The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Transfer Deadline Day "One Thread Fits All" ***Now Open*** and closes Tuesday 2am

+104
Stripey48
bazzah
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
phil__
omariqy
AVit
tbarrules
supermon
mickeywya
Steveallen79
thinlizzy
Sean
pablo23uk
thegaffer6
UnclePanda
Nix999
De Kuip
villashrew
Poseidon
heystally!
Muzz
Dek of Villa
Macca68
Fpuppys
Jim
Jpmangel
GhostDad
flash gordon
Dazzle
USVillan
tonyp
VillaBill
Olof Mellberg
Wookster
smoke
B62 Villa
hunter007
James_Curtis
BatemansBusinessCard
rybear1988
Trezzy
Gracon73
danclare82
snitum
Heisenberg
Dotcomsimon
Dions_Bald_Head
R1chuk
Mr Beast
jamavfc1
Tomy-Flemba
KMitch
Keyser Soze
DaveAV1
Green Villan
River
Kakacroom
Mazrim
Villa jimmy
MarvelVillan
avfcjoe
viva_la_amo
South London Villan
CoE82
Jae1411
TheLeftSide
derbyvillan
My Old Man
Suits
bryanallcott1976
dawilby88
holtehero
StringGhost
Army villain
clarryblue
villapark7879
HarryAVFC
Wigteke
Misterp
switters
banneruk
kimbo
Trysullvilla
Cha Ching
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
Villa1967
Morpheus
teale_4
Leafs1201
larvin86
mrshnn
Andyh
VillaSteve77
Denis_B
Longboy
GodzoneVilla
brummieboy
SouthernVilla
Villa_Dan
villabromsgrove
gdav
lukevilla
Trotters
GadgetMan
108 posters

Page 42 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42

Go down

Transfer Deadline Day "One Thread Fits All" ***Now Open*** and closes Tuesday 2am - Page 42 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day "One Thread Fits All" ***Now Open*** and closes Tuesday 2am

Post by viva_la_amo Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:19 pm

villashrew wrote:Which is exactly the reason he needs to be gone as soon as pos.

Lerner lambert or both?
viva_la_amo

Transfer Deadline Day "One Thread Fits All" ***Now Open*** and closes Tuesday 2am - Page 42 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Transfer Deadline Day "One Thread Fits All" ***Now Open*** and closes Tuesday 2am - Page 42 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day "One Thread Fits All" ***Now Open*** and closes Tuesday 2am

Post by bazzah Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:21 pm

What's the point of having a "deadline" if deals can be done after it?  Why cant submission be given a deadline, and if ratification fails a few hours later then the deal isnt vetoed.  I bet there's a zero tolerance for most clubs and plenty of leeway given to the sky 5.

Sky 5 / redknapp w@nkf3st continues.  What will interest me is how much Welbeck goes to Arsenal for?  Will they get fleeced like Red Manc have been getting done all summer long?  Would Tom Fox have played a part in the Welbeck signing / negotiations if he was still at Arsenal I wonder?

Just to put Man Utds spending into perspective - if say they get 75 points and qualify for the champions league, that equates to around £2.25m per point!  The game has gone crazy....

Last edited by bazzah on Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
bazzah

Transfer Deadline Day "One Thread Fits All" ***Now Open*** and closes Tuesday 2am - Page 42 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:22 pm

What a day. So many posts, so much typing. A big thanks to one and all for making our deadline day thread a big success. Without our members we have nothing, so really appreciate your input and effort into making this a fun forum to post on. Scarf Waving Transfer Deadline Day "One Thread Fits All" ***Now Open*** and closes Tuesday 2am - Page 42 3769219917 Transfer Deadline Day "One Thread Fits All" ***Now Open*** and closes Tuesday 2am - Page 42 1956653425

As for villa. Meh!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Transfer Deadline Day "One Thread Fits All" ***Now Open*** and closes Tuesday 2am - Page 42 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:22 pm

And if they don't make top 4 they are in big trouble...
viva_la_amo

Transfer Deadline Day "One Thread Fits All" ***Now Open*** and closes Tuesday 2am - Page 42 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:24 pm

TheEgo wrote:What a day. So many posts, so much typing. A big thanks to one and all for making our deadline day thread a big success. Without our members we have nothing, so really appreciate your input and effort into making this a fun forum to post on. Scarf Waving Transfer Deadline Day "One Thread Fits All" ***Now Open*** and closes Tuesday 2am - Page 42 3769219917 Transfer Deadline Day "One Thread Fits All" ***Now Open*** and closes Tuesday 2am - Page 42 1956653425

As for villa. Meh!

No worries mate, anything for you Wink
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:26 pm

viva_la_amo wrote:
villashrew wrote:Which is exactly the reason he needs to be gone as soon as pos.

Lerner lambert or both?

Lerner, as I lay all blame in his shoes for this windows debacle. I am of the same thinking as VB with regards to the initial plan of free signings on cheap wages. Something changed around the Cissoko signing time but sadly I think Lambert then had no plan 'B' so to speak other than Cleverley. He may of had other targets earmarked but I just can't see it at all as every other team has addressed positions they felt they needed such as QPR, Hull, Palace etc. Without spending fortunes.
If I am honest there is no point in getting rid of Lambert now until if and when it all starts to go a bit pear shaped before Christmas.
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:28 pm

Sorry to hijack this wonderful thread (been a real credit to everyone, not once has there been a need it step In, kudos to you all)

Takeover thread, back open, be respectful please.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Transfer Deadline Day "One Thread Fits All" ***Now Open*** and closes Tuesday 2am - Page 42 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:29 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Morpheus wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
Morpheus wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
GodzoneVilla wrote:
thinlizzy wrote:If new owners are going to be announced shortly after the transfer window closes they are playing a dangerous game because with lack of investment this summer will leave us in big trouble in next few months and next January might be too late to splash the cash

A pretty big bucket of water has been poured over this latest takeover smoke. Props to the Mods for sharing stuff in good faith (i don't believe in conspiracies / lies to drum up interest etc) - but I would be absolutely staggered if prospective new owners have allowed a transfer window to perpetuate the way this one has.
Todays not been a success in terms of signings, but I actually think it's been a half decent transfer window for Villa.
Villabromsgrove do you not think with KEA gone and Gardner on loan that we are now more than a bit thin in the midfield area without any further additions?

I'm actually glad that we didn't get Cleverly but Diame was available for half the Cleverly fee and would have given us even more of a presence in midfield. Sigurdsson was exactly what we needed and again at a lower price than Cleverly yet we failed to bring him in.

Either Lambert must now be tearing what is remaining of his hair out or we simply didn't approach those players which in my view is bordering on being negligent.

It is just as well that we have had a good start to the new season which will appease the fans but with a few more injuries particularly in the midfield department then we will start to struggle again which is and should have been for the manager a major worry.
I would have loved Sigurdsson, and I'm surprised that we didn't try to get him. I guess Lambert didn't know he would have money to spend at the time, so Lerner's fault rather than Lambert's.

Injuries may catch us out in midfield, but given normal luck we should just about cope. I'm looking forward to Grealish playing at least 45 minutes soon, and that wouldn't have happened if we had got our midfield targets today.
Finding it difficult mate to understand why Lambert wouldn't have known his budget before the window opened and if we had strengthened then we would still have been able to phase Grealish in with less pressure on the lad. If we lose Delph to injury then we really are fooked throughout the period he is missing as our midfield is still so weak even with the addition of Sanchez who will need time to adjust.

I believe that initially Lambert was told he would have to make do with frees and loans on low wages. I think something changed about the time we signed Cissokho. Until then I don't think that Lambert was able to bid for players like Sigurdsson. It's only my interpretation of our changing policy, that Lerner made the money available only after our best targets had already moved.
Still not convinced mate. If what you say is correct then he would have had enough money to purchase Diame who surely would have chosen us over Hull. It could well be that he just didn't fancy Diame which is a shame as he would have added more physicality to our midfield.

We'll never know for sure why those players weren't signed. Maybe we'll just have to wait for Lambert's autobiography to come out.

Anyway mate it's been a long day for the mods so I'll sign off now and you all get a well earned rest. Thanks for today as it was very enjoyable.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:29 pm

viva_la_amo wrote:
TheEgo wrote:What a day. So many posts, so much typing. A big thanks to one and all for making our deadline day thread a big success. Without our members we have nothing, so really appreciate your input and effort into making this a fun forum to post on. Scarf Waving Transfer Deadline Day "One Thread Fits All" ***Now Open*** and closes Tuesday 2am - Page 42 3769219917 Transfer Deadline Day "One Thread Fits All" ***Now Open*** and closes Tuesday 2am - Page 42 1956653425

As for villa. Meh!

Some good post from you today VLA. Beer
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:30 pm

So it seems as if we are aiming to limp over the line, we are a shambles of a football club, with no clear plan or direction.
Our transfer pict this window has been all over the place, we knew what we needed from day one after last seasons debacle, now it seems this one could follow a similar path.
The sooner these thieves are gone from our club the better. £6.7m spent, when we have just had possibly the biggest influx of cash into the football club, in our history tells us exactly where our ambitions lie.
Roll on a takeover , it can't get any fucking worse
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Transfer Deadline Day "One Thread Fits All" ***Now Open*** and closes Tuesday 2am - Page 42 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:31 pm

Morpheus wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
Morpheus wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
Morpheus wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
GodzoneVilla wrote:
thinlizzy wrote:If new owners are going to be announced shortly after the transfer window closes they are playing a dangerous game because with lack of investment this summer will leave us in big trouble in next few months and next January might be too late to splash the cash

A pretty big bucket of water has been poured over this latest takeover smoke. Props to the Mods for sharing stuff in good faith (i don't believe in conspiracies / lies to drum up interest etc) - but I would be absolutely staggered if prospective new owners have allowed a transfer window to perpetuate the way this one has.
Todays not been a success in terms of signings, but I actually think it's been a half decent transfer window for Villa.
Villabromsgrove do you not think with KEA gone and Gardner on loan that we are now more than a bit thin in the midfield area without any further additions?

I'm actually glad that we didn't get Cleverly but Diame was available for half the Cleverly fee and would have given us even more of a presence in midfield. Sigurdsson was exactly what we needed and again at a lower price than Cleverly yet we failed to bring him in.

Either Lambert must now be tearing what is remaining of his hair out or we simply didn't approach those players which in my view is bordering on being negligent.

It is just as well that we have had a good start to the new season which will appease the fans but with a few more injuries particularly in the midfield department then we will start to struggle again which is and should have been for the manager a major worry.
I would have loved Sigurdsson, and I'm surprised that we didn't try to get him. I guess Lambert didn't know he would have money to spend at the time, so Lerner's fault rather than Lambert's.

Injuries may catch us out in midfield, but given normal luck we should just about cope. I'm looking forward to Grealish playing at least 45 minutes soon, and that wouldn't have happened if we had got our midfield targets today.
Finding it difficult mate to understand why Lambert wouldn't have known his budget before the window opened and if we had strengthened then we would still have been able to phase Grealish in with less pressure on the lad. If we lose Delph to injury then we really are fooked throughout the period he is missing as our midfield is still so weak even with the addition of Sanchez who will need time to adjust.

I believe that initially Lambert was told he would have to make do with frees and loans on low wages. I think something changed about the time we signed Cissokho. Until then I don't think that Lambert was able to bid for players like Sigurdsson. It's only my interpretation of our changing policy, that Lerner made the money available only after our best targets had already moved.
Still not convinced mate. If what you say is correct then he would have had enough money to purchase Diame who surely would have chosen us over Hull. It could well be that he just didn't fancy Diame which is a shame as he would have added more physicality to our midfield.

We'll never know for sure why those players weren't signed. Maybe we'll just have to wait for Lambert's autobiography to come out.

Anyway mate it's been a long day for the mods so I'll sign off now and you all get a well earned rest. Thanks for today as it was very enjoyable.
Cheers for your contributions Morph, entertaining as always. Very Happy Beer
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:31 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
viva_la_amo wrote:

As for villa. Meh!

Some good post from you today VLA. Beer

Cheers VB. Only you seem to see them out the mods but I appreciate Beer
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:32 pm

Cheers for the input Morpheus and thanks for the pics Very Happy
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:32 pm

Night chaps, it's been fun - thanks mod's, fellow TBAR members for making an interesting read with a few larfs thrown in, and to lerkers too! Back to the takeover thread tomorrow and seeing what nuggets of info PDC can provide regarding the "done deal" - it's what is going to keep us going for the next 2 weeks until we see our boys run out at Anfield. I've got to say that today's activity at Villa 'suggests' signs of no takeover being close - lets see.... Evening ladies and gents. UTV
bazzah

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:45 pm

Whilst this three is still open can I remind you to take a look at the TBAR Survey https://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/t1050-tbar-survey where trying to gauge where are members found us. Will take 10 seconds of your time. Thank you
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:48 pm

bazzah wrote:Night chaps, it's been fun - thanks mod's, fellow TBAR members for making an interesting read with a few larfs thrown in, and to lerkers too!  Back to the takeover thread tomorrow and seeing what nuggets of info PDC can provide regarding the "done deal" - it's what is going to keep us going for the next 2 weeks until we see our boys run out at Anfield.  I've got to say that today's activity at Villa 'suggests' signs of no takeover being close - lets see.... Evening ladies and gents.  UTV
Beer
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:53 pm

bazzah wrote:Night chaps, it's been fun - thanks mod's, fellow TBAR members for making an interesting read with a few larfs thrown in, and to lerkers too!  Back to the takeover thread tomorrow and seeing what nuggets of info PDC can provide regarding the "done deal" - it's what is going to keep us going for the next 2 weeks until we see our boys run out at Anfield.  I've got to say that today's activity at Villa 'suggests' signs of no takeover being close - lets see.... Evening ladies and gents.  UTV

Cheers Bazzah, appreciated Beer
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by omariqy Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:21 am

Is there anymore on the potential takeover?I will be staggered if true given how the end of the window went for us.
omariqy

Back to top Go down

Post by mr woo Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:20 am

Cleverley coming after all? season loan According to reports on twatter.
mr woo
mr woo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:30 am

How can that be if deadline has passed?

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:39 am

I have seen this too. Saying villa went in VERY late afta everton deal collapsed. Waiting on FA to accept paperwork. I don't believe it tho. It is from twatter so wouldn't hold out breathes
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by villa_maiden Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:44 pm

Long time lurker but now first time poster so happy to be aboard... So it looks like Cleverley could becoming after all, just seen this on SSN

I have to admit I would be happy with this sceanario as I believe he is going into his final year so if he does work out for the good we could have a potentailly cheap signing going into next year if we have it written into loan agreement.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9453183/transfer-news-aston-villa-confident-over-loan-deal-for-tom-cleverley

I may be wrong about the contract situation its just what someone mentioned to me the other day.
villa_maiden

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:46 pm

VM, a very warm welcome! Glad you decided to wade in.

Just in time to as I'm gonna close this thread down now. But dive on into the Cleverley thread (Christ it's a stupid name to type!).

Again, welcome. :)
Trotters
Trotters

Transfer Deadline Day "One Thread Fits All" ***Now Open*** and closes Tuesday 2am - Page 42 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:12 pm

Welcome villa maiden - great to see you here .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42