The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+85
Dansvilla75
MrAstonVilla
RoyRace
Synopsis
MinnyVilla
TheLeftSide
Longboy
Tomy-Flemba
VTID85
Villarocks666
River
Malandro
roba19
Jpmangel
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
CoE82
PongosPointofView
Poseidon
johnny noodles
Keyser Soze
achilles
South London Villan
Jimmycarr
DR Peters
Rattler
GodzoneVilla
AVit
AstonB6
Trezzy
CTVillan
Morgan Villa
suicidewatch24
tbarrules
GadgetMan
ejs1111
KMitch
Minstrel
Coseley Villa
omariqy
Mazrim
Southern Villan
any82
smoke
PieFacE
nitrogen
AstonThriller
therailboy
B62 Villa
clarryblue
danclare82
gdav
Olof Mellberg
Dek of Villa
Saunders
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
Jim
Vasher
Green Villan
Withes Sweatbands
Villa_Dan
jvilla
upthevilla76
R1chuk
LVBrit
UnclePanda
bakerbob
SouthernVilla
Wookster
thinlizzy
Jae1411
holtehero
Thinman
USVillan
Monkeywrench
Denis_B
pcfbavfcoman
Trotters
AVFClee
George
The Utterer
villabromsgrove
Dions_Bald_Head
HarryAVFC
My Old Man
lukevilla
89 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? Empty Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:18 am

Lets just refresh seeing as we were in the 73rd page.
Got a feeling that this tour will spring a surprise. Just a feeling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX6oSs7FHs0

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by lukevilla Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:31 am

Scarf Waving And on 100 posts now and in the Inter-Toto Cup cup  :)
lukevilla

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:13 am

Lets keep this support going. The best supporters ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyG52eMpu8E

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:26 am

PDC Lion wrote:Lets just refresh seeing as we were in the 73rd page.
Got a feeling that this tour will spring a surprise. Just a feeling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX6oSs7FHs0

Americans hey.. Laughing 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:39 am

Love the Villa away fans. Legends. I only go to two or 3 away games a season but the support is top class unlike the players on the pitch. Went to Southampton away and Palace away last season. We obviously beat The saints just about but the Palace performance was an utter disgrace. It's the first time the fans really turned on Lambert and rightly so. Can't believe he's still our manager. The away support needs to transfer into VP though. Got a season ticket at Villa and now and then the place was rocking, mainly after we beat Chelsea. If your manager And players muster up 12 home defeats in a season though you can see why the home fans struggle to show any fight when the players don't

Anyway, let's hope the US tour does bring something. I would be surprised though
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:07 am

Article on the BBC website today about the Americans slowly falling in love with football...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28386780
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:27 am

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Article on the BBC website today about the Americans slowly falling in love with football...

Exactly the same was said and predicted after they hosted the World Cup. It looked good for a season or two, then pettered out.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:37 am

Top of my wish list is an experienced and respected football administrator. A new owner will not succeed without one. If Randy had appointed one from day one at AVFC, he and Villa may well have been in a much happier position.
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:40 am

My Old Man wrote:
Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Article on the BBC website today about the Americans slowly falling in love with football...

Exactly the same was said and predicted after they hosted the World Cup. It looked good for a season or two, then pettered out.

That sounds familiar  Laughing
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:46 am

My Old Man wrote:

Doesn't matter if WE believe it - we just need some loaded American to believe it...  Fishing 
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by George Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:09 pm

just a thought.....

can you imagine a situation where a bunch of yanks got behind us with a view to smash the pretentious European cartel that is football in Europe today....what could be achieved?!

imagine the power of the hordes of disgruntled Brummies allied with the weight of middle America...what kind of a fuck chance would they stand?!

regimes fall!
George
George

http://www.streetart.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:17 pm

I can't see anything happening to be honest - I expect lerner and lambert at the helm as the season starts .

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:20 pm

We just need to hope during the season someone falls in love with the idea of fulfilling this great club's true potential, taking a look around at the fans and seeing how passionate we are cheering and supporting a second rate team on a pitch in a stadium that has graced a many legends and hero's over the generations gone by, someone has to feel this.
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:23 pm

George wrote:just a thought.....

can you imagine a situation where a bunch of yanks got behind us with a view to smash the pretentious European cartel that is football in Europe today....what could be achieved?!

imagine the power of the hordes of disgruntled Brummies allied with the weight of middle America...what kind of a fuck chance would they stand?!

regimes fall!
Sounds like a nailed on film script to me. Tom Hanks can play Ancschutz and Tom Cruise can play Hunt (I know he's too short but that's  not stopped him in the past). The hordes of disgruntled Brummies could be played by TBAR and VT posters, no H&V involvement because they'll look too happy and just piss themselves laughing at the pun potential. Lee Evans would be perfect for the part of Platini, and I'm sure Blatter would make a guest appearance if the brown envelope was heavy enough! Go for it!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:24 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Top of my wish list is an experienced and respected football administrator. A new owner will not succeed without one. If Randy had appointed one from day one at AVFC, he and Villa may well have been in a much happier position.

He never trusted anybody. He could have persuaded Stride to stay but allowed him to go. Then the two he did employ went in mysterious circumstances shortly after being hired. If you look at all the clubs appointments, they are usually somebody whom he has worked with for a number of years. The same will be with any new owner, somebody whom has known Lerner for a while.

Its been the clubs biggest downfall, because it means we get people whom are alien to Football and out of their depth. Its my biggest criticism of him, a reluctance to think outside the box.

Also, with a savy CEO, you may not need to spend that much Wink
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:25 pm

LOL villabrom  lol! 
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:43 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:

regimes fall!
Sounds like a nailed on film script to me. Tom Hanks can play Ancschutz and Tom Cruise can play Hunt (I know he's too short but that's  not stopped him in the past). The hordes of disgruntled Brummies could be played by TBAR and VT posters, no H&V involvement because they'll look too happy and just piss themselves laughing at the pun potential. Lee Evans would be perfect for the part of Platini, and I'm sure Blatter would make a guest appearance if the brown envelope was heavy enough! Go for it!

The H&V folk can play the embittered aliens that have lost their homeworld and the ginger messiah they've been communicating through has been killed off.

You have to have aliens.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:04 pm

Trotters wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

regimes fall!

The H&V folk can play the embittered aliens that have lost their homeworld and the ginger messiah they've been communicating through has been killed off.

You have to have aliens.
Lee Hendrie would make a believable alien, and he'll do anything for a couple of quid.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by pcfbavfcoman Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:13 pm

Some are suggesting the club not being sold by Randy, but a couple of high profile investors being found and coming from the states, joining up with him, could be a possibility, I know but not by who, it has appeared a couple of times over the last couple of weeks in various forums.
We can just hope, new investment please.
pcfbavfcoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis_B Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:16 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Top of my wish list is an experienced and respected football administrator. A new owner will not succeed without one. If Randy had appointed one from day one at AVFC, he and Villa may well have been in a much happier position.
As was pointed out he did but Fitzgerald left after less than a year because he found it impossible to work with MON who was supported by Lerner in running the club. No matter who he appointed it was impossible to control the Irish meglomaniac (Megalomania is a psychopathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of power, relevance, omnipotence, and by inflated self-esteem)
Denis_B
Denis_B

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkeywrench Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:19 pm

Any sign of the "God" entity that used to drip pompous, made-up news on here or he had to go and get a proper job?
Monkeywrench
Monkeywrench

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:21 pm

pcfbavfcoman wrote:Some are suggesting the club not being sold by Randy, but a couple of high profile investors being found and coming from the states, joining up with him, could be a possibility, I know but not by who, it has appeared a couple of times over the last couple of weeks in various forums.
We can just hope, new investment please.

Thats certainly an option that would not surprise in all honesty. If he cant sell us now then get in a couple of investors whom will share in the profits when the club is sold in the future, and higher up the league, where we will be more appealing.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:22 pm

Monkeywrench wrote:Any sign of the "God" entity that used to drip pompous, made-up news on here or he had to go and get a proper job?
How has this post added to our collective enjoyment?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:22 pm

Monkeywrench wrote:Any sign of the "God" entity that used to drip pompous, made-up news on here or he had to go and get a proper job?

HH? Laughing 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:23 pm

Trotters wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

regimes fall!

You have to have aliens.
Michael Bay to direct. Anfield and The Hawthorns to be blown up in spectacular fashion. Hunt (Cruise) takes a dump and, upon flushing, The Sty is pulled to the 7th level of hell. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, scene.
USVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next