The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+102
Kaz
mrshnn
Wigteke
marcxc1983
omariqy
Zidane
pcfbavfcoman
supermon
GodzoneVilla
BournVilla
Villa1967
Saunders
Withes Sweatbands
Leafs1201
Southern Villan
DancinPete
Mikethevillan
Olof Mellberg
Longboy
Jimmycarr
Jae1411
DN1982
allseasmarine
viva_la_amo
philvilla
mini_ beest
Sky
tbarrules
switters
banneruk
roba19
jvilla
Synopsis
Trinity Kid
pooligan
DaveAV1
AVFClee
Saunders82
upthevilla76
ejs1111
Army villain
Malandro
StringGhost
jeffvilla
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Heisenberg
Mr T
johnny noodles
Villarocks666
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
bazzah
James_Curtis
Steveallen79
danclare82
adamvilla51
Chrissylee1111
RoyRace
mickeywya
HarryAVFC
USVillan
StevieAVFC14
Trezzy
sligolion
Mazrim
edwarfa1
lukevilla
Billy Walker
Fpuppys
UnclePanda
gdav
heystally!
Tomy-Flemba
Dions_Bald_Head
De Kuip
Morgan Villa
ember
Alpe_DHuez
Jpmangel
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
davevilla
Green Villan
Denis_B
South London Villan
KMitch
smoke
My Old Man
Villa_Dan
Morpheus
CTVillan
Kakacroom
Coseley Villa
Keyser Soze
VillaBill
phil__
GadgetMan
kimbo
Trotters
villabromsgrove
LVBrit
TheLeftSide
B62 Villa
106 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? Empty Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by B62 Villa Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:57 am

I was in the Holte Sunday , although the claret and blue army part of the chant was clear and audible, the Paul Lambert part wasn't, no one around me was sing Paul Lamberts name it was more of a mumble that went along with the tune of the chant.
I didn't join in as I want Lambert gone, he's been poor in the extreme, and I don't buy into the argument he has an eye for a player and is a good squad builder, I'd say the opposite given his record.
If we do have a takeover sooner rather than later , it will be interesting to see if he is replaced straight away and if do who by.
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:01 am

B62 Villa wrote:I was in the Holte Sunday , although the claret and blue army part of the chant was clear and audible, the Paul Lambert part wasn't, no one around me was sing Paul Lamberts name it was more of a mumble that went along with the tune of the chant.
I didn't join in as I want Lambert gone, he's been poor in the extreme, and I don't buy into the argument he has an eye for a player  and is a good squad builder, I'd say the opposite given his record.
If we do have a takeover sooner rather than later , it will be interesting to see if he is replaced straight away and if do who by.

Fair comment , if a new owner has lined up an exciting continental manager I wouldn't expect him to change tact just because we have taken 7 points .

The good thing for lambert is if he were to be shown the door he would possibly do so with some pride and his reputation somewhat more intact than a month ago .

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by TheLeftSide Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:01 am

I was in the holte Sunday as well (as every game) and the Paul lambert bit was audible enough to me - I even commented on it as I was chuckling about the quick turnaround. I did say perhaps Lamberts clean slate to the players has been extended to him from the fans.
TheLeftSide
TheLeftSide

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:02 am

TheLeftSide wrote:I was in the holte Sunday as well (as every game) and the Paul lambert but was audible enough to me - I even commented on it as I was chuckling about the quick turnaround. I did say perhaps Lamberts clean slate to the players has been extended to him from the fans.

Certainly not from the orient game - fans are fickle , not just at villa but all clubs .
We all want to see our team win - football is a game of constantly changing emotions - have a read of any match thread and see how people's opinions can change in a few minutes - it's why we love the game :)

Back to top Go down

Post by LVBrit Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:11 am

I have seen it stated on here a couple of time how well Lambert actually did to keep us up under the restraints he had. After giving that some thought i find myself not being able to get past the two results against Southampton and Man City. It can't be understated how incredibly lucky we where with those results and in fact without them there would be no argument about how well Lambert did to ensure our survival, we would be down. But surely luck balances itself out over the course of a season, i can't recall one game where we played the opposition off the pitch and where equally unlucky not to pick up points. So for me i still feel we where lucky to survive and did it despite Lambert rather than because of his excellant work.

As Eastie has said i find myself waiting for the next run of shockers and feel whatever happens it will in fact be to little to late from Mr Lambert for me.
LVBrit

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:12 am

Left side
Fair play if it was clearer nearer to where you sit, my ST is lower Holte (L4) on the back row so I get to stand every week,perhaps the upper Holte overhang that acts as a roof muffled it somewhat, very disappointing though, one swallow doesn't make a summer and I certainly don't want either Lamberts or a Lerners name sung, I actually thought they were singing Roy Keanes name at one point.
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:15 am

LVBrit wrote:I have seen it stated on here a couple of time how well Lambert actually did to keep us up under the restraints he had. After giving that some thought i find myself not being able to get past the two results against Southampton and Man City. It can't be understated how incredibly lucky we where with those results and in fact without them there would be no argument about how well Lambert did to ensure our survival, we would be down. But surely luck balances itself out over the course of a season, i can't recall one game where we played the opposition off the pitch and where equally unlucky not to pick up points. So for me i still feel we where lucky to survive and did it despite Lambert rather than because of his excellant work.

As Eastie has said i find myself waiting for the next run of shockers and feel whatever happens it will in fact be to little to late from Mr Lambert for me.
Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 3769219917
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:16 am

B62 Villa wrote:Left side
Fair play if it was clearer nearer to where you sit, my ST is lower Holte (L4) on the back row so I get to stand every week,perhaps the upper Holte overhang that acts as a roof muffled it somewhat, very disappointing though, one swallow doesn't make a summer and I certainly don't want either Lamberts or a Lerners name sung, I actually thought they were singing Roy Keanes name at one point.

There were chants of Keano , but no doubt there were also chants of paul lamberts claretn blue army .

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:34 am

Eastie, that is a sad indictment of modern football, and shows how easily fans can be brainwashed and have expectations dumbed down after the last two disasterous seasons under lambert, or perhaps like me it was nice just to see a win at VP. After all 16 in 59 matches means their a rare commodity
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:41 am

Eastie wrote:
B62 Villa wrote:Left side

There were chants of Keano , but no doubt there were also chants of paul lamberts claretn blue army .

there was and there was at the orient game, not at the end though obviously

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:50 am

Don't forget the majority of fans don't access forums, so they probably are more willing to forgive and forget the trials and tribulations of the past few seasons. It's good fun to get behind a winning team, we just haven't had much practice at it lately under Lerner and Lambert.
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:06 am

I'm not knocking anyone backing the team on the pitch, VP needs to ramp up its atmosphere, I just don't agree with praising a man who has contributed significantly to our recent downfall and humiliations. Paul Lambert has got an awful lot to do to win a lot of the fans over, it seems too little too late for me, but that's just my opinion, which in the grand scheme of things isn't worth FA
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:07 am

love waking up to the lambert haters!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:19 am

jimbop wrote:love waking up to the lambert haters!

I'm not a lambert hater - I just don't think he's a very good football manager at this club .
Similar to mike walker who left Norwich for Everton - I think Lambert is out of his depth at villa.

Last edited by Eastie on Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:23 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:21 am

I don't hate the man. He just bewilders me. I'm a Lambert Bewilderer.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:23 am

No idea why because some people don't rate him as a manager at villa anyone would possibly think it was hate.

It's a game not a war !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:23 am

Eastie wrote:
jimbop wrote:love waking up to the lambert haters!

I'm not a lambert hater - I just don't think he's a very good football manager at this club .
Similar to mike walker who left Norwich for Everton - I think Lambert is out of his depth at villa.
Hate - certainly not - it's a game not a war.

fair point, just think give him this season or January at the least, fresh start for bomb squad, fresh start for lambert. if we look at the positives, 7 points from 3 games, Richardson, sanchez, sendorous (lamberts buys) all look bloody decent, judge him after 15 games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:26 am

How many chances do you give him though, the same was being said last season - for me he has had more more chances than most managers could dream of .

If I was to say to you a new successful proven continental manager was lined up to replace lambert next week under new owners would you still choose to stick with him ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:28 am

Eastie wrote:How many chances do you give him though, the same was being said last season - for me he has had more more chances than most managers could dream of .

If I was to say to you a new successful proven continental manager was lined up to replace lambert next week under new owners would you still choose to stick with him ?

no probably not, but at this time, at a club where theres such uncertainty, no doe, owner who wants out, I don't think we could get much better at the minute, look at the geezer managing fulham, I don't think he can even spell football Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 50815218

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:42 am

I never said I hated Lambert, but these last 2 seasons have not been good enough, he needs to shoulder his share of the blame and responsibility.
His record at the Villa is shocking, even if you take into account the restraints placed upon him by that carpet bagging owner of ours.
It's not a case of being a Lambert Hater or Lover, it's about being a Villa fan, and I believe we could and can do better than a manager who is out of his depth , lost and looks as though he hasn't got a clue what he is doing and makes it up as he goes along. There is no doubt he is a decent championship or lower league gaffer, but to date he's made a mess of things at the villa.
I believe this will be his final season, he may go sooner when the pressure is ramped on after a few defeats. The attendances show the fans are fed up and things simply have to change. If people are happy with survival battles and scraping by, fair play, I just want a bit more ambition from the club and the best fans in the land.
Scarf Waving
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:44 am

B62 Villa wrote:  I never said I hated Lambert, but these last 2 seasons have not been good enough, he needs to shoulder his share of the blame and responsibility.
His record at the Villa is shocking, even if you take into account the restraints placed upon him by that carpet bagging owner of ours.
It's not a case of being a Lambert Hater or Lover, it's about being a Villa fan, and I believe we could and can do better than a manager who is out of his depth , lost and looks as though he hasn't got a clue what he is doing and makes it up as he goes along. There is no doubt he is a decent championship or lower league gaffer, but to date he's made a mess of things at the villa.
I believe this will be his final season, he may go sooner when the pressure is ramped on after a few defeats. The attendances show the fans are fed up and things simply have to change. If people are happy with survival battles and scraping by, fair play, I just want a bit more ambition from the club and the best fans in the land.
Scarf Waving

fair play matey, fair points.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:45 am

B62 Villa wrote:  I never said I hated Lambert, but these last 2 seasons have not been good enough, he needs to shoulder his share of the blame and responsibility.
Scarf Waving

Bang on that is mate Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 3769219917

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:05 am

Trotters wrote:I don't hate the man. He just bewilders me. I'm a Lambert Bewilderer.
I'll go with this. Until he came to Villa he'd been successful with a "gung ho, we'll score more than you" brand of football. He must have known that wouldn't work in the Premiership, but I've yet to figure out what his alternative plan is! He must know more about football than the rest of us, but it doesn't show does it? :scratch: I know we're going down the clean sheets route at the moment but that is probably down to Keane frightening the bejabers out of our defenders! Bash
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:09 am

villabromsgrove wrote:
Trotters wrote:I don't hate the man. He just bewilders me. I'm a Lambert Bewilderer.
I'll go with this. Until he came to Villa he'd been successful with a "gung ho, we'll score more than you" brand of football. He must have known that wouldn't work in the Premiership, but I've yet to figure out what his alternative plan is! He must know more about football than the rest of us, but it doesn't show does it? :scratch: I know we're going down the clean sheets route at the moment but that is probably down to Keane frightening the bejabers out of our defenders! Bash

ha ha, love it

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:53 am

I think a lot will depend on the wealth, Knowledge and Experience( ie listening to advice from football people who know the English game/premier league), as to who is the manager to take us forward in our new era( hopefully sooner rather than later, still sceptical there is any takeover as yet).
Will he simply throw money at the problem with someone like Mancini??
Will he have the patience to build properly, or will it be a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire, he keeps Lambert and milks the club for the TV cash , so as it is now!
Let's hope it's a positive takeover
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next