The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Stoke v Villa - all in one match thread

+29
GodzoneVilla
davevilla
VTID85
mickeywya
jvilla
Morgan Villa
thegaffer6
DeborahK
Jae1411
Olof Mellberg
Green Villan
Wookster
VillaBill
Fpuppys
bruka
HarryAVFC
CTVillan
Wigteke
GadgetMan
Morpheus
Jim
Staffslion
Thinman
heystally!
switters
Villa_Dan
My Old Man
FoxyAV
Trotters
33 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Can the Villa turn Stoke over?

Stoke v Villa - all in one match thread  - Page 3 I_vote_lcap34%Stoke v Villa - all in one match thread  - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 34% 
[ 19 ]
Stoke v Villa - all in one match thread  - Page 3 I_vote_lcap30%Stoke v Villa - all in one match thread  - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 17 ]
Stoke v Villa - all in one match thread  - Page 3 I_vote_lcap29%Stoke v Villa - all in one match thread  - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 16 ]
Stoke v Villa - all in one match thread  - Page 3 I_vote_lcap7%Stoke v Villa - all in one match thread  - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 56

Stoke v Villa - all in one match thread  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stoke v Villa - all in one match thread

Post by VillaBill Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:14 pm

we go again
VillaBill
VillaBill

Stoke v Villa - all in one match thread  - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Stoke v Villa - all in one match thread  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stoke v Villa - all in one match thread

Post by Olof Mellberg Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:20 pm

At least Paul and Barry arent starting in Defence today, would have liked to have seen Bent get the nod upfront though.

We Go Again Peeps at 3pm! :)
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Stoke v Villa - all in one match thread  - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:27 pm

Looks like Cole's leg is still hanging off.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Stoke v Villa - all in one match thread  - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:32 pm

If we get 10 full games out of Cole this season I'll be amazed.

Pointless signing but good luck to the lads today and hopefully we'll get off to a good start. Would take a point now.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:35 pm

Is the chatbox open yet?
Trotters
Trotters

Stoke v Villa - all in one match thread  - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:36 pm

Just getting the Paul Lambert Post match interview ready....

Video is class, but it just misses ''We Go Again''

So that said....''We'll dust ourselves down, and We Go Again, next week against Newcastle'' lol

Still hopeful of points today though

UP THE VILLA! Very Happy
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:39 pm

The chat box is open at the bottom of the home screen lads (and lasses). There's a small link there so you can open it in a new tab if you prefer.

Quicker than refreshing here as it's real time.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:13 pm

Anyone got a stream that doesn't fill my screen with ads?
Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:54 pm

Better side 1st half.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeborahK Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:10 pm

Jae1411, watch in chrome but add the chrome extension 'Ad Block'. This will block the ads. You'll still get the little 'x's, just click on them to close them.

Start of second half and not going into it filled with the dread or resignation that filled the majority of last season's games. C'mon you Villans! AND WEIMANN SCORES AS I TYPE!!!!! YESSSSSSS!!!!
DeborahK

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:57 pm

I must admit, I never saw this result coming ! Bonus 3pts ! Super result . utv  Scarf Waving
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:06 pm

Clean sheet, 3 points at a tricky away game at Stoke...

Take that all day...Well Done Everyone!, Deserve the plaudits tonight....
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:09 pm

Well in lads!
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:12 pm

Stoke v Villa - all in one match thread  - Page 3 Posteralt1-300

Well done to the lads. Most expected a defeat and most were wrong including myself.

Brilliant result!
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:17 pm

Great result. Dodgy as fuck performance, especially in the first half.

Back four look sound for the first time in a long time although Stoke didn't test them to the limit.

The midfield is stunningly lightweight but we've got Dirty Sanchez to come.

Weimann and Gabby were utter shit. Yes, I know Weimann smashed one in but he's got the first touch of a rapist and is a shit football player. Gabby came alive more in the 2nd half (not hard as I don't think he'd realised the first half had actually started).

Other points that pissed me off no end:

Foul throws? Are you kidding? Now Hutton was fantastic but there's no excuse for that. And then getting a yellow card for wasting time taking a throw!

Gabby's yellow for kicking the ball 5cms was ridiculous. Why do it?

The free kick by N'Zog near the end, straight to one of the Stoke players then up to Ireland. If he was even half a football player that could have been the equaliser.

Guzan! Fuck my life! Has he been getting lessons from dickhead Bosnich on how to kick a ball? Aside from almost getting himself in the shit more than once, he was all over the road like a mad woman's dinner with his hoofing. Roy Keane's eyes were bleeding with rage.

As were mine at Bacuna's shot. What the actual fuck was that?

The free kick around the 60 minute mark...10 yards inside the Stoke half and well off to the side. Instead of taking the opportunity to get it in their box, we take a quick free kick sideways, sideways, backwards, back to Guzan who then hoofs it to a Stoke player ten yards further advanced from where we had the free kick. What is the exact purpose of that little exercise?

However, as I said, the back four looked good and seemed to work as a team for the most part. Vlaar was urging Sendeross and Cissokho to get up the field at one point but they didn't move and it was a good job too or they'd have been caught out so Vlaar needs to trust them now unlike the clown brothers, Baker and Clark.

Hutton and Cissokho got up and down the pitch well but weren't really supported when they did.

Westwood and Richardson tried hard and did ok but they're not brilliant players. Delph started well but looked lost amongst he he thuggery that Stoke out on the pitch.

N'Zog was great when he wasn't running into blind alleys....which was 70% of the time. Should not be changed for Grealish but kept on to complement him.

Grealish looked ok. Will get better and better with experience.

Well pleased with the result especially with the run of games ahead of us in a few weeks.

I did notice that at the end of the game that Keane looked pleased but Lambert looked like he'd lost 4-0. Something is making him more dour than usual. Miserable C**t.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigteke Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:26 pm

Spot on Trotters!

Nevertheless 3 Points, time to get pissed Beer !
Wigteke
Wigteke

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:28 pm

I thought we would lose this. Our movement is better. Our back four look solid. Thought CNZ added something we have missed, just simple touches, and a bit of creative vision.

No negatives from me another 37 points needed the sooner we get them the better
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:33 pm

Guzan poor distribution.
Back four very solid - well done to all of them .
Midfield battled well but lacked quality
Gabby and Weimann - poor - grealish very lively .

Totally deserved the win against a poor stoke team - now lets pick up  home wins.
Much better performance than I expected - well done to all players , staff and fans - enjoy your weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:36 pm

Eastie wrote:Guzan poor distribution.
Back four very solid - well done to all of them .
Midfield battled well but lacked quality
Gabby and Weimann - poor - grealish very lively .

Totally deserved the win against a poor stoke team - now lets pick up  home wins.
Much better performance than I expected - well done to all players , staff and fans - enjoy your weekend.

I like Westwood and Delph but not together they look a bit flat, and have done for sometime
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:38 pm

Liverpoo must be miffed that cissokho put in a good defensive shift AND some great crosses - clearly just needed time.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:57 pm

From the oatcake stoke forum

Can't understand hughess loyalty with ireland , he is pedestrian at best and we continue to carry him should ave been pulled at half time

Seems stoke have the same idle C**t we had
Jim
Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:00 pm

He was shit alright. Offered nothing. How he's made millions of quid and got a sexy wife is totally beyond me.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:02 pm

3am troy and still not in bed ? Celebrating the win ?  Drink

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:04 pm

No! PDC is sms'ing me.

Glad I'm bleary eyed cuz there's an attachment of him with a beer and pink panties.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:05 pm

Trotters wrote:No! PDC is sms'ing me.

Glad I'm bleary eyed cuz there's an attachment of him with a beer and pink panties.

Ha old morph must be over there then Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum