The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ?

+19
DaveAV1
My Old Man
Gracon73
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Morpheus
teale_4
AVit
The Utterer
holtehero
villashrew
kimbo
South London Villan
GadgetMan
Green Villan
R1chuk
Southern Villan
VillaBill
villabromsgrove
Leafs1201
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What are you thought on the new LIKE system?

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap24%Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 8

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ?

Post by Green Villan Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:43 pm

Just thought looking at your post Kimbo that maybe even with just the plus could make things look a bit clicky if you know what I mean.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ?

Post by kimbo Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:07 pm

True, true. I was more just thinking like a lazy Facebook like/Twitter favourite, it's pure laziness on my part really.
kimbo
kimbo

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:19 pm

Voted ditch it but not really that bothered either way to be honest. Have used it both pos and neg.
villashrew
villashrew

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:32 am

Thanks a lot for the input guys. Your thoughts are valued here. We'll let the vote go a little longer, however most seem to want to ditch it.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by holtehero Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:22 am

On another forum i use they have options to mark posts with the following categories: like, thanks, useful and funny

Negative rankings can often be taken personally and can cause more arguments than they are worth and its better to discuss if you disagree with someone
holtehero

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:37 am

Thanks holtehero.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:32 am

I've gone with ditch it.. afterall can't the mere action of marking a post as negative be a negative action in itself? It may even be that the reader of the post has taken it the wrong way coz they had a bad day and thus marked a perfectly neutral post as negative when in fact it wasn't meant that way at all.... then the action of wrongly marking it as negative could cause a negative reaction between posters thus putting a negative atmosphere on the site when actually there was no negativity meant in the first place. Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 2 1420239857

So i am reacting negatively to the positive, negative button..please don't mark me as a negative poster though as it wasn't meant that way i'm actually a pretty positive guy when i'm not feeling negative that is Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 2 498107619
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by AVit Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:02 am

I pay no attention to it at all so makes no difference if it is there or not to me.
I don't think I've had any negative votes* but frankly if I did, what am I supposed to do? care that someone didn't like what I said?

*cue the negative vote
AVit

Back to top Go down

Post by teale_4 Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:33 am

Voted to ditch. I quite like the idea of how it works, however for me viewing on an ipad or phone I find I accidentally press different buttons.

This may be a problem others have encountered or may be my fat fingers! Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 2 3769219917
teale_4

Back to top Go down

Post by AVit Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:31 pm

I see someone didn't disappoint  Very Happy
AVit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:31 pm

Thanks for the feedback folks - we have disabled the reputation button for likes and dislikes as we look into the possibility of a new or amended system .
Thanks to all !

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:34 pm

Eastie a simple like button to side of every post would suffice. It worked on another site that I was on which if enough likes were posted then showed a popular sign beside the post.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:35 pm

I'm leaving troy to have a look at options - it depends on the site hosts - this is a forumotion site .

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:43 pm

I love to forumotion.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit of Bosco Jankovic Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:54 pm

I didn't know it was there!!
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracon73 Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:55 pm

I voted to ditch it, being a new user and without any reputation it makes you feel a little of an outsider. It also may put people off from giving their true point of view if they are worried about getting negative feedback.

If this site is for people to express their views openly, why would you feel the need to mark them? (just a thought, not a moan).
Gracon73
Gracon73

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:57 pm

I agree , although I think we will be trialling a thumbs up button over the weekend - I think it's more a question if you like a post in particular that rather than position well said, etc you can just click a thumb .

It's hoped we will have the v sign ready in time for viva to return :)

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:08 pm

Eastie wrote:I agree , although I think we will be trialling a thumbs up button over the weekend - I think it's more a question if you like a post in particular that rather than position well said, etc you can just click a thumb .

Has he been suspended?
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:26 pm

My Old Man wrote:
Eastie wrote:I agree , although I think we will be trialling a thumbs up button over the weekend - I think it's more a question if you like a post in particular that rather than position well said, etc you can just click a thumb .

Has he been suspended?

Yep. One week ban and no access to takeover thread on his return .

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:43 pm

Eastie wrote:
My Old Man wrote:

Has he been suspended?

Yep. One week ban and no access to takeover thread on his return .

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 2 1015550615 lol!
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:50 pm

Also known as the TBAR Sin Bin, very few have visited thank goodness
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:28 pm

TheEgo wrote:Also known as the TBAR Sin Bin, very few have visited thank goodness

I'm sure viva and cgale are very happy in there together Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 2 498107619

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:01 pm

Where are these mystical pos/neg buttons?
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:02 pm

They were on the right hand side of every post but they have been removed by the site staff.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by nitrogen Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:13 pm

Good idea but the implementation is all wrong. Not wanting to "advertise" another site, but AVFC Forums has a like button, like Facebook so you can only like a post and not dislike. It then says who liked the post just like Facebook. Maybe get something like this if you can of course?
nitrogen
nitrogen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum