The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ?

+19
DaveAV1
My Old Man
Gracon73
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Morpheus
teale_4
AVit
The Utterer
holtehero
villashrew
kimbo
South London Villan
GadgetMan
Green Villan
R1chuk
Southern Villan
VillaBill
villabromsgrove
Leafs1201
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What are you thought on the new LIKE system?

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? I_vote_lcap38%Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? I_vote_lcap25%Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? I_vote_lcap13%Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? I_vote_lcap24%Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 8

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? Empty Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ?

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:47 pm

We have  had a few people not keen on the positive / negative reputation button and it seems to being misused by some - please give your opinions and vote
Should it stay or go ?

Back to top Go down

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? Empty Re: Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ?

Post by Leafs1201 Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:59 pm

It's good to let someone know that they've made a good post, although as we've seen someone may be a bit trigger happy with the negative button.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? Empty Re: Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ?

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:00 pm

Leafs1201 wrote:It's good to let someone know that they've made a good post, although as we've seen someone may be a bit trigger happy with the negative button.

We do have new thumbs up emoticons though which can be used .
In fact we have emoticons to suit most posts .

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:16 pm

I'd rather ditch it because it can be misused. If I like a post then I'll say or use an appropriate (or inappropriate) emoticon. :moon:
villabromsgrove

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:18 pm

I didn't know there was a positive/negative button ? Is that where your rep comes from ?
VillaBill
VillaBill

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Villan Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:19 pm

I've found it useful to quickly show appreciation for a post even if I don't have time to reply, for example on the commute.

Perhaps the negative side can be removed though as we don't need the bad vibes? If you don't like a negative post then time should be taken to pm or explain why in the thread even if that means finding a bit of free time later on if you are busy
Southern Villan
Southern Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:22 pm

VillaBill wrote:I didn't know there was a positive/negative button ? Is that where your rep comes from ?

Yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by R1chuk Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:36 pm

I would keep it, but can you make it so that it stays in the forum when you click it automatically.
R1chuk
R1chuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:43 pm

R1chuk wrote:I would keep it, but can you make it so that it stays in the forum when you click it automatically.

Would be nice but the hosts created the forum - that's beyond our control .

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:14 pm

Personally I'm not really a big fan of the rep' system, but I don't mind whether it stays or goes.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:24 pm

Green Villan wrote:Personally I'm not really a big fan of the rep' system, but I don't mind whether it stays or goes.

Really surprised by that as a look at your stats show you have used it on 486 occasions Wink
No, I'm not joking - we can see who has used it how many times etc - you'd be amazed .
In your case gv you are the highest user of it by a mile :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:27 pm

Eastie wrote:
Green Villan wrote:Personally I'm not really a big fan of the rep' system, but I don't mind whether it stays or goes.

Really surprised by that as a look at your stats show you have used it on 486 occasions Wink
No, I'm not joking - we can see who has used it how many times etc - you'd be amazed .

I like giving plus rep more though, like others I've hit neg by mistake a lot too but I have used neg rep and I don't really like it, if you can do away with the neg bit I think it would be more of a hit.

Oh I know you can see everything mate, I've used the very same forum software before Wink
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:31 pm

Green Villan wrote:
Eastie wrote:

I like giving plus rep more though, like others I've hit neg by mistake a lot too but I have used neg rep and I don't really like it, if you can do away with the neg bit I think it would be more of a hit.

Oh I know you can see everything mate, I've used the very same forum software before Wink

In fairness you have given 382 positives, 104 negatives .
We have a magic eye with this software that allows us to watch people when they are posting - stop that please harry , it's very rude Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? 498107619

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:33 pm

Personally I think it adds very little to the site and is open to a use abuse on the negative side.

I personally prefer to comment if someone's made a good post. I also pay little attention to any green or red next to mine and only noticed I had a 'reputation' when we started to discuss. Now I wonder why it isn't higher *huff, stamp feet etc!

I vote, just scrap it entirely and stick to a good old fashioned. "Great post" or a thumbs up etc
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:35 pm

Lmao mate you know what I mean Razz you get all the stat's and everything, you are an Administrator after all Wink

Yeah see bud out of those 104 neg votes about 40 have meant to have been positive votes. If it stays maybe remove the neg vote or have a confirmation when you hit it if possible.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:38 pm

I'd be happy to scrap it totally too - we have great emoticons available and it might encourage people to post more rather than be fearful of negative feedback .

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:40 pm

Eastie wrote:I'd be happy to scrap it totally too - we have great emoticons available and it might encourage people to post more rather than be fearful of negative feedback .

Who has final say? Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? 1015550615 lol

I don't mind scrapping but in the mean time look at some titties Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? 1815562058

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? 498107619
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:42 pm

We are discussing among mods and posters - we value opinions of posters and that's why we are involving people - at the moment posters and mods both seem heavily in favour of getting rid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:45 pm

Eastie wrote:We are discussing among mods and posters - we value opinions of posters and that's why we are involving people - at the moment posters and mods both seem heavily in favour of getting rid.

Top lads for getting the members involved :)

+1 Razz haha
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:47 pm

Members are very important to is gv - we listen and encourage people to get involved and contribute - we are not bully boys like some places - thanks for your feedback mate :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:49 pm

Are you seeing the smilies that I'm posting on your side? they're taking a while to load on my screen.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:51 pm

Green Villan wrote:Are you seeing the smilies that I'm posting on your side? they're taking a while to load on my screen.

We see everything gv - even your socks :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:54 pm

Eastie wrote:
Green Villan wrote:Are you seeing the smilies that I'm posting on your side? they're taking a while to load on my screen.

We see everything gv - even your socks :)

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? 1420239857 Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? 1420239857 Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? 1420239857
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:19 pm

I think it stifles debate. If you don't like a comment or post explain why, that is the best bit about joining a forum, the debate, challenge ideas and develop ideas.
This forum is absolutely brilliant in pooling little bits of knowledge and developing an opinion by bouncing ideas off others.
As others have said it is as close to sitting in a pub and having a laugh and discussion as you can get. The voting buttons are the wankers who have no life, listen in on other conversations not getting the whole conversation then whispering to their sad  mates about what they misinterpreted.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:22 pm

Positive is good (literally I suppose) and if there is a way of keeping that without the negative, I can see a benefit to that. If not then I'd be much more in favour of ditching it altogether, hence that being what I voted for.
kimbo
kimbo

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next