The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Tom Cleverley

+92
smetro
jeffvilla
mefromhere
Villa jimmy
kimbo
NARLA24
Green Villan
CTVillan
My Old Man
villabromsgrove
Villa_Dan
Trotters
DelboyVilla
Denis_B
Alpe_DHuez
Diablo
Jimmycarr
Wookster
De Kuip
BasingstokeVillain
Dek of Villa
Saunders82
Roncrete
Thinman
FoxyAV
Dazzle
James_Curtis
Mazrim
Army villain
Villa1967
avfcjoe
Ned the Platypus
villapark7879
holtehero
B62 Villa
jvilla
Jpmangel
snitum
pcfbavfcoman
Synopsis
GeneralJazzman
Malandro
Trezzy
Voice of reason
pooligan
USVillan
SOTC
achilles
erdingtonb24
ember
R1chuk
aberdarevilla
VillaBill
Daniel1Avfc
ejs1111
Wigteke
larvin86
Dions_Bald_Head
thetrees
CoE82
mDigital
chrisw1
flash gordon
DN1982
marko63
Poseidon
Nix999
Tomy-Flemba
The Utterer
KMitch
Mr Beast
UrmstonVilla
GhostDad
switters
kevpants
Aesorian
Kaz
brummieboy
Jim
villashrew
AstonThriller
Morpheus
GodzoneVilla
SteUTV
VillaSteve77
Mr Jones
abc123cox
bruka
GadgetMan
HarryAVFC
AVit
Suits
96 posters

Page 14 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

Tom Cleverley - Page 14 Empty Re: Tom Cleverley

Post by Morpheus Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:00 pm

Trotters wrote:Barry, although still an excellent player, is a financial black hole. His value will only go down from here on in.

I'd like to think that, even if we snaffle a mega rich new owner, that well be smarter than that as a club. I'd much rather the arsenal approach than the Man City way.
Was Barry on a free? If so we've already signed Joe fecking Cole, Richardson and Senderos whose value isn't exactly going to improve?
Morpheus
Morpheus

Tom Cleverley - Page 14 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:07 pm

Well if Barry was on a free then I feel kinda stoopid.

🤦
Trotters
Trotters

Tom Cleverley - Page 14 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:09 pm

Morpheus wrote:
Trotters wrote:Barry, although still an excellent player, is a financial black hole. His value will only go down from here on in.

I'd like to think that, even if we snaffle a mega rich new owner, that well be smarter than that as a club. I'd much rather the arsenal approach than the Man City way.
Was Barry on a free? If so we've already signed Joe fecking Cole, Richardson and Senderos whose value isn't exactly going to improve?

Joe Cole actually took a pay cut aswell. How desperate he must of been Laughing
My Old Man
My Old Man

Tom Cleverley - Page 14 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:10 pm

West Ham have signed Song ?
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:18 pm

Eastie wrote:I think cleverly would be a decent enough signing - not doubting his ability but concerned by maybe his lack of desire to come here - as someone said earlier we got bitten by Stephen Ireland .

I think by 11pm Monday things will look a lot clearer to our ambition and what the coming week or so may bring.

Hes spent all his career at one club and its a wrench to move away from people he knows and into the unknown. Thats not a lack of desire but a feeling of loyalty to the club and people who have brought him through. You, i and everyone else would feel the same, and it effects some more than others.

Does not mean he wont put in a shift.

Ireland is just a twat that give the words professional footballer and bad name. Hence why City got rid, and us being stupid enough to take him. Cleverly is completely different. 8)
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:22 pm

I kind of get the Barry thing as he looked great for Everton last season but when people harp on about Milner and Young ... come on people !!! We have to look forward in our signings not sign players because we remember they used to play well for us. What next Dean Saunders in as striker ? Is Dalian Atkinson still around ? Maybe thats why Hendrie went on the pre-season tour ?
As far as Cleverley goes i'd be quite happy with the signing, he was pretty good on loan at Wigan. If not, Callum Mc Manaman anyone ?
bruka

Tom Cleverley - Page 14 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:31 pm

Trotters wrote:Well if Barry was on a free then I feel kinda stoopid.

🤦

Tom Cleverley - Page 14 Tumblr_ljv80vRhg91qiicxio1_500
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:42 pm

My Old Man wrote:
Eastie wrote:I think cleverly would be a decent enough signing - not doubting his ability but concerned by maybe his lack of desire to come here - as someone said earlier we got bitten by Stephen Ireland .

I think by 11pm Monday things will look a lot clearer to our ambition and what the coming week or so may bring.

Hes spent all his career at one club and its a wrench to move away from people he knows and into the unknown. Thats not a lack of desire but a feeling of loyalty to the club and people who have brought him through. You, i and everyone else would feel the same, and it effects some more than others.

Does not mean he wont put in a shift.

Ireland is just a twat that give the words professional footballer and bad name. Hence why City got rid, and us being stupid enough to take him. Cleverly is completely different. 8)

Very cleverly explained Tom Cleverley - Page 14 1715320296

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:11 pm

Apparently the deal could collapse because we can't afford his wages

Good news if true. Spend the money on someone we actually need, and who's actually worth the money
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:19 pm

Barry is a class act. One of the best CM players in the prem
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by R1chuk Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:26 pm

bruka wrote:I kind of get the Barry thing as he looked great for Everton last season but when people harp on about Milner and Young ... come on people !!! We have to look forward in our signings not sign players because we remember they used to play well for us. What next Dean Saunders in as striker ? Is Dalian Atkinson still around ? Maybe thats why Hendrie went on the pre-season tour ?
  As far as Cleverley goes i'd be quite happy with the signing, he was pretty good on loan at Wigan. If not, Callum Mc Manaman anyone ?

The more I think about it, the more I think Cleverley could be a good signing. I am surprised that no one has been in for Mcmanaman.
R1chuk
R1chuk

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:29 pm

Probably the wrong thread for this but anyone else hope that Cole or Grealish/ N'Zogbia start to take free kicks and corners rather than bloody Westwood? When was the last time we scored from a corner as the delivery is usually shite?
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:10 pm

It doesn't really matter who takes corners, does it? Villa fans will find a way to moan about them...
USVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by pooligan Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:18 pm

It does not matter who takes the corners if Baker is playing,he will head them wide or over Very Happy
pooligan

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:23 pm

USVillan wrote:It doesn't really matter who takes corners, does it? Villa fans will find a way to moan about them...

Er yes it does matter who takes the set pieces as if they are constantly poor it needs addressing. So do you think Westwood takes a good corner then? They either don't clear the first man which is school boy stuff or float aimlessly out at the back post. This is training ground basics that we never seem to get right. There is never imagination in any of our set plays and if the delivery is poor it will never lead to a chance. We must surely work on them on the training ground so why doesn't Lambert change it?
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:27 pm

R1chuk wrote:
bruka wrote:I kind of get the Barry thing as he looked great for Everton last season but when people harp on about Milner and Young ... come on people !!! We have to look forward in our signings not sign players because we remember they used to play well for us. What next Dean Saunders in as striker ? Is Dalian Atkinson still around ? Maybe thats why Hendrie went on the pre-season tour ?

The more I think about it, the more I think Cleverley could be a good signing. I am surprised that no one has been in for Mcmanaman.

Me too with both players. I was thinking about Mcmanaman this morning and then he pops up with a couple, was brilliant for Wigan last year. I'd be well up for him
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Tom Cleverley - Page 14 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:29 pm

TheEgo wrote:
R1chuk wrote:

Me too with both players. I was thinking about Mcmanaman this morning and then he pops up with a couple, was brilliant for Wigan last year. I'd be well up for him

Agreed totally and I hope Cleverly keeps Westy out of the starting 11 for a bit. Think a midfield three of Sanchez, Cleverley and Delph looks pretty solid good mix of grit and guile there so definitely warming to the idea.
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:32 pm

villashrew wrote:
USVillan wrote:It doesn't really matter who takes corners, does it? Villa fans will find a way to moan about them...

Er yes it does matter who takes the set pieces as if they are constantly poor it needs addressing. So do you think Westwood takes a good corner then? They either don't clear the first man which is school boy stuff or float aimlessly out at the back post. This is training ground basics that we never seem to get right. There is never imagination in any of our set plays and if the delivery is poor it will never lead to a chance. We must surely work on them on the training ground so why doesn't Lambert change it?

With the height we have in the team now it would be stupid not to use it in the opposing area. To do that, the delivery has to be better. The three you mentioned plus Delph and Hutton can all deliver a better ball, so it does again pose questions on what Lambert actually sees Embarassed
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:34 pm

Set plays can me a massive bonus to sides if the delivery good. Westwood hasn't put a good ball in for about 2 and a bit years now
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:35 pm

My Old Man wrote:
villashrew wrote:

With the height we have in the team now it would be stupid not to use it in the opposing area. To do that, the delivery has to be better. The three you mentioned plus Delph and Hutton can all deliver a better ball, so it does again pose questions on what Lambert actually sees Embarassed

Yep couldn't agree more it's mind boggling to say the least. Perhaps Cleverley could take over the duties as I am sure he would be better than westy.
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:37 pm

villashrew wrote:
My Old Man wrote:
villashrew wrote:

Yep couldn't agree more it's mind boggling to say the least. Perhaps Cleverley could take over the duties as I am sure he would be better than westy.

My mum would be better than Westy Laughing
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:09 pm

This is a good read but I know it's the mirror! Kudos to unclepanda for sharing it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-uniteds-tom-cleverley-can-4135864?
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by mDigital Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:13 pm

Who was taking the corners on Wednesday night in the second-half? (genuine question)
Baker had a clear header the first time and put it over, then was stretching for the other one. I think those two were the closest we came from the corners.
mDigital

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:30 pm

villashrew wrote:

My point was less about the guy who is currently doing the delivery and more about the fact that fans will moan regardless of who it is.

Bannan, Tonev, Westwood, N'Zogbia, Young, Ireland...I mean, any player who's taken a corner in the past 4 years has been moaned about. It's sort of a Villa fan's God-given right, isn't it?

Quick! Gimme another negative vote!
USVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:42 pm

USVillan wrote:
villashrew wrote:

My point was less about the guy who is currently doing the delivery and more about the fact that fans will moan regardless of who it is.

Bannan, Tonev, Westwood, N'Zogbia, Young, Ireland...I mean, any player who's taken a corner in the past 4 years has been moaned about. It's sort of a Villa fan's God-given right, isn't it?

Quick! Gimme another negative vote!
Tom Cleverley - Page 14 3229115214_TRC_MALE_0001_Wind_Up_Merchant_Sky_1_xlarge
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next