The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

What's in a manager's contract?

Go down

What's in a manager's contract? Empty What's in a manager's contract?

Post by Trotters Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:56 pm

A comment was made on TBAR's Facebook page that made me wonder just what is in a typical contract for a football manager's job.

So far as anyone can tell, Lambert's contract is as follows:

Dear Mr. Lambert,

Aston Villa FC would like to offer you the position of manager based on the following conditions:

1. You can pick your own back room staff.
2. Hours are Monday - Friday 9am-4pm. Although we expect you to turn up on Saturdays, work is optional.
3. You earn £xxxxxx/week.

If you chose to accept these terms, please sign below and return to us by Close Of Business Friday.

Yours,

Paul Faulkner
per Randy Lerner.

There was an article by the Birmingham Mail here just after Xmas where Lambert discussed losing his job:

“I always have that fear, as you do. I think you’ve got to have that fear.
“I’ve got a good relationship with Randy but that doesn’t mean I’m immune to it (the sack).
“I don’t think it will get any tougher than last year, and he was great with me then, but I’m certainly not immune from anything.”

Well it would appear that he is.

What does it take to get the sack at Villa Park? Doug dumped Big Fat Ron on his Big Fat Arse shortly after a League Cup win and, as we all know, was never shy in loading the gun and pulling the trigger on managers. Yet since that Birmingham Mail report above, we've dropped points against Sunderland, West Ham, Cardiff, Newcastle, Stoke and the worst Man Utd side in a generation.

Lambert has set all manner of records that you don't want your side to have yet by all accounts appears completely comfortable in his job.

And I'll bet that if Randy fired him now, he'd have to pay out his contract.

Why should he have to?

Lambert engineers a low point as far as home results went, then set to work to beat that record the following season.
- Worst defeats
- worst defensive records
- worst start to a season in 43 years
- Record winless streak of 13 matches
- Dumped out of the League Cup semi finals by Bradford
- Dumped out of the FA Cup by Millwall
- Another 8 game winless run almost results in the club's worst run in 50 years.
- A four game run without winning OR scoring
- knocked out of the FA Cup by Sheffield Utd.

I'm sure there are a lot more records that Lambert has set that we don't need to be reminded of but surely there must be some performance indicators in his contract that would allow the club to terminate him with the need to payout the remainder of his contract? Yet for all his failings, we read reports that Lerner was discussing giving him a new contract?

This club has the stench of incompetence from top to bottom. Yes, Randy took away all of the nice shiny tools that he made available to MoN as has only given subsequent managers to the minimum to work with. But even those resources should have been enough to prevent the kind of abject misery this dour manager has inflicted upon our club.

If Lerner or Faulkner aren't discussing new managerial options today then they both need to be called out by the fans and an explanation forthcoming.

It's not good enough. Not by a long long way.
Trotters
Trotters

What's in a manager's contract? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

What's in a manager's contract? Empty Re: What's in a manager's contract?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:29 pm

Fill ya boots, don't call me.

Randy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:33 pm

Talking of contracts, and I know this veers us off topic, but just WHO signed off Shay Given's five year deal? Who could be so incredibly naive to do so? Who could be so freely reckless with the club's - our - money?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:57 pm

Think with Given was we all knew Guzan was a good prem keeper and didn't really need Given at all...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down