The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+88
Trentvilla
Sutherland
Poseidon
Tomy-Flemba
Coseley Villa
DaveAV1
KMitch
switters
Sky
LVBrit
gaffer85
AVit
Superfowler07
Malandro
Suits
Mr Beast
stewiek
Steveallen79
villashrew
omariqy
tidders
supermon
Jim
Andyh
Trezzy
tbarrules
DelboyVilla
Kaz
pablo23uk
davevilla
clarryblue
jd
Morgan Villa
gdav
Southern Villan
ejs1111
R1chuk
Villarocks666
CoE82
Olof Mellberg
danclare82
chrisw1
Villa_Dan
Saunders
jvilla
Synopsis
B62 Villa
Dazzle
DN1982
banneruk
ember
Green Villan
Chrissylee1111
De Kuip
The Utterer
Mr T
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
roba19
Alpe_DHuez
George
RoyRace
bazzah
Heisenberg
TheLeftSide
Mazrim
CTVillan
VillaBill
andrew24561
Keyser Soze
heystally!
Wriggle
viva_la_amo
GadgetMan
UnclePanda
Dions_Bald_Head
villabromsgrove
Morpheus
Kakacroom
DR Peters
pcfbavfcoman
Trotters
kimbo
StevieAVFC14
My Old Man
River
HarryAVFC
GodzoneVilla
lukevilla
92 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by HarryAVFC Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:49 pm

Yep, like Newcastle and home.

When we play away, and the top teams at home, we can play like we did yesterday. The problem comes when teams like orient, Newcastle, etc play us at VP and it's on us to break them down and not counter. We do lack a bit of quality creative players to break through teams who are well organized. this is where we need cole in the number 10 role, Grealish and Zoggy on the wings. Thing is, Lamberk will never drop Gabby and Wiemann for any game and they just aren't the type of players who will create things against a team with body's behind the ball
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by bazzah Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:54 pm

I still wonder what the real reasons were for the bomb squad - cutting costs the obvious one... Did their contracts have appearance bonus clauses? Was it a strategy to try and put them in a shop window to move them on? I guess we'll never know - until Lambert writes a book!? I do wonder also how we would have done over the past few seasons had Lambert been allowed to consider players from the bomb squad for selection? If it was something contractual and the plan was to avoid bonus payments/additional wages being paid to these players, or any reason that was a decision taken out of lamberts hands for that matter, then I can only sympathise with Lambert. I think the decisions made to keep and reintegrate Hutton, Given, Zoggy and Bent are good managerial decisions that have so far paid off. On the point regarding allowing these players to be part of the group again, and if the reason for bombing them out was contractual, then what has changed? Cast your minds back to when karsa/culverhouse, Given was number 2, rumours that a takeover was in the offing if and when we were safe. Then over the summer, we were told that they were back for selection - why??? - the question still remains unanswered.... I'm sure this has been discussed on this thread in the past, but still think that the reasons behind the reintegration of the bomb squad hold key clues regarding whether a deal is under consideration/on the table/nowhere in sight. One thing I am certain of is that Lambert deserves some credit for our fine start. For all that has been said about keano's influence, Lambert has never completely shunned Hutton, Zoggy, Given, Bent. He has always said and been quoted that he's "never had an issue" with these players. He's handled the situation well and its kept the door ajar for these players, and in the case of Hutton and Zog, has provided balance, competition for places and experience to the squad. They've effectively been like new signings. Anyway, whatever the reasons for the bomb squad were and whether a takeover is close or not, may this renewed belief and optimism continue, and once benteke is back and we have presence at the top of the pitch and we can be a ball playing team with good possession and retention (provided by delph, Westwood, cleverley, Sanchez - and I think a diamond of these 4 is what will eventually be deployed), I hope Lambert can show that, like the teams belief, his tactical nous and knowledge has also grown and developed. As we know, home form will be proof in the pudding - starting against Arsenal. (Anyone remember the last time we won 3 consecutive games?)
bazzah

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:15 pm

Bazaar the last time we won 3 consecutive games wasn't, Queen Victoria on the throne? Lol Dare we dream ?
andrew24561
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:28 pm

andrew24561 wrote:Bazaar the last time we won 3 consecutive games wasn't, Queen Victoria on the throne?  Lol Dare we dream ?
It's weird to think that when Aston Villa were at their most successful, Queen Victoria was indeed still on the throne! I wonder whether she was a supporter?
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:36 pm

Why not ,would figure why Wills is a Villa fan, clearly runs in the family !!!
andrew24561
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:41 pm

andrew24561 wrote:Why not ,would figure why Wills is a Villa fan, clearly runs in the family
If she were alive today she would send a terse message to Lerner saying "We are not amused, except for the last four matches", One must get behind One's team.
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:00 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
andrew24561 wrote:Bazaar the last time we won 3 consecutive games wasn't, Queen Victoria on the throne?  Lol Dare we dream ?
It's weird to think that when Aston Villa were at their most successful, Queen Victoria was indeed still on the throne! I wonder whether she was a supporter?

She still looked quite young 81/82 :shock:
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by heystally! Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:11 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:
heystally! wrote:We still play shit football under Lambert though. Yes we've managed to get three wins and a draw, three clean sheets and an away win at Anfield. But we haven't done it pretty.

It's nice to have some fight about us this year, but the cynic in me would say that Keane is the difference. No Keane, no fight. Now we do.

Some fans never...ever...fail to both amuse or surprise me........you don't even realise what a prat you sound....FFS....LOL

:wanker:

In what way does this make me a prat? Are you satisfied with the style of football we've witnessed under Lambert for the past two years?

Points are great and I'd take staying up over style, but if we're now beyond being a relegation side then we can't just become the next Stoke or West Ham.
heystally!

http://aviewfromtheholteend.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:23 pm

Aside from the first half against Hull, it's not been pretty. We had 25% possession against Liverpool (and given it was 50/50ish in the first half, the second half stats don't bear looking at). How many shots at goal?

Yes, cracking start as regards points. But they've been all-hands-to-the-pumps results. That says to me that the team spirit Is right; that the will to win is right; that Keane has influenced the team mentality in a massive way.  But we are a long long way from consistent liquid football.

A few good results doesn't get Lambert a free pass in my book. No way. He's still a long long way from being considered anywhere near a good manager given the results of the last few seasons (and the cup exit already).

Besides, I do believe there's a debate to be had over who exactly is in control of this team right now. Looking at their determination, Senderos targeting Balotelli to mentally rock his boat and the attitude of the players we've seen at the final whistle, this has Roy Keane written all over it. And, whilst he's doing a good job of un-Lambert'ing this team, there's still a long way to go.

Feel free to throw the "wanker" emoticon at me.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:26 pm

Trotters wrote:Aside from the first half against Hull, it's not been pretty. We had 25% possession against Liverpool (and given it was 50/50ish in the first half, the second half stats don't bear looking at). How many shots at goal?

Yes, cracking start as regards points. But they've been all-hands-to-the-pumps results. That says to me that the team spirit Is right; that the will to win is right; that Keane has influenced the team mentality in a massive way.  But we are a long long way from consistent liquid football.

A few good results doesn't get Lambert a free pass in my book. No way. He's still a long long way from being considered anywhere near a good manager given the results of the last few seasons (and the cup exit already).

Besides, I do believe there's a debate to be had over who exactly is in control of this team right now. Looking at their determination, Senderos targeting Balotelli to mentally rock his boat and the attitude of the players we've seen at the final whistle, this has Roy Keane written all over it. And, whilst he's doing a good job of un-Lambert'ing this team, there's still a long way to go.

As usual, we are in agreement.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyRace Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:42 pm

Seeing a lot on here and on twitter about the upturn in our fortunes being down to Keane.

Two questions:-

Who brought Keane in and if we start to lose again will that be Keane's fault or Lamberts?

As I've said before I'm not for or against Lambert but I think to give credit to Keane for the change, is a little harsh on the man who brought him in.
RoyRace
RoyRace

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:47 pm

Trotters wrote:Aside from the first half against Hull, it's not been pretty. We had 25% possession against Liverpool (and given it was 50/50ish in the first half, the second half stats don't bear looking at). How many shots at goal?

You bloddy :wanker: Wink

lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by DR Peters Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:53 pm

Trotters wrote:
DR Peters wrote:I would not be surprised if the reason its taking so long to cross the i's and dot the t's is that the new owners have had lawyers crawling all over FFP to figure out the legallity of it and if it stand up in court - which I don't see how it can as its both anti competitive and restriction of trade.

On a non take over note (sorry) I am starting to think Roy Keane has had a bigger impact on the players than he is being given credit for. Our midfield and defence look solid and organised, the players seem to know what is expected of them and they no linger look terrified to have the ball.

Happy birthday for later in the week, mate!

We were discussing yesterday about delays in the takeover and wonder if Lerner is playing hardball over certain terms and conditions. Maybe something like the Doug Ellis stand not being renamed whilst the old fella is still gracing us with his presence; minimum investment spend; Lambert/Keane's future. Who knows?

And, yes, Keane's fingerprints are all over this start to the season. No clearer evidence than Senderboss kicking lumps out of Balotelli and putting his head right out of the game.

Thanks mate, the weekend win has made being another year older more bearable Very Happy

I don't know who is pulling the strings but we look a different team in regards to attitude and organisation. It will be interesting to see what happens once we go behind in a game and tactical changes need to be made
DR Peters

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:57 pm

I think Keane has fired the players up more but I still worry about us at VP tactically

Newcastle and Orient were the same old typical Lamberk displays of old. Clueless
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:12 am

RoyRace wrote:Seeing a lot on here and on twitter about the upturn in our fortunes being down to Keane.

Who brought Keane in and if we start to lose again will that be Keane's fault or Lamberts?

As I've said before I'm not for or against Lambert but I think to give credit to Keane for the change, is a little harsh on the man who brought him in.

The tactics and system are all Lambert. The desire and hard work is Keane.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:19 am

HarryAVFC wrote:I think Keane has fired the players up more but I still worry about us at VP tactically

Newcastle and Orient were the same old typical Lamberk displays of old. Clueless  

I think we now have the players to do that, and like i said earlier,its just a case of putting the right shapes into the right holes. I do not see us going gung ho over the next few games, in fact it will be more of the same. I have no problem with that due to the quality of the teams, however i can see us being more deft in our play against the other teams at Villa Park. We did see a bit of that against Hull and it will improve.

My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyRace Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:28 am

My Old Man wrote:
RoyRace wrote:Seeing a lot on here and on twitter about the upturn in our fortunes being down to Keane.

That doesn't answer either of my questions though does it? Wink
RoyRace
RoyRace

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:35 am

RoyRace wrote:
My Old Man wrote:

That doesn't answer either of my questions though does it? Wink

I agree with what you said, so not for me to answer the questions. Im not Lamberts biggest fan, but i will give credit where credit is due, and besides some fine tuning and Orient, he is doing OK.

Did i hear the fans singing Lamberts claret and blue army yesterday?

He must be doing something right then 8)
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by George Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:32 am

Getting it right at the back sets up the foundation for creativity.

If we continue to be solid in defence confidence will spread through the team knowing that we wont get punished every time we commit players forward.

Hopefully this is what we will see unfold...but whatever happens it's fantastic seeing the commitment and hunger back, my feeling is that this has RK written all over it.

The number 2 role probably suits him a lot better than being manager at this point in time - can fully focus on the tactics and motivation. But a big slice of credit has to be given to the man who brought him in too.
George
George

http://www.streetart.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpe_DHuez Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:31 am

Lambert deserves praise for the start to the season and for the job he did on Gerrard against pool. Richardson and then Gabby marked him out of the game and essentially shut down liverpool at their own backline.

I suspect now the team has matured (with the help of Keane) that we can see some of the tactical nous that made Lambert such an attractive proposition to us when he originally joined. At least i hope so.
Alpe_DHuez
Alpe_DHuez

Back to top Go down

Post by roba19 Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:43 am

Can't seem to keep this thread on track folks. Keane, Lambert, tactics ... erm takeover anyone? Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 50815218
roba19

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:55 am

I'm enjoying the moment but not getting carried away. We all know how fast things can change. The most important thing is we have got more than a quarter of last seasons point after 4 games.
viva_la_amo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul mcgrath(GOD) Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:00 am

Any news PDC???
Paul mcgrath(GOD)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr T Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:15 am

Any news on tom fox???????????????
Mr T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:20 am

wheres all the gabby haters this morning ? Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 1420239857 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 1420239857 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 1420239857 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 1420239857

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next