The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ?

+19
DaveAV1
My Old Man
Gracon73
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Morpheus
teale_4
AVit
The Utterer
holtehero
villashrew
kimbo
South London Villan
GadgetMan
Green Villan
R1chuk
Southern Villan
VillaBill
villabromsgrove
Leafs1201
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What are you thought on the new LIKE system?

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap38%Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap25%Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap13%Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap24%Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 8

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ?

Post by Green Villan Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:18 pm

I know that system Nitrogen I've used it on a couple of other forums, I just think the negative option is a bit counter productive as in if someone doesn't like my post I want them to tell me about it, the positive option is good because it means that people don't have to repeat what has already been said 100 times.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ?

Post by Morpheus Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:19 pm

nitrogen wrote:Good idea but the implementation is all wrong. Not wanting to "advertise" another site, but AVFC Forums has a like button, like Facebook so you can only like a post and not dislike. It then says who liked the post just like Facebook. Maybe get something like this if you can of course?
Already mentioned this nitrogen. It would be a much better addition to the site. Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 3 3769219917
Morpheus
Morpheus

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 1982AVFC Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:46 am

keep the positive ditch the negative. its nice to let someone know they made a good post. not so good when keyboard nazi's come out in force just to piss on everyone elses chips.
1982AVFC

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:58 am

Hi all,

Firstly, sorry for the glitch in the matrix for our iPad/smart-phone users yesterday.

Secondly, we've taken on board what you've said regarding the negative vote but would like to give this a go.

On the right near the "QUOTE" and "EDITOR" buttons, you can now see a green THUMBS UP icon and, if a post has already received some LIKES, a blue THUMBS UP icon. Click the green one if you want to LIKE a post, and it'll change to blue to indicate you've voted and will also refresh the number of likes.

It won't jump to that "your vote has been cast page", either.

There is no negative vote option.

Opinions please?

Last edited by Trotters on Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Trotters
Trotters

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:05 am

I'm also happy to change colours or icons to suit what people want.

The second issue is that of REPUTATION. At present, a LIKE in the Takeover thread gets you one point. In other areas of the forum a LIKE gets you three points (see, we're trying to temp to you to be adventurous!).

It's been mentioned that it may come across as something that could discourage new members as they have a zero reputation.

I'm happy to let the majority rule so have your say.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:00 am

Troy - I like the idea , regarding colours - claret and blue?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:53 am

In that case I'd say stick with the current green and blue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:55 am

Sorry Eastie. Post got deleted so it looks like you're talking to yourself.

Claret looks too close to a red negative so I've gone for Green (Go!) and blue (er...facebook) :)
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:00 am

Trotters wrote:Sorry Eastie. Post got deleted so it looks like you're talking to yourself.

Claret looks too close to a red negative so I've gone for Green (Go!) and blue (er...facebook) :)

Facebook haha - sure it's not because your seeing a blues fan and trying to keep her happy Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 3 498107619

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:17 am

Keep it, i wanted to like someones comment last night.

I accepted a longtime ago some people like what i say, some people cant stand what i say and some dont give a toss what i say. Lets not get over sensitive.
Morgan Villa

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:23 am

I didn't consider the I-don't-give-a-toss option. Laughing
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:35 am

Poll reset with new options for the new system.

Go ahead. Have your say.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:24 pm

A lot better guys. Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 3 3769219917

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:28 pm

Love it, this is bang on what I was thinking Very Happy
Green Villan
Green Villan

Quick vote - positive/ negative reputation button ? - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3