The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aleksandar Tonev

+17
Ghost of Pongo Waring
Frank Leigh
heystally!
ejs1111
gdav
WendyOz
mickeywya
Green Villan
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
GodzoneVilla
Trotters
VTID85
thegaffer6
My Old Man
lukevilla
River
Villa_Dan
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Aleksandar Tonev Empty Aleksandar Tonev

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:19 pm

Aberdeen have reported Tonev for racial abusing one of their players.

Hope it isn't true but if it is I hope we're terminate his contract, really don't want to have any of that bullshit attached to our club. Even if he's on loan at Celtic, he's still a Villa player
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Aleksandar Tonev 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Aleksandar Tonev Empty Re: Aleksandar Tonev

Post by River Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:33 pm

He can get fucked if this is true. Shit footballer and a shit person by the sounds of it.
River
River

Aleksandar Tonev 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Im not defending him but just want to make a couple of points 1st of all hes not found guilty yet and would we want him to fuck off if it was guzan, vlaar, benteke etc?!
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:23 pm

lukevilla wrote:Im not defending him but just want to make a couple of points 1st of all hes not found guilty yet and would we want him to fuck off if it was guzan, vlaar, benteke etc?!

Hence why I said I hope it isn't true.

And yes I would! The way Liverpool and Chelsea fans and the clubs stood by Suarez and Terry was disgusting, these things are bigger than the game and I wouldn't want any such players in my team regardless of how important or good they are
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:35 pm

River wrote:He can get fucked if this is true. Shit footballer and a shit person by the sounds of it.

Hes eastern European, so unfortunately,it probably is true :evil:
My Old Man
My Old Man

Aleksandar Tonev 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:02 am

If it is true then the club should act. I'd imagine it'd be sufficient grounds for us to release him without some kind of pay-off?
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:24 am

thegaffer6 wrote:If it is true then the club should act. I'd imagine it'd be sufficient grounds for us to release him without some kind of pay-off?

I guess it depends on how serious the complaint is. At the very least, i dont think we will be seeing him for a long while. Hes let the club down and the manager whom gave him his chance. Hes also let Petrov down who was fundamental in bringing him here.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:26 am

thegaffer6 wrote:If it is true then the club should act. I'd imagine it'd be sufficient grounds for us to release him without some kind of pay-off?

Could be construed as bringing the club into disrepute which may be something one could be given the heave-ho for possibly.
VTID85

Aleksandar Tonev 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:28 am

VTID85 wrote:

Could be construed as bringing the club into disrepute which may be something one could be given the heave-ho for possibly.

Has that ever happened anywhere else though?
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:56 am

Celtic's Aleksander Tonev accused of racial slur by Aberdeen

Aleksandar Tonev _77579756_10236880

Aberdeen have accused Celtic winger Aleksander Tonev of racial abuse directed at their defender Shay Logan.

Referee Bobby Madden received the complaint which will also feature in SPFL delegate John Connelly's report.

The incident is said to have occurred early in the second half of Saturday's Premiership match at Celtic Park.

A Celtic spokesperson says they have discussed the allegation with Tonev and that the Bulgarian insists the accusation made by Logan is not true.
The Scottish Football Association expects to receive the report on Monday, as is normally the case, following which the compliance officer will decide what action it should take.

Aleksandar Tonev _77579861_10200196
Shay Logan accused Celtic's Tonev of a racial slur during Saturday's match in Glasgow

Tonev and Logan were direct opponents for much of the match which Celtic won 2-1 .

Logan spoke to the match referee during the game and also told his captain Mark Reynolds about the incident, who also had a word with Madden.

Tonev was making a belated debut for the Scottish champions having signed on loan from Aston Villa in the summer, though injury delayed his bow.

Fraser Wishart, chief executive of PFA Scotland, said it would be "inappropriate to comment at this time" because the incident could result in an investigation by the SFA.
Trotters
Trotters

Aleksandar Tonev 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:26 am

Villa_Dan wrote:
lukevilla wrote:Im not defending him but just want to make a couple of points 1st of all hes not found guilty yet and would we want him to fuck off if it was guzan, vlaar, benteke etc?!

Hence why I said I hope it isn't true.

And yes I would! The way Liverpool and Chelsea fans and the clubs stood by Suarez and Terry was disgusting, these things are bigger than the game and I wouldn't want any such players in my team regardless of how important or good they are

I agree totally Dan, It's easy to say in this case when its a 2 bit player on loan at another club. However sometime, somewhere a club and it's fans have to take a stand or the vile shit that suarez and Terry (and countless unreported others) have carried out will just get worse.
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:28 am

Indeed. A stunningly talented racist is still a racist.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathal Coughlan's Dog Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:35 am

My Old Man wrote:
River wrote:He can get fucked if this is true. Shit footballer and a shit person by the sounds of it.

Bit racist.
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
Cathal Coughlan's Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:37 pm

I'm not convinced, seems similar to the Clattenburg thing.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathal Coughlan's Dog Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:58 pm

My Old Man wrote:
Cathal Coughlan's Dog wrote:
My Old Man wrote:

Bit racist.

Haha...quite!

It just seems racism is more acceptable in eastern europe than western.  Why that is, i dont know. We cant really blame communism for it either because a lot of the atrocities carried against the Jews ect during WWII were by Eastern Europeans themselves, and in a lot of cases they did not need a lot of persuading from the Nazi's.

Anyway, fuck humans..think footy Beer

I'll drink to that. Beer
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
Cathal Coughlan's Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:57 pm

You can't blame Liverpool for not sacking Suarez. They'd of lost £70million if he had gone, and Suarez would have been free to join any team he wanted and would have received a massive signing on fee because there would have been no transfer fee for him.
mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:04 pm

People are too precious when it comes to racism, calling someone black isn't racist or offensive. Lampard didn't give a shit when everyone called him Fat Frank (he was hardly fat), Scholes always had the piss took out of him because he was ginger, and Crouch because of his height. No one says anything, but because someone refers to someones skin colour everyone jumps on the anti-racism band wagon.

If he used a derogative word then yes, throw the book at him, John Terry got off to lightly. But he hasn't, so don't punish him, just to look like your taking action against racism.

(We've all forgiven Ron Atkinson after all...)

The most racist thing thats going on in football at the moment is everyone counting the number of black managers in the game.
mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:32 pm

Except the report is Tonev called him a "black c**t"

If you don't think that's racist then I guess we'll agree to disagree
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:35 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Except the report is Tonev called him a "black c**t"

What is the evidence? Apparently Tonev and the other lad had been battling each other all game so they must of both been heated, I seen a clip of the game where the alleged incident took place and I couldn't see anything in it.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:43 am

The argument "well he IS black so, in effect, he only called him a c**t" is invalid. You don't use factual or complementary terms when verbally abusing someone. No-one says things like "you good-looking c**t" or "you well-spoken, charming c**t" when trying to insult.

Any factual terms that would normally be complementary are re-worded. Tall becomes lanky. Well groomed becomes tart.

If it is true that he's said "black c**t" then he's meant black as a derogatory term. Racist. Simple as that.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by WendyOz Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:00 am

I dunno that Tonev's English is that good. Is it? Don't think I've ever heard him speaking English. He might've said something in Bulgarian that sounded like something else, bit like the Clattenberg thing with Mikel.
WendyOz
WendyOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:32 am

Green Villan wrote:

What is the evidence? Apparently Tonev and the other lad had been battling each other all game so they must of both been heated, I seen a clip of the game where the alleged incident took place and I couldn't see anything in it.

No evidence that has been released, but that is the accusation. My point was that he didn't just "call him black" as mickeywya but used it as an insult, if true. And I really hope it's found to be false but when the player has complained mid-game to the ref and captain, and then continued his complaint after the match it tells me something has gone on beyond the norm.

Trotters wrote:

The argument "well he IS black so, in effect, he only called him a c**t" is invalid. You don't use factual or complementary terms when verbally abusing someone. No-one says things like "you good-looking c**t" or "you well-spoken, charming c**t" when trying to insult.

Any factual terms that would normally be complementary are re-worded. Tall becomes lanky. Well groomed becomes tart.

If it is true that he's said "black c**t" then he's meant black as a derogatory term. Racist. Simple as that.

Spot on, as soon as you bring race or colour into the argument then you make it a racial thing. Saying "well he IS black" is the equivalent of saying "I'm not racist, I've mates who are pakis"
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:34 am

Also, I just read that if the accusation is proven true then Celtic could terminate his loan deal immediately
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:02 pm

Tonev now been charged over racist language by sfa.

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:01 pm

I think he should probably have his contract terminated if found guilty. I think it may set the trend for such matters & it would be no great loss:
gdav
gdav

Aleksandar Tonev 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next