as Villa manager may look like a pain in the butt at the moment due to non investment, but a manager with anything about him will jump at the challenge. The infrastructure at AVFC is that of a really big club, and a prospective new manager has to back himself to get things right enough on the pitch so that that our (still very rich) owner see's the sense in backing him with sufficient funds in the transfer market.

I believe that managers like Pulis, McLaren, Dyche etc would all currently get more out of our squad, and would jump at the opportunity of an interview.
villabromsgrove

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:58 pm

This is a massive football club that is on its knees. I think there are plenty of egos in managers that will make them think it's a decent time to take us on, because even an average job would be much better than this turgid shite.

Funny, I've used the phrase 'turgid shite' about Villa in recent seasons more than the rest of my life and other subject combined.

Anyway. For me, people meeting with Randy Lerner and thinking, "fuck that!" is likely to be the only issue; but honestly, I can't imagine most managers looking at us and not thinking they could improve us. I think most managers will look at us and see rectifiable issues.

So on that basis I think we're likely to more attractive than people think. Plus make no bones about it, the Premier League is a massive pull - therefore staying in the damn thing would be pretty darn handy!
kimbo
kimbo

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:50 pm

What about taking a punt on someone like Warburton from Brentford if he'd be mad enough? It would be a huge risk with a major potential downside as he's so inexperienced but he may just be the real deal and as an ex-financial trader, he would be used to the pressures and must be a very clever individual.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:07 pm

Cha Ching wrote:What about taking a punt on someone like Warburton from Brentford if he'd be mad enough? It would be a huge risk with a major potential downside as he's so inexperienced but he may just be the real deal and as an ex-financial trader, he would be used to the pressures and must be a very clever individual.

We can't afford to take such a risk IMO We need a proven entity
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:18 pm

If we do have a problem with senior player's attitudes, then we need a "Pulis" type manager to come in and demand that they toe the line and do things his way.

He's probably the only manager that we could reasonably expect to get, who could come in and kick arse and get the whole squad turned around.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
Cha Ching wrote:What about taking a punt on someone like Warburton from Brentford if he'd be mad enough? It would be a huge risk with a major potential downside as he's so inexperienced but he may just be the real deal and as an ex-financial trader, he would be used to the pressures and must be a very clever individual.

Nine times out of ten, you're right. However, we are sleepwalking down the table and into the championship as things stand. We don't have major funds to turn things around so a great short term fix would be Pulis. He would certainly come in and halt the slide I think but what then? We would toddle along like Stoke did going nowhere higher than 8th or worse than 15th. I'd rather roll the dice a bit.
There is a next Mourinho and Ferguson out there somewhere. Looking at Warburton and his record with youth development, it might be him conceivably. Look what Holloway said about him and his team after the recent game

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29993223

I'm fed up of mediocrity. I want us to have a chance to go somewhere again.

Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:32 pm

Cha Ching wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

Nine times out of ten, you're right. However, we are sleepwalking down the table and into the championship as things stand. We don't have major funds to turn things around so a great short term fix would be Pulis. He would certainly come in and halt the slide I think but what then? We would toddle along like Stoke did going nowhere higher than 8th or worse than 15th. I'd rather roll the dice a bit.
There is a next Mourinho and Ferguson out there somewhere. Looking at Warburton and his record with youth development, it might be him conceivably. Look what Holloway said about him and his team after the recent game

It would be superb if we plucked the next "big" manager from obscurity, but it would be a hell of a risky thing to do!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:47 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Cha Ching wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

It would be superb if we plucked the next "big" manager from obscurity, but it would be a hell of a risky thing to do!

And looking back my posts will probably look very foolish when this time next year he's sacked by Brentford when they're bottom of the championship with no wins. However it's a bit like when you know you're splitting up with your girlfriend soon and you're looking at who else is around. There's always one or two who you know would be up for it, but are a bit meh!. The one I tended to be drawn to is the one who could turn out to be be either your wife for life or the one who shreds all your clothes and boils your pets.
It's very easy to make these types of calls sitting behind a keyboard when you don't have to consider the future of the staff or the club. I seriously doubt if we would take a chance like this but it would be quite a ride and that's what has been missing for too long at the club.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:26 pm

Cha Ching, one name, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, look how things can go with an unproven manager and a useless twat of an owner, no thanks that would be begging for trouble.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:40 pm

Cha Ching wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
Cha Ching wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

And looking back my posts will probably look very foolish when this time next year he's sacked by Brentford when they're bottom of the championship with no wins. However it's a bit like when you know you're splitting up with your girlfriend soon and you're looking at who else is around. There's always one or two who you know would be up for it, but are a bit meh!. The one I tended to be drawn to is the one who could turn out to be be either your wife for life or the one who shreds all your clothes and boils your pets.
It's very easy to make these types of calls sitting behind a keyboard when you don't have to consider the future of the staff or the club. I seriously doubt if we would take a chance like this but it would be quite a ride and that's what has been missing for too long at the club.
I like this post .... I probably shouldn't do, but I like it. 8)
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by London Villa Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:19 pm

Anyone got an opinion on Glenn Hoddle? I hear great things about him around here.
London Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:38 pm

I think Hoddle is a superb technical coach, but obsessed with where each player should be for each play (literally to a couple of feet). Our players aren't good enough to benefit from that high degree of precision. Also despite his coaching skills he's a lousy man manager.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:55 pm

If Hoddle thinks all cripples are sinners in a previous life, does that mean that Hoddle thinks he was a cripple in a previous life?
Green Villan
Green Villan

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:05 am

Cha Ching wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

If we were to go down the totally inexperienced route, I'd go for Eddie Howe at Bournemouth. Performed miracles there, he really has. Plays fantastic football too. This is a big old club and needs a PERSONALITY. Someone who is as big as the club imo and can handle the pressure (it sucks the life out of people) Benitez would be marvelous, as would Rijkard.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:55 pm

Eddie Howe would be a good shout for me if he fancied it or Possibly Southgate. Either of them would be a decent style of football taking us away from the turgid shite on offer currently.

They both like to play with the ball on deck, possession based, quick tempo pass and move football. Now the only problem I see with that is a few of our players seem far too thick to adapt to that type of game sadly so it may be a bit of a struggle at first.

I think either of those two may get the fans hopes up again and get the attendances back up with a bit of decent football on offer.

Would love Klinsmann, Michael Laudrup, Patrick Kluivert, Frank de Boer or any number of top class coaches were we to be taken over anytime soon but that is all a pipe dream at this current place in time. So it is fair to say we can forget names like that for the foreseeable future.

Jesus, I would even snatch your hand off for Pulis as long as Lambert gets the sack.
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:37 pm

I don't think it's that our players are too thick. They're just not coached properly. I watched a couple of the games last night and the basics of having a player actually run with the ball into the gap between the opposition players then seeing two team mates run into a space to receive the ball whilst a third anticipates where the play is going and moves there.

Our lads seem to either stand still and watch to see what happens next or actually run away from the player with the ball leaving him exposed with little option than backward or an aimless hoof.

It is the very definition of anti-football.
Trotters
Trotters

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:49 am

Steve Clarke is in the frame for the job.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:07 am

I presume you mean as in replacing Keane rather than Lambert?
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:09 am

Timing - I just got a text off my mate saying he'd heard Steve Clarke might be lined up to replace Keane.

He probably just read it on here!  Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 498107619
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:16 am

Opinions?
Trotters
Trotters

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:27 am

I'd be happy enough personally, I think he's a good coach and probably more suited to that anyway, although he may disagree. I wouldn't mind seeing an attacking coach come in as well like Sheringham has done with WHAM! but one step at a time and all that.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:40 am

kimbo wrote:I presume you mean as in replacing Keane rather than Lambert?
Yes mate, got confused. It is in one of the daily rags.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next