The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover speculation - we go again .....

+92
Jim
Kakacroom
Saunders
TheLeftSide
Alpe_DHuez
Billy Walker
gdale1
expatvilla
M. E. Ward
H+V
Coseley Villa
Zidane
Kaz
aboclaretandblue
VTID85
smoke
jamavfc1
jvilla
ejs1111
De Kuip
any82
chrisw1
B62 Villa
snakevilla
Keyser Soze
Mazrim
larvin86
Wookster
nabbyy
Withes Sweatbands
Hornso
thegaffer6
Morgan Villa
James_Curtis
villashrew
RoyRace
DR Peters
Malandro
DN1982
Leafs1201
River
heystally!
kimbo
South London Villan
upthevilla76
Longboy
Mreze
Green Villan
Rawlie
Mr Beast
Andyh
Denis_B
Villarocks666
R1chuk
bryanallcott1976
MinnyVilla
CoE82
lukevilla
USVillan
GodzoneVilla
CTVillan
LVBrit
EbeneezerGoode
HarryAVFC
Dek of Villa
supermon
Olof Mellberg
Southern Villan
gdav
AVFClee
UnclePanda
Steveallen79
AVit
Poseidon
Sky
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
thinlizzy
The Utterer
Thinman
cgale
MrAstonVilla
villabromsgrove
Jae1411
Jimmycarr
johnny noodles
VillaBill
Villa_Dan
Trotters
holtehero
GadgetMan
My Old Man
Dions_Bald_Head
96 posters

Page 43 of 44 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Go down

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 43 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - we go again .....

Post by The Utterer Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:19 pm

Olof Mellberg wrote:
The Utterer wrote:
Trotters wrote:Going back to FFP for a sec, precedents have been set by clubs for the going rate of sponsorship and ground naming rights, etc. A new owner with big legal dogs could easily argue that if the 2nd biggest team in shitty Manchester can get a sponsor for a ground they don't even own, then certainly Aston Villa - by far the biggest team within a massive area and a far more famous name worldwide until very recently - can also get a similar deal.

A smart marketer will piss all over FFP and Platini will be able to do nothing about it at all.

Chill.

Agree with this ^^^

We need somebody with real nous who can come in, know they have the ability to make a £100 Million+ loss over three years under FFP regardless, have the contacts & knowledge to be able to get a huge deal on stadium naming rights plus other sponsorship deals to boot, know how to build big & fast the profile of the club to increase revenues overseas etc and also have the ambition to redevelop the whole area as Man City have done which could again be another factor in the FFP racket. All of that is do-able, ambitious Yes but that's surely a good thing isn't it? There is more than enough scope there to allow the financial clout to get this club rockin & rollin again...And then of course once things start to turn the fanbase will awaken, the stadium would fill and then ground expansion is realistic again thus increasing revenues still further etc etc etc.

Just needs someone with the vision, financial muscle and pair of gonads big enough to have a go at it!!

Any takers up for a great challenge????

No would be the sad truth IMO, Football clubs owned by Billionaires are ''Fun'' for them.....FFP just makes it ''Hard work'' instantly becomes less desirable.

Combine that with the Premier League already 5/6 clubs with top 4 or better aspirations even after a few years of throwing money at it, you cant guarantee a Champions League berth which is a must to really brand your product and to help Financially with the income it generates.

May aswell buy teams in France, or other countries where you can set out a Champions league '' Realistic goal short term'', or failing that buy a Baseball or NBA Franchise or something, no relegation either to worry about....

I seriously doubt anybody would want the hassle or Challenge of res erecting Aston Villa in the current circumstances of football. Only time I do see it is if/when Villa drop to the Championship....the Challenge to bring us back to the PL where everybody knows Villa belong.

Time will tell i guess Olof,

You have valid points of course but for me only having 5 or 6 clubs to compete with is a plus, depends on your perspective of course but really you have Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool Arsenal & maybe Spurs fighting for the same ground so it would be a mini league in a sense of 6,7 or maybe 8 teams and we would need to finish in the top half of that. I don't see how that's "Hard work" as such either more just having the contacts, finances and knowledge of what & how to do it. To me that makes it more of a challenge and therefore much more fun than the situation which faced someone like Chelsea & Man City's owners, who really did nothing more than taking candy off a baby..Where's the fun in that?

In my experience people at the top have the attitude that the bigger the challenge the bigger the reward.

Anyway time will tell of course  Very Happy 
The Utterer
The Utterer

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 43 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 43 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - we go again .....

Post by Wookster Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:24 pm

Arnt the FFP restrictions a club wide version of what Bosman is against?

No-one ever believed that a player would achieve what he did but that was some bonfire to stick under the footballing rule book
Wookster
Wookster

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 43 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:29 pm

Does anyone else feel that if were to be taken over by an American billionaire, linked to Texas or not, something would have been announced by now?? On the back of a great US groundswell from the World Cup with City squares packed out, and sold out grounds in Seattle for the spurs tour and the up and coming Man Utd /Liverpool tours.
I really don't want to piss on anyone's chips, but surely they would want ticket sales, promotional events anything that brings in US punters and $$$$.
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 43 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:11 pm

Something is up....

Rumours are starting again.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by KH** Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:13 pm

And what rumours would these be?
KH**
KH**

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:20 pm

Rumours that randy has taken us off the market & will reinvest. (twitter).
Jim
Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:26 pm

Jim wrote:Rumours that randy has taken us off the market & will reinvest. (twitter).

Who would of seen that coming (if true) ?
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:43 pm

The Utterer wrote:
Olof Mellberg wrote:
The Utterer wrote:
Trotters wrote:Going back to FFP for a sec, precedents have been set by clubs for the going rate of sponsorship and ground naming rights, etc. A new owner with big legal dogs could easily argue that if the 2nd biggest team in shitty Manchester can get a sponsor for a ground they don't even own, then certainly Aston Villa - by far the biggest team within a massive area and a far more famous name worldwide until very recently - can also get a similar deal.

A smart marketer will piss all over FFP and Platini will be able to do nothing about it at all.

Chill.

Agree with this ^^^

We need somebody with real nous who can come in, know they have the ability to make a £100 Million+ loss over three years under FFP regardless, have the contacts & knowledge to be able to get a huge deal on stadium naming rights plus other sponsorship deals to boot, know how to build big & fast the profile of the club to increase revenues overseas etc and also have the ambition to redevelop the whole area as Man City have done which could again be another factor in the FFP racket. All of that is do-able, ambitious Yes but that's surely a good thing isn't it? There is more than enough scope there to allow the financial clout to get this club rockin & rollin again...And then of course once things start to turn the fanbase will awaken, the stadium would fill and then ground expansion is realistic again thus increasing revenues still further etc etc etc.

Just needs someone with the vision, financial muscle and pair of gonads big enough to have a go at it!!

Any takers up for a great challenge????

No would be the sad truth IMO, Football clubs owned by Billionaires are ''Fun'' for them.....FFP just makes it ''Hard work'' instantly becomes less desirable.

Combine that with the Premier League already 5/6 clubs with top 4 or better aspirations even after a few years of throwing money at it, you cant guarantee a Champions League berth which is a must to really brand your product and to help Financially with the income it generates.

May aswell buy teams in France, or other countries where you can set out a Champions league '' Realistic goal short term'', or failing that buy a Baseball or NBA Franchise or something, no relegation either to worry about....

I seriously doubt anybody would want the hassle or Challenge of res erecting Aston Villa in the current circumstances of football. Only time I do see it is if/when Villa drop to the Championship....the Challenge to bring us back to the PL where everybody knows Villa belong.

Time will tell i guess Olof,

You have valid points of course but for me only having 5 or 6 clubs to compete with is a plus, depends on your perspective of course but really you have Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool Arsenal & maybe Spurs fighting for the same ground so it would be a mini league in a sense of 6,7 or maybe 8 teams and we would need to finish in the top half of that. I don't see how that's "Hard work" as such either more just having the contacts, finances and knowledge of what & how to do it. To me that makes it more of a challenge and therefore much more fun than the situation which faced someone like Chelsea & Man City's owners, who really did nothing more than taking candy off a baby..Where's the fun in that?

In my experience people at the top have the attitude that the bigger the challenge the bigger the reward.

Anyway time will tell of course  Very Happy 

I wont disagree with you, but I think you are looking for a select individual or individuals, somebody with footballing Know how, contacts, etc. However not every Billionaire has that, Lerner dosent and has never gotten hold of those kind of people to run his club with that vision. He just provided the funds, Nowadays you have to have the brains aswell, and a passion for football, not a ''Oh this looks like fun'' mentality, or the old own a football club as a status symbol.

I guess its hard work as you want a return on your investment as soon as, or at least a plan on how to get to where you want to go which is exactly what you laid out, but a real possibility of getting there...the other 5 or 6 teams in 4 spots could mean like Lerner did you lose so much money and still dont get there because of the competition, and when you are losing hundreds of Millions im guessing youd ask yourself is it worth it?...

We need a Multi Billionaire with a passion for football and wants to res erect the Villa and spend a lot of their money...my gut feeling says there arnt many queuing at the door with all the boxes ticked...

As for the fun element, They got to where they wanted to go I guess, league Titles and Champions League and one of the biggest teams in Europe...they got their return on their money...they have fun nowadays. More competition makes it much more rewarding and satisfying if it was to be done today and yes would be more fun...but there is a real chance you dont get there, and then youve just almost burnt and wasted money and lose interest like Lerner has...

It is achievable of course but we need the right owner...and at the minute he or she isnt stepping foreword  Sad  But I dont see too many Multi Billionaires with the contacts, knowledge of football or the football industry. Many have that winning attitude in business but they would most probably have to go out and seek and find the right people to surround themselves with to run the club while the owner takes an interest and writes the cheques as we certainly dont have them already in place.

It just baffles me how a club with the history and tradition of Villa cant attract a buyer, I personally put it down to FFP and the already established 5/6 clubs in the league. No Owner with a winning attitude or a desire to get to the top would ever be satisfied with 8th place finishes etc...they may just see it as a waste of money rather than a potential 5 year journey Sad 

My 2 cents anyway  :) 

Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:45 pm

I can't see that being true, it's a stretch to even believe he wants to invest and keep us up for sale, a bit like Everton/Newcastle, so I really can't believe he's done a complete u turn, and wants to pump dough in again( which he would have to do eventually), not after the last few years of severe cost cutting and famine.
The only way I can see this happening, is if he is just after the TV money ( min £61m per year, we got £73 this year), with minimum outlay, whilst he stays the other side of the pond out of the firing line, watching the ££££
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:48 pm

Has he taken us off the market? Doubt it

Has he decides to invest? He has too. This team will likely be relegated as it stands. He has no choice really
Jim
Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:12 pm

holtehero wrote:Football is broken beyond repair in my opinion, only a matter of time before the top 2 or 3 from each major European league form a super league and who knows what entry/relegation criteria that will have - most likely something that favours the existing elite.

the sooner they fook off the better imo!
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:18 pm

Jim wrote:Has he taken us off the market? Doubt it

Has he decides to invest? He has too. This team will likely be relegated as it stands. He has no choice really

Lerner wants out, so there is only one reason he would take off us the market. That was the one rumour.

The other was a cryptic message from a poster on VT whom is usually correct, about our trip to Texas. Its to blooming quiet for my liking, something is up, just a feeling.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Withes Sweatbands Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:19 pm

UnclePanda wrote:
holtehero wrote:Football is broken beyond repair in my opinion, only a matter of time before the top 2 or 3 from each major European league form a super league and who knows what entry/relegation criteria that will have - most likely something that favours the existing elite.

the sooner they fook off the better imo!

I agree the game is broken beyond repair in my opinion. They will breakaway and there won't be any relegation cos it will be a closed shop a bit like it is now really. I think the governing bodies are as bent as bent thing that was too bent to enter the worlds bendiest thing completion .........
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:25 pm

On Football FFP.

If the premier League told UEAFA to shove their FFP rules, what exactly could they do? Ban us from European competitions?

Good. What would happen, is the Premier league would just get stronger since Europes top players will flock here due to the wages on offer. UEAFA would soon come begging to re-enter, because they would want their peice of the pie.

Foreign TV will pay even more cash to screen the premier league because all the top players will be in it and our clubs would be richer. Missed a trick with this one.

My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:49 pm

My Old Man wrote:On Football FFP.

If the premier League told UEAFA to shove their FFP rules, what exactly could they do? Ban us from European competitions?

Good. What would happen, is the Premier league would just get stronger since Europes top players will flock here due to the wages on offer. UEAFA would soon come begging to re-enter, because they would want their peice of the pie.

Foreign TV will pay even more cash to screen the premier league because all the top players will be in it and our clubs would be richer. Missed a trick with this one.

Very good point mate, shame that it will never happen, too many owners say how high when Fifa says jump.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:13 pm

And now twitter is going nuts linking us with Clark hunt, id guess based on nothing other than that post on VT.

Clark Hunt is worth around $5billion, owns the Kansas city chiefs and tried to buy west ham for £120million I'm 2010 and was rumoured to have made a bid for crystal palace a in 2012.
Jim
Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by R1chuk Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:16 pm

My Old Man wrote:

Lerner wants out, so there is only one reason he would take off us the market. That was the one rumour.

The other was a cryptic message from a poster on VT whom is usually correct, about our trip to Texas. Its to blooming quiet for my liking, something is up, just a feeling.

Or Lerner, true to form, has failed again. This time to put a realistic price to the club, hoping that a better season will see the price go up so he can..........go again will the sale.

Actively wanting to sell something drives the price down.
R1chuk
R1chuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:24 pm

If Lerner has changed his mind and has decided to give it another go, he has already made one almighty fuck up.
Thinking he would be gone, he left Lambert in charge.

So, we now seem to be stuck with both of them, because as sure as shit stinks, Lerner will not sack lambert now.
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:25 pm

Jim wrote:And now twitter is going nuts linking us with Clark hunt, id guess based on nothing other than that post on VT.

Clark Hunt is worth around $5billion, owns the Kansas city chiefs and tried to buy west ham for £120million I'm 2010 and was rumoured to have made a bid for crystal palace a in 2012.

and he was born in Dallas!

Coinkydink? probably...
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:46 pm

What has the message said on VT ?

I doubt Hunt has the spending power to get us anywhere further away then we are now unless we get Courtese on board

Still praying for a megga rich chap like City
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:48 pm

Wiki says he's worth 2 billion dollars. Not far of what Randy is currently worth
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:51 pm

Personal wealth of $2b, net worth of $5b.
Jim
Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Villarocks666 Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:52 pm

My Old Man wrote:

what was the actual cryptic message?
Villarocks666
Villarocks666

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:00 pm

Everyone gets hung up on pure numbers. Not getting into the truth of the link but that figure puts Clark Hunt at a similar wealth to John W Henry and Fenway SG, they haven't done too badly!

It's how you spend it not just how much...
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 43 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:02 pm

I remember some months back someone theorising about Clark Hunt & Anschutz going in together for Villa - I remember thinking that it seemed reasonably well thought out but I can't remember why or even where I read it. Interesting that one of those names has raised its (his) head again...
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 44 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44  Next