The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll)

+61
Heisenberg
Withes Sweatbands
robinsonvil81
Chicken
GodzoneVilla
FoxyAV
ember
ViewFromT2
Sky
avfcjoe
chrisw1
Jae1411
viva_la_amo
Sean
Mooseman
bakerbob
ejs1111
Dgrizzle7
Leafs1201
Saunders82
plastic
DaveAV1
avfc85
thinlizzy
VillaBill
KMitch
achilles
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
VTID85
Mazrim
holtehero
Dions_Bald_Head
UnclePanda
Dek of Villa
Nix999
Desperate Villan
lukevilla
De Kuip
CoE82
villashrew
London Villa
Cha Ching
kimbo
GadgetMan
Morpheus
Dazzle
thegaffer6
Dave Hall
jeffvilla
NARLA24
The Utterer
South London Villan
Synopsis
Morgan Villa
mefromhere
Green Villan
gdav
Villa_Dan
Thinman
Trotters
villabromsgrove
65 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

Who do you want as our New Manager?

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) I_vote_lcap17%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 17 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) I_vote_lcap6%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 6 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) I_vote_lcap41%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) I_vote_rcap 41% 
[ 42 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) I_vote_lcap2%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) I_vote_lcap21%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 22 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) I_vote_lcap10%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 10 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) I_vote_lcap1%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) I_vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) I_vote_lcap2%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 103

Poll closed

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) Empty Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll)

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:45 pm

With an attendance of 25,311 last night, Randy may well be getting his ear bent by Tom Fox as to the impossibility of continuing with Paul Lambert in charge. Fox cannot sell Villa's awful brand of football to diehard fans, so what chance does he have of selling hugely expensive sponsorship deals to hard nosed astute businessmen? NONE!

Realistically who could Fox appoint as our next manager in order to keep us in the Premiership and get fans in through the turnstiles. It's over to you.:scratch:
villabromsgrove

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) Empty Re: Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll)

Post by Trotters Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:50 pm

It doesn't have to be a household name. Just someone who can get us playing football with purpose, style and passion again.

Look at the noses: they're loving their no-name villa fan in charge.
Trotters
Trotters

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) Empty Re: Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll)

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:17 pm

If we make survival our main criteria then I think we have to look at Tony Pulis on a two year contract. Whether he could get us playing more attractive football is open to debate.

Michael Laudrup would certainly bring more technical coaching to Villa, and if we avoid relegation this season he could build a brand of football that may well sell tickets and sponsorship. Unfortunately he's got a lucrative contract in Qatar this season, but it 's only a 12 month deal.
villabromsgrove

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:34 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:If we make survival our main criteria then I think we have to look at Tony Pulis on a two year contract. Whether he could get us playing more attractive football is open to debate.

Michael Laudrup would certainly bring more technical coaching to Villa, and if we avoid relegation this season he could build a brand of football that may well sell tickets and sponsorship. Unfortunately he's got a lucrative contract in Qatar this season, but it 's only a 12 month deal.

We can't wait 12 months, we'll be down by then.
Thinman
Thinman

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:58 pm

Thinman wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:If we make survival our main criteria then I think we have to look at Tony Pulis on a two year contract. Whether he could get us playing more attractive football is open to debate.

We can't wait 12 months, we'll be down by then.
You're right, I was saying it's only a 12 month deal because compensation would be a lot less, I wasn't suggesting waiting until the end of the season (although having reread my post that's what it sounded like Embarassed ) although he's probably being paid so much that he wouldn't think of moving to us right now.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:29 pm

Pulis would get this squad comfortably midtable. We can't look beyond that at this moment, he'd be ideal IMO I don't think we can take a gamble on someone unproven (Rowett has done well but Blues didn't have the funds or ability to get someone with a proven background)
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:46 pm

Yeah a Pulis type is what we need to guide us away from religation. In the long term we need someone to totally rebuild us from the youth teams up, is he that man?? I'm really not sure, time would tell.

Last edited by gdav on Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
gdav
gdav

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:50 pm

If anyone suggests OGS I shall give them a testy punch lol
Green Villan
Green Villan

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:37 pm

Green Villan wrote:If anyone suggests OGS I shall give them a testy punch lol

Amazing who you'd take after a truly shit manager. 🤦
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:41 pm

Short term I'd take Pulis and I stress short term, long term I'd like a big name manager that will be sufficiently funded.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:57 pm

Green Villan wrote:Short term I'd take Pulis and I stress short term, long term I'd like a big name manager that will be sufficiently funded.

In the summer when I thought we were being taken over my an American billionaire I really wanted Klinsman.
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:01 pm

Pulis for me. He'd play the best players in a formation they could cope with. Wingers would play so Grealish in. Strikers who thrive on crosses so Benteke, Kozak, Bent could be in. Midfielders allowed to make runs so Delph and Cleverley have a chance.

And his teams always put up a fight, pressed and just generally had a go.
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:55 pm

Pulis
Morgan Villa

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:22 am

If Tom Fox can sell this club to someone as "getting in on the ground floor" then I'd very much like to see a manager who is flexible in his ideas and has a Plan A, Plan B and Plan C. Someone who can look at our club and appreciate that we can play a number of different ways using the players we have.

I'd also like to see a DOF. I know it's rarely used in English football but the most successful clubs (financially and silverware) have been those with a solid long-term plan and a philosophy that runs through the whole club. To do that, you need an Alex Ferguson or an Arsene Wegner who are brilliant and who will be around for years. As there's no guarantee of that, a DOF is a better way to go.

As for who? I don't know. British managers tend to fall into three categories: Brilliant (rare), average (just about all of them), or exceedingly stupid (our manager). As such, I'd prefer to look to Spain or Germany. Maybe Belgium.

A DOF....easy. Klinsmann.

And I do think Fox can sell this club to them. If Lerner is prepared to inject some money until the sponsors come in, then the next management team have the opportunity to mould a club however they like. And become legends doing it.

No taking over a poisoned chalice like Man Utd. No having to make subtle changes. It'd be a clean canvas. And one hell of an opportunity.
Trotters
Trotters

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:46 am

Can't see Klinsmann coming to the Villa ever, I'm sure I have read somewhere that he loves living in America and it would take something really extra special to get him to stop living in the US, and to be honest, Villa just aren't that.

The aim is purely survival as it is seriously in doubt at the moment, so you need someone who has been through a relegation battle and survived, someone who knows exactly what its like, the pressure/stresss etc and has still managed to pull it off.

I still fully expect Lambert not to be sacked before the end of the season. Lerner believes in the man even when the rest of the planet doesn't
Synopsis
Synopsis

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:12 am

Klopp may be looking for a job soon?
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:53 am

Ronald Koeman, Steve McCLaren, Benitez, Pulis... Someone of that ilk
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:42 am

Ronald fucking McDonald will do for me instead of this sugarbag.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:48 am

We could do worse than Buzz light year, he will get us flying Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) 498107619
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Hall Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:14 am

Neil Lennon is another that O'Neill pulls the strings of. He must be in with a shout. The curse of O'Neill lives on.
Dave Hall
Dave Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:33 am

I do think the best answer is Pulis at the moment, stabilise the club and take us clear of the battle at the bottom up into 10th/11th/12th, which would make us more appealing to buyers. Once new owners come in, Tony leaves with his reputation enhanced again plus a handsome pay off, new owners bring in their own man, everyone wins (in an ideal world!)
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:34 am

He won't sign up for that though. Especially when he's seen Lambout get a 4 year contract for fucking everything up.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:48 am

Pulis would be ideal, he'd get us results and drag us into mid-table. He'd be perfect.

BUT he walked from Palace because he wanted to take the work he did in the 1st season, spend a little and push them up the table. He's not going to be winning the league but he does have aspirations - would be work under a Lerner regime? We might be up for sale but no buyers on the horizon right now so if he came in he would have to be willing to work under him or Lerner would have to be willing to give him something to spend
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:10 am

To be honest, who would want to come to Villa. We are damaged goods. Any manager coming to the club knows that there is no money to spend, the last 3 seasons we have been a laughing stock. If Randy want to attract anybody to the club he need to sell and feck off. The only way we are getting out of the situation we are in is to sell, but we can't sell because the situation we are in. Classic catch 22

Flogging a dead hors
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:01 am

We have to accept that no glitzy big name manager is going to come into Villa after the last few seasons, and under the Lerner ownership. We really are looking at the likes of Pulis, but if Lambert were to be sacked (which i still don't see) then we could do worse than McLaren. A number of years ago we'd have been up in arms at the prospect of McLaren, but we have dropped off the scale this last 3-4 years. Under the present "guidance" and ownership a McLaren type is the best we could realistically hope for. And i have to say that in my mind McLaren is probably a huge improvement on Lambert.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum