The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aleksandar Tonev

+17
Ghost of Pongo Waring
Frank Leigh
heystally!
ejs1111
gdav
WendyOz
mickeywya
Green Villan
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
GodzoneVilla
Trotters
VTID85
thegaffer6
My Old Man
lukevilla
River
Villa_Dan
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Aleksandar Tonev - Page 2 Empty Re: Aleksandar Tonev

Post by ejs1111 Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:53 pm

If that is truly the term used (black c**t)...  then Western Europe is beyond saving.  The word burners have taken over.  
That is one of the weakest, softest, most comical attempts at saying something racist I've ever seen.  I'd equate that term to a man slapping another man on the shoulder like a girl and calling him a big fat meanie.  Hilarious.

AND the fact that a professional footy player, someone who is paid large sums of money to play a GAME, is so upset about a spoken word that he feels it necessary to go crying and complaining to his captain and the referee is embarrassing...  hey Shay Logan- take off your skirt and play some football... you f*cking sissy...  why not just dominate him in the game and make Tonev eat his own words?  Nope...  instead i'm going to complain and cry foul.  Weak minded fools.  
Now am I a racist for calling him a skirt wearing sissy??  Of course not.  I don't give 2 shits what color his skin is.  But if I said BLACK skirt wearing sissy...  now all of the sudden that is racist, right?  Completely ridiculous.

THEN the fact that there are actual laws over there that can get Tonev in trouble for shouting something during a sporting event is beyond ridiculous.  Aleksandar Tonev - Page 2 1558371468

Lets be honest here... The only reason the term 'black c**t' is being touted as racist is because the man speaking it is white.  If Bacuna called this guy a black c**t, would this even be deemed racist??  We all know the answer is no.  

I'm a caucasian male.  If I called another caucasian a 'white c**t'...  is that racist?  Not a chance... its just me insulting another human being.

Rant over...  sorry everyone- this kind of weak minded stuff really gets my blood pressure up.  

UTV!  Can't wait to watch the game Saturday  Scarf Waving
ejs1111
ejs1111

Aleksandar Tonev - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:45 pm

Sorry EJS but if you feel the need to bring colour into it then it is a racist issue. And over here there have been cases of black people being done for making racist comments to other black people.

I hate people throwing out the race card, but in instances like this it is racism and if you can't see that then I fear for America (that said, America is steeped in racism from what I've seen, but I refuse to get into that debate here)
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Aleksandar Tonev - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ejs1111 Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:27 am

Fair enough. Agree to disagree

At least we both agree about Aston Villa!!! UTV!!!

Scarf Waving
ejs1111
ejs1111

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:49 pm

It's not a case of agree to disagree, your argument is poorly constructed and typical of the "it's PC gone mad" mob.
VTID85

Aleksandar Tonev - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by heystally! Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:15 pm

ejs1111 wrote:Lets be honest here... The only reason the term 'black c**t' is being touted as racist is because the man speaking it is white.  If Bacuna called this guy a black c**t, would this even be deemed racist??  We all know the answer is no.  

I'm a caucasian male.  If I called another caucasian a 'white c**t'...  is that racist?  Not a chance... its just me insulting another human being.

In fact, all of those are instances of racism.

One white guy calling another white guy "a white sugarbag", or similar if it was a black guy calling a black guy "a black sugarbag" never gets reported as racism because they are the same race. Rarely happens as racists tend to hate other races, but these examples still damage race relations.

It would be more worrying to let incidents like this drop without charge. It's easy from a white perspective to say "it's nothing, he's barely said anything" but remember that white people have pretty much ruled the planet for the last 500 years, during which time racism has been not only acceptable but heavily promoted. So it might be a good idea now that tolerance is more widely accepted by people that we continue to promote equality at all levels of society, no matter how small the issue may be perceived to be.

Here's an example. I work as a teacher in a very diverse school. If a black student in my class made a mistake, would it be acceptable to say "you stupid black girl"?

*for the safety of children, the word sugarbag has been replaced by the word sugarbag.
heystally!

http://aviewfromtheholteend.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:24 pm

heystally! wrote:
ejs1111 wrote:Lets be honest here... The only reason the term 'black c**t' is being touted as racist is because the man speaking it is white.  If Bacuna called this guy a black c**t, would this even be deemed racist??  We all know the answer is no.  

In fact, all of those are instances of racism.

One white guy calling another white guy "a white sugarbag", or similar if it was a black guy calling a black guy "a black sugarbag" never gets reported as racism because they are the same race. Rarely happens as racists tend to hate other races, but these examples still damage race relations.

It would be more worrying to let incidents like this drop without charge. It's easy from a white perspective to say "it's nothing, he's barely said anything" but remember that white people have pretty much ruled the planet for the last 500 years, during which time racism has been not only acceptable but heavily promoted. So it might be a good idea now that tolerance is more widely accepted by people that we continue to promote equality at all levels of society, no matter how small the issue may be perceived to be.

Here's an example. I work as a teacher in a very diverse school. If a black student in my class made a mistake, would it be acceptable to say "you stupid black girl"?

*for the safety of children, the word sugarbag has been replaced by the word sugarbag.

Can't disagree with anything here. That said, why would I? It's supporting my point :p
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Leigh Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:35 am

I saw this just appear on Twitter so logged on to see if it was right.
Do you have Moderators anymore?
Reading back this thread just shows an ignorance beyond all reason. There is no excuse.
Frank Leigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:55 am

Frank Leigh wrote:I saw this just appear on Twitter so logged on to see if it was right.
Do you have Moderators anymore?
Reading back this thread just shows an ignorance beyond all reason. There is no excuse.

Unfortunately frank I have suffered a recent family bereavement and have a few problems to sort , Theego is unwell and vb tied up on family business so we have struggled the last couple of weeks - hence the appointment of mazrim and kimbo to the mods team last night .

The comments you mention are extremely regrettable and once pointed out to me I deleted the post - sorry for the delay .
Nice to see you back frank.

The user has been banned as a result of the comments after a mods meeting .

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Leigh Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:04 pm

Thank you. Glad to see something has been done.
Frank Leigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost of Pongo Waring Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:23 pm

Thanks Eastie.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you get everything sorted out as easily as possible.
Ghost of Pongo Waring

Back to top Go down

Post by Sensitive Sid Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:49 pm

Looking back through earlier posts, it seems that My Old Man was almost praised for his verbal assault on Lambert a few weeks ago. Now it is clear that he was a loose cannon and has caused this forum to come under attack.
Sensitive Sid
Sensitive Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:26 am

Sid O wrote:Looking back through earlier posts, it seems that My Old Man was almost praised for his verbal assault on Lambert a few weeks ago. Now it is clear that he was a loose cannon and has caused this forum to come under attack.

Really? And how remiss of us all not to forecast that it would come to the conclusion that it did. Personally I don't want an anodyne forum, full of good behaviour clones. If someone is edgy, fine, someone is passionate, fine, someone wants a rant at PL, still fine with me. Someone wants to personally attack someone or behave in an inappropriate way, of course not fine, but the former doesn't always lead to the latter does it?

I've seen loads of posters on forums who can be controversial, out of synch with the mainstream, very different in their ways of looking at the world, but that's never meant they are then about to get pissed and launch into a racist rant. Conversely I've seen people who seem to be no trouble at all - for whatever reasons unknown, maybe pissed, personal problems, stress, whatever - suddenly rear up and post something mental and offensive - I don't think there's a correlation in what's gone before and the point where someone does something crazy. If mods intervene too early, they are accused of being censor nazis, if they try and let things run, then yes, sometimes things like this happen.

I think the key thing is that once the shit hit the fan with MoM, they dealt with it in an appropriate and proportionate manner, which earned praise for those actions.

Maybe it's that I'm tired and it's late, but I do find your post condescending. Apols if I've read it in a different sense to which you wrote it, but it just looks that way to me.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Aleksandar Tonev - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:23 pm

7 game ban for Tonev.

His loan is only until January so we're now stuck with the racist shithouse. Hope we get rid.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:47 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:7 game ban for Tonev.

His loan is only until January so we're now stuck with the racist shithouse. Hope we get rid.
Tonev was a waste of half a decent signing. If we'd saved our money on him and sylla we might have bought one player who was good enough to play.

I have no sympathy for Tonev's use of racial abuse .... only one observation. Eastern Europe has a totally different attitude to black people. What we find intolerable in the UK is a fairly common reaction in the east of our continent.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:32 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
I have no sympathy for Tonev's use of racial abuse .... only one observation. Eastern Europe has a totally different attitude to black people. What we find intolerable in the UK is a fairly common reaction in the east of our continent.

Yeah but, to be fair, what is considered intolerable in UAE we consider fine here, you tailor your behaviour to where you live and work
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:34 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

Yeah but, to be fair, what is considered intolerable in UAE we consider fine here, you tailor your behaviour to where you live and work
You're correct of course. It wasn't a justification, just an observation.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:38 pm

Wasn't trying to say you were justifying it mate, sorry if it came across that way
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:54 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:7 game ban for Tonev.

Tonev was a waste of half a decent signing. If we'd saved our money on him and sylla we might have bought one player who was good enough to play.

That's Lambert in a nutshell. Only having a very limited budget is the excuse used by his apologists. But it's clear he bought a lot of cheap shit instead of a few half-reasonable players. Look at the left back slot and how much of the transfer kitty and wages were spent there.
Trotters
Trotters

Aleksandar Tonev - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:11 pm

Lamberts Is a pound shop manager buying cheap, hoping to get a bargain,lot of money spent on players not used,given away, were we could have bought a couple of good players.
Army villain
Army villain

Aleksandar Tonev - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2