The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa fans backlash

+29
erdingtonb24
Morpheus
DN1982
achilles
GadgetMan
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
Deano69
CoE82
Denis_B
BournVilla
Dions_Bald_Head
EbeneezerGoode
Olof Mellberg
Mazrim
villabromsgrove
gdav
Villarocks666
Green Villan
Dek of Villa
My Old Man
Morgan Villa
HarryAVFC
B62 Villa
thegaffer6
Voice of reason
Elagabalus
pcfbavfcoman
Wookster
Trotters
33 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Villa fans backlash - Page 6 Empty Re: Villa fans backlash

Post by My Old Man Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:41 am

EbeneezerGoode wrote:This puts a rather different slant on things: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/death-threats-blamed-new-aston-7587109

Could be sensationalist nonsense of course.

They are clutching at straws and doeing what they do best, blame the fans for the clubs problems. Maybe, just maybe if we were being run properly then emotions and anger would not be so negative. Incidently, I would really like to punch Doogan on his nose, why?

Because of the above.

Grade one knob earning a crust from something he knows fuck all about.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Villa fans backlash - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost of Pongo Waring Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:17 am

My Old Man wrote:
EbeneezerGoode wrote:This puts a rather different slant on things: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/death-threats-blamed-new-aston-7587109

They are clutching at straws and doeing what they do best, blame the fans for the clubs problems. Maybe, just maybe if we were being run properly then emotions and anger would not be so negative. Incidently, I would really like to punch Doogan on his nose, why?

Because of the above.

How are they 'clutching at straws' ? The statements in the article that a member had been threatened and that touting was going on wasn't from the club but were by two Lions club Chairman.

So when some members of Lions Clubs are abusing the rules and abusing other Villa fans the club should do nothing?

As another Chairman said “I think there was only an issue with it if you felt you’d got something to hide,” .... “Seventeen of the points have always been there as long as there have been Lions Clubs.”

It is possible to be critical without being abusive.

Ghost of Pongo Waring

Villa fans backlash - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpe_DHuez Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:59 am

My Old Man wrote:

Because of the above.

I do not agree at all. With social media fans now have way too much ability to influence the perception of a club. I am not saying fans shouldn't have an influence but a large majority of fans have very knee-jerk reactions to things and create waves if dissent over fuck all. Look at the fuss that is being made of gabby getting a new contract, i don't think for one second that before the time of the internet no one would discuss that contract for more than 5 minutes. People get way too emotional when it comes to sport and say absolutely moronic things to the point of being overly racist/sexist/homphobic and even death threats. Look at the shit Cleverly has been copping for 6 months/a year. Its disgraceful that someone people would aim vitriol at someone for playing sport - i can understand more if a player has been outwardly anti-social (think diouf) but he did nothing.

It is the nature of socail media/the internet. The real world has not come to grips with it ethically and so the only way they now how to deal with it is to shut it out. I don't blame them at all. Look at the influence individual people can have over opinions - it is not very representative of an overall feeling towards a club in the slightest.
Alpe_DHuez
Alpe_DHuez

Villa fans backlash - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:29 am

Would you like to see what a prominent member of another Villa forum threatened to do to former members of the same forum?

Believe me, there are some vile people around and I've absolutely no doubt some tend toward violence when they don't like what they read.
Trotters
Trotters

Villa fans backlash - Page 6 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:47 am

Trotters wrote:Would you like to see what a prominent member of another Villa forum threatened to do to former members of the same forum?

Believe me, there are some vile people around and I've absolutely no doubt some tend toward violence when they don't like what they read.

What did they threaten to do?
viva_la_amo

Villa fans backlash - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:56 am

Threats levelled at two people. One of whom he said he would keep on punching until his knuckles were mush.

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:03 am

Trotters wrote:Threats levelled at two people. One of whom he said he would keep on punching until his knuckles were mush.  

Most likely keyboard warriors mate. It's amazing how hard you can be on the net.
viva_la_amo

Villa fans backlash - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:05 am

Especially when you think you are hidden from public view.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6