The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll)

+61
Heisenberg
Withes Sweatbands
robinsonvil81
Chicken
GodzoneVilla
FoxyAV
ember
ViewFromT2
Sky
avfcjoe
chrisw1
Jae1411
viva_la_amo
Sean
Mooseman
bakerbob
ejs1111
Dgrizzle7
Leafs1201
Saunders82
plastic
DaveAV1
avfc85
thinlizzy
VillaBill
KMitch
achilles
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
VTID85
Mazrim
holtehero
Dions_Bald_Head
UnclePanda
Dek of Villa
Nix999
Desperate Villan
lukevilla
De Kuip
CoE82
villashrew
London Villa
Cha Ching
kimbo
GadgetMan
Morpheus
Dazzle
thegaffer6
Dave Hall
jeffvilla
NARLA24
The Utterer
South London Villan
Synopsis
Morgan Villa
mefromhere
Green Villan
gdav
Villa_Dan
Thinman
Trotters
villabromsgrove
65 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Who do you want as our New Manager?

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 I_vote_lcap17%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 17 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 I_vote_lcap6%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 6 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 I_vote_lcap41%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 41% 
[ 42 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 I_vote_lcap2%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 I_vote_lcap21%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 22 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 I_vote_lcap10%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 10 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 I_vote_lcap1%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 I_vote_lcap2%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 103

Poll closed

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 Empty Re: Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll)

Post by Guest Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:31 am

jeffvilla wrote:Don't want Benty back, not with Sinclair's  Mrs is Helen Flanagan. Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 1815562058 Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 1815562058 Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 1815562058 Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 1815562058 Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 1815562058

ha ha love it

Back to top Go down

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 Empty Re: Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll)

Post by Guest Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:34 am

Trotters wrote:

LMA STATEMENT ON BEHALF OF PAUL LAMBERT

I am extremely proud to have managed Aston Villa, a founder member of the Football League, and this sentiment will always remain with me.

My initial remit was to conduct a massive overhaul of the playing squad, lower the overall wage structure of the playing staff and achieve this whilst keeping the club in the Barclays Premier League.

There was also a concerted effort to purchase and develop younger players who would provide a solid footing for the football club to move forward and enhance the value of the playing squad in the future.

When I came on board the club's owner, Randy Lerner, warned me that I was embarking on the toughest challenge of my working life and he was not wrong.

But I have never stepped away from hard work and I put my heart and soul into the job from my first day until my last.

There are many people throughout my time at Aston Villa to whom I owe a great debt of gratitude.

Firstly, I'd like to thank Randy Lerner for not only providing me with the opportunity to manage one of the most illustrious clubs in world football but also for the support and friendship he offered me throughout my time at the club.

I'd also like to place on record my appreciation to Paul Faulkner who conducted affairs at the club with unstinting integrity and constant dignity during his tenure as Chief Executive.

I leave behind some wonderful people at both Bodymoor Heath and Villa Park and express my gratitude for their dedication and loyalty. A special mention must also go to my coaching staff for their commitment.

To the players, my sincere thanks to each and every one of them. They are a fantastic group of players and I wish them every success for the rest of their playing careers. I hope to see many of them achieve great things in the game.

Finally, I pay tribute to the supporters who are among the most passionate I have ever encountered. They rightly hold huge expectations for their beloved football club and I sincerely hope they are rewarded with the success they deserve.

I completely understand their frustrations and always shared their view that the football club is too big not to be competing at the top end of the table. I hope that can happen.

You never stop learning in football management and I certainly believe the invaluable experience from my time as Villa manager will prove hugely beneficial in the next stage of my managerial career.

Paul Lambert

fair play paul, he could of taken swipes at lerner and us fans but didn't. best of luck lambo but please don't come back.

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:39 am

Trotters wrote:

I am extremely proud to have managed Aston Villa, a founder member of the Football League, and this sentiment will always remain with me.

My initial remit was to conduct a massive overhaul of the playing squad, lower the overall wage structure of the playing staff and achieve this whilst keeping the club in the Barclays Premier League.

There was also a concerted effort to purchase and develop younger players who would provide a solid footing for the football club to move forward and enhance the value of the playing squad in the future.

When I came on board the club's owner, Randy Lerner, warned me that I was embarking on the toughest challenge of my working life and he was not wrong.

But I have never stepped away from hard work and I put my heart and soul into the job from my first day until my last.

There are many people throughout my time at Aston Villa to whom I owe a great debt of gratitude.

Firstly, I'd like to thank Randy Lerner for not only providing me with the opportunity to manage one of the most illustrious clubs in world football but also for the support and friendship he offered me throughout my time at the club.

I'd also like to place on record my appreciation to Paul Faulkner who conducted affairs at the club with unstinting integrity and constant dignity during his tenure as Chief Executive.

I leave behind some wonderful people at both Bodymoor Heath and Villa Park and express my gratitude for their dedication and loyalty. A special mention must also go to my coaching staff for their commitment.

To the players, my sincere thanks to each and every one of them. They are a fantastic group of players and I wish them every success for the rest of their playing careers. I hope to see many of them achieve great things in the game.

Finally, I pay tribute to the supporters who are among the most passionate I have ever encountered. They rightly hold huge expectations for their beloved football club and I sincerely hope they are rewarded with the success they deserve.

I completely understand their frustrations and always shared their view that the football club is too big not to be competing at the top end of the table. I hope that can happen.

You never stop learning in football management and I certainly believe the invaluable experience from my time as Villa manager will prove hugely beneficial in the next stage of my managerial career.

Paul Lambert

Nice and kind words. Glad he is gone, but wish him well now. All the best Paul
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:12 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Trotters wrote:

Paul Lambert

nah, fuck him & good riddance. if he thinks that he can gloss over three seasons of abject shit with a few nice platitudes, he's wrong.

In the time he has been in charge, I've smashed 1 mobile phone, kicked several items of furniture, told the missus to "fuck off and stop being so annoyingly optimistic, I support a shit team with a shit manager, cant you let me be fucking miserable in peace" (which didn't go down well). I've been laughed at by noses, pointed and laughed at by Chelsea fans, I've thrown the tv remote 17 times, slammed my laptop lid down and broke the hinge 1 time, scared the shit out of the dogs by shouting on numerous occasions, had 37 hangovers that I wouldn't have had, failed to point out to my Chelsea-supporting 11 year old even one reason why he should support Villa instead on 168 different occasions and  not been to VP for over a season, something I'd never ever thought would happen.

So, no, I'm not going to be magnanimous just because he's written a flowery farewell, I'm still too full of bile, the memory is still too raw, this is an acrimonious divorce and he's not going to get access to the kids.Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 1375627042 Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 1375627042 Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 1375627042
De Kuip
De Kuip

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:19 pm

De Kuip wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
Trotters wrote:

Paul Lambert

nah, fuck him & good riddance. if he thinks that he can gloss over three seasons of abject shit with a few nice platitudes, he's wrong.

In the time he has been in charge, I've smashed 1 mobile phone, kicked several items of furniture, told the missus to "fuck off and stop being so annoyingly optimistic, I support a shit team with a shit manager, cant you let me be fucking miserable in peace" (which didn't go down well). I've been laughed at by noses, pointed and laughed at by Chelsea fans, I've thrown the tv remote 17 times, slammed my laptop lid down and broke the hinge 1 time, scared the shit out of the dogs by shouting on numerous occasions, had 37 hangovers that I wouldn't have had, failed to point out to my Chelsea-supporting 11 year old even one reason why he should support Villa instead on 168 different occasions and  not been to VP for over a season, something I'd never ever thought would happen.

So, no, I'm not going to be magnanimous just because he's written a flowery farewell, I'm still too full of bile, the memory is still too raw, this is an acrimonious divorce and he's not going to get access to the kids.Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 1375627042 Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 1375627042 Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 1375627042

foking hell, farewell paul! Scarf Waving

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:26 pm

Morgan Villa wrote:Hoddle as a DOF with Sherwood as manager. In Lerners eyes Sherwoods work with the youth and his belief in working with all players at all levels of the club will be a dream come true for him.  I could be wrong but Lerner takes on managers with his own ideas of where the club should go.

Houlllier - Last attempt at Europe
McCleish - Buying frees and loans shifting the deadwood left by MON and Houllier
Lambert - Cutting the wage bill dramatically trying to hold onto Permier league status with a view to buuying in the odd gem.

All of these managers have shown what Lerner wants and where he wants Villa to go.  I think the next manager will be an ambitious choice through his eyes but probably not the fans.  

If he is selling the club he will want someone with a big name or someone with a reputation in the game and i think Hoddle and Sherwood tick both boxes in his mind.  If it is not these two i expect a big name too be taken on

Could definitely go with this, as long as Hoddle isn't the manager!

It certainly has possible potential and raises the bar in my eyes!
achilles
achilles

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:35 pm

We really must be realistic at this point in time, the main and only thing the new manager must be concerned with is avoiding relegation, when that is achieved perhaps a more rational approach may be made.

This is not the time for a more expansive view but a very blinkered view!
achilles
achilles

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:47 pm

De Kuip wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
Trotters wrote:

Paul Lambert

Thats more like it im with you mate, thank f**k his gone feels like a new signing. hahaha Scarf Waving
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:52 pm

Would anyone fancy us trying to get Capello out of the Russia job? I don't think he's overly liked by the Ruskies and his club management record is pretty bloody solid.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:55 pm

Dgrizzle7 wrote:
De Kuip wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
Trotters wrote:

Paul Lambert

Thats more like it im with you mate, thank f**k his gone feels like a new signing. hahaha Scarf Waving

Definitely Dg7, and although amidst the euphoria of last night i said anyone will do better (and I do believe that) something in me worries a lot that we may get Sherwood - I really do not want him.

Someone on the BBC football site said "Brian Little's only 61 and lives at Stafford, why not him?"

Jesus Christ, if that's the new criteria, then my gran lives on the Tyburn road, even with her mobility scooter, she'd be at VP before Brian Little, why not give her a chance? Oh, and yes, she would still do a better job than Lambert - she'd have a plan B/C/D/E the crafty old bugger, nothing gets past her.............
De Kuip
De Kuip

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:01 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Would anyone fancy us trying to get Capello out of the Russia job? I don't think he's overly liked by the Ruskies and his club management record is pretty bloody solid.

it's an interesting call Dan - do you think he's the "rally round the flag lads" type that we'll need for the last 13 games? Longer term I wouldn't be offended, but could he cut it from now until may (would he even be free right away?).

interesting one though, not one I'd thought about until you mentioned it.

UTV
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:06 pm

Regardless of day-today coaching & managerial skills, if we're looking for someone to come in with a motivating aura it'll have to be someone like Klinnsman. I do believe that Lambert had to go but we're looking at a big, not to mention expensive, ask here.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:08 pm

De Kuip wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:Would anyone fancy us trying to get Capello out of the Russia job? I don't think he's overly liked by the Ruskies and his club management record is pretty bloody solid.

it's an interesting call Dan - do you think he's the "rally round the flag lads" type that we'll need for the last 13 games? Longer term I wouldn't be offended, but could he cut it from now until may (would he even be free right away?).

UTV

One of the reasons he wasn't loved in the England camp was he is a big disciplinarian which just doesn't fit with international management when you see the players together once every 3 months. I think he'd get them focused and delivering.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:21 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
De Kuip wrote:

UTV

One of the reasons he wasn't loved in the England camp was he is a big disciplinarian which just doesn't fit with international management when you see the players together once every 3 months. I think he'd get them focused and delivering.

Thats a good shout, if he was available, as the players need some organisation and discipline down there!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:44 pm

Sacked by phone? Now we know why Fox wasn't mentioned in the statement.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:45 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Sacked by phone? Now we know why Fox wasn't mentioned in the statement.

exactly what I thought, randy should of done the sacking anyway, he gave him the new contract after all!

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:25 pm

De Kuip wrote:
Dgrizzle7 wrote:
De Kuip wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
Trotters wrote:

Paul Lambert

Definitely Dg7, and although amidst the euphoria of last night i said anyone will do better (and I do believe that) something in me worries a lot that we may get Sherwood - I really do not want him.

Someone on the BBC football site said "Brian Little's only 61 and lives at Stafford, why not him?"

Jesus Christ, if that's the new criteria, then my gran lives on the Tyburn road, even with her mobility scooter, she'd be at VP before Brian Little, why not give her a chance? Oh, and yes, she would still do a better job than Lambert - she'd have a plan B/C/D/E the crafty old bugger, nothing gets past her.............
I live pretty near your gran, if I pop round and say you sent me, will she give me cake and stuff? Grandparents are good for that.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by ejs1111 Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:28 pm

I voted for none of the above.

That said- I am glad PL is no longer here.
Scarf Waving
ejs1111
ejs1111

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by bakerbob Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:33 pm

bakerbob

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:35 pm

achilles wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
De Kuip wrote:

UTV

Thats a good shout, if he was available, as the players need some organisation and discipline down there!

Apparently the Russian Arsenal investor paid his backdated wages this month because the Russian FA hadn't paid him since July.
Makes you wonder what the World Cup will be like out there if they can't pay the National Team Manager.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:38 pm

Goodbye Paul at last. You outstayed your welcome by at least a full season, and while you're obviously a decent person, you're also a very limited manager. I'll credit you for putting the hours in and for signing a couple of decent players, but i'm going to try and forget about the rest of your contribution to AVFC for the sake of my stress levels.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by ejs1111 Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:38 pm

I've read many good things about the Arsene protege Garde... the one who was successful at Lyon recently. Turned down Newcastle right? Maybe he was holding out for Villa!
He also worked as an assistant under Houllier.

DoF... Houllier
Manager... Garde

Scarf Waving
ejs1111
ejs1111

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:40 pm

You know, the more I think about it, the more we need someone who can come into the job with the following qualities:

Absolute self belief
Can keep a tight team and guarantee loyalty
Can accept people who are dim as fuck in the team and not be biased against them because of that fact
Is talented
Has a proven track record in media or public relations
Isn't scared of a fight

I've fed these criteria into the De Kuip "Manager-o-matic" and after a series of complicated algorithymical permutations, accompanied by a rather impressive whirring sound (a bit like the computer at the start of Joe 90), it's come up with this:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 8 Anchorman_ron_burgundy

Ron Burgundy eh, I didn't see that one coming.

Should be a shoe-in with Foxy & Randy as he's a fellow septic.

Job done, we can all relax.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:44 pm

kimbo wrote:
De Kuip wrote:
Dgrizzle7 wrote:
De Kuip wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
Trotters wrote:

Paul Lambert

I live pretty near your gran, if I pop round and say you sent me, will she give me cake and stuff? Grandparents are good for that.

No, good God, don't do that Kimbo, she's as mad as a March hare - she's likely to have at you with a coal scuttle. totally bonkers - exactly why i thought of her for the Villa job.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:45 pm

kimbo wrote:
De Kuip wrote:
Dgrizzle7 wrote:
De Kuip wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
Trotters wrote:

Paul Lambert

Think the pressure would be too much for Sherwood ok winning games at the top of the league, but at the bottom is another kettle of fish.

I personally think we need a real tactician, someone with huge balls, prepared to bring someone off after 20 mins if the game plan doesn't work to get the job done.

I'd Like Rafa we live in hope. Scarf Waving
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next