The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Have you renewed your season ticket?

+13
The Utterer
kimbo
TimVilla
VillaBill
CJVilla
mickeywya
GodzoneVilla
Villa_Dan
villashrew
Green Villan
CI
Finn07
Gordonsleftboot
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Season ticket renewal ?

Have you renewed your season ticket? I_vote_lcap45%Have you renewed your season ticket? I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 13 ]
Have you renewed your season ticket? I_vote_lcap24%Have you renewed your season ticket? I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 7 ]
Have you renewed your season ticket? I_vote_lcap31%Have you renewed your season ticket? I_vote_rcap 31% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 29

Have you renewed your season ticket? Empty Have you renewed your season ticket?

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:31 am

Interesting to see how many posters have decided to renew or are waiting until the club are sold?

Back to top Go down

Have you renewed your season ticket? Empty Re: Have you renewed your season ticket?

Post by Gordonsleftboot Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:45 am

No, not renewed. After 45+ years of support, its time to draw a line. I love the club but refuse to pay good money to be made a mug of. If the owner doesn't care, then why should we continue to pay good money?

I know many will say 'You're not a true fan then' but after 45 odd years of support, I cannot remember a worse period than the last 3 or 4 years. RL is the worst thing to happen to this great club. You can talk about initial investment as much as you like, but when the taps are turned off it is all wasted.

He bought the club for £64m and now has little to show for it. True price now is probably nearer to £100m that £200m. The best players have gone, taking their values with them.

Lambert, in my view, is going beyond the call of duty - probably because there is a promise somewhere or at least the opportunity to show he will stick with a club to attract a new club. However he deserves support.

Lerner needs to be told, and understand, that his actions are threatening the existence of a great club and one he said he would protect and nuture. My faith in him as a business man is below nil. How else can I show how I feel?
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

Have you renewed your season ticket? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Have you renewed your season ticket? Empty Re: Have you renewed your season ticket?

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:10 am

Gordonsleftboot wrote:No, not renewed. After 45+ years of support, its time to draw a line. I love the club but refuse to pay good money to be made a mug of. If the owner doesn't care, then why should we continue to pay good money?

I know many will say 'You're not a true fan then' but after 45 odd years of support, I cannot remember a worse period than the last 3 or 4 years. RL is the worst thing to happen to this great club. You can talk about initial investment as much as you like, but when the taps are turned off it is all wasted.

He bought the club for £64m and now has little to show for it. True price now is probably nearer to £100m that £200m. The best players have gone, taking their values with them.

Lambert, in my view, is going beyond the call of duty - probably because there is a promise somewhere or at least the opportunity to show he will stick with a club to attract a new club. However he deserves support.

Lerner needs to be told, and understand, that his actions are threatening the existence of a great club and one he said he would protect and nuture. My faith in him as a business man is below nil. How else can I show how I feel?

Totally agree, excellent post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:12 am

If i was still at home i would not be renewing either, no chance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Finn07 Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:29 pm

It's business, get used to it. Football sold it's soul when it told the rest of the league to FO and took the Murdoch doller.
Finn07

Back to top Go down

Post by CI Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:30 pm

We've renewed . We must be mental.
CI
CI

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:36 pm

Never had a season ticket but gone down on a match by match basis because of health issues but if I was fit and healthy I wouldn't consider a season ticket until the board and their remnants have gone. I feel for those poor souls that re-new out of habit and go down like Villa is church and I salute them, it must be tough. Hopefully better things to come for us long suffering Villa fans. UTV
Green Villan
Green Villan

Have you renewed your season ticket? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by CI Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:46 pm

I will viagogo the big games to reduce cost plus the 2 home games in August as I will be in the Med.
CI
CI

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:49 am

Nope, not for 3 1/2 years now and don't regret making the decision one bit, Eck was the last straw for me with Lerner.
villashrew
villashrew

Have you renewed your season ticket? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:30 am

I've renewed, even convinced the missus to get herself one for the first time ever (based on the fact it'll save us money compared to buying her every bloody home match ticket one-by-one)
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Have you renewed your season ticket? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:09 am

Gordonsleftboot wrote:No, not renewed. After 45+ years of support, its time to draw a line. I love the club but refuse to pay good money to be made a mug of. If the owner doesn't care, then why should we continue to pay good money?

That is one of the best posts I have read for a while -

I am not in a position to renew anymore, but if I lived in the UK still, I wouldn't renew until Lerner had gone. And big business or not there are ways to make fans feel like part of the club. At present we are treated as inconsequential.
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:02 pm

Iv never owned a season ticket and i don't think i ever would. I enjoy the occasional game a season, but i much prefer watching them down the pub. Love Villa to bits but live football on a regular basis doesn't do it for me.
mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by CJVilla Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:15 pm

Understand to a degree Gordonsleftboot but owners,managers and players come and go, the only constant is us, the support. this is my 51st season of following what I believe to be the greatest club, not team admittedly, in the world with arguably some of the best fans around. Given all this, and yes I have renewed my ST, I could not walk away from attending the games, it would be akin to walking away from an old friend when times are hard they were in trouble.....I can' t do it.
CJVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:53 pm

Ive renewed , last year was very hard viewing , but I love going to Villa Park ! UTV
VillaBill
VillaBill

Have you renewed your season ticket? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by TimVilla Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:33 pm

I renewed, but then I always renew. So the 10% back was brill!

But it does get harder to find the motivation to go, sometimes. Whenever I go, I meet up with mates, have a few beers, etc. without that, I would have given up years ago!
TimVilla

Have you renewed your season ticket? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:57 pm

My last one was MON's last season, due to being made redundant I stopped, and not had one since. We've been a bit shit during that period, so I pretty much blame myself.

Sorry. Sorry everyone. Very sorry.
kimbo
kimbo

Have you renewed your season ticket? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:59 pm

kimbo wrote:My last one was MON's last season, due to being made redundant I stopped, and not had one since. We've been a bit shit during that period, so I pretty much blame myself.

Sorry. Sorry everyone. Very sorry.

My favourite MON season mate, had some smashing times up Aston with fellow Villans.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:50 am

I was a season ticket holder for decades from the early 80's glory years onwards until work commitments made it unviable in the late 90's. Since then it's been pretty much downhill all the way so far as Villa are concerned with two chairmen who have severely lacked the drive & ambition, apart from a fleeting attempt by Lerner inititally for a couple of seasons for which i thank him. I was on the verge of buying one at that time but sadly just as i was about to MON walked and Houllier arrived so i held off and since then it's been a horror show. I would genuinely love to buy one again as now i run my own business and have the time flexibility which would make it possible to enjoy a season ticket properly once more.... if i thought i was going to have more good days than bad days i would get one but I refuse at the moment until i feel the club can show some true ambition.. Until then i too will pick & choose games. I want to be entertained when i watch Villa and have an enjoyable day out...not be embarrassed and have my weekend completely ruined when i visit Villa Park as has been the case far too often in recent times. One thing i despise is settling for mediocrity through a lack of ambition. There is NEVER an excuse for it in my opinion..if you don't have the funds, find new ways to get investment, if you don't know how to do that then get someone in who does. The depths this club has fallen to are shocking and until new owners come in and prove they are serious i wont be wasting my money. I do tip my hat to those who go through sheer loyalty though as i did as a home & away every gamer for many many seasons including on European adventures and to games away at places like Plymouth & Notts County on freezing cold winter nights. But my duty on that score is done & i have a young family to support too now...Maybe once they've grown up  Laughing 

The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by sligolion Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:51 am

Renewed for my 55th season.Travel from the west of Ireland for every home game and about 70% of away games.Travel with some good friends and we have plenty of banter with the wolves fans that travel from Dublin.Although the football has been dire quite often. The arsenal away and a few others give plenty to smile about on the way back.there are times when you doubt your sanity but as the man a few blogs back said...it a religion almost...but a great one...ASTON VILLA ..may they last forever.
sligolion

Back to top Go down

Post by TimVilla Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:57 am

sligolion wrote:Renewed for my 55th season.Travel from the west of Ireland for every home game and about 70% of away games.Travel with some good friends and we have plenty of banter with the wolves fans that travel from Dublin.Although the football has been dire quite often. The arsenal away and a few others give plenty to smile about on the way back.there are times when you doubt your sanity but as the man a few blogs back said...it a religion almost...but a great one...ASTON VILLA ..may they last forever.

That's brilliant! How many of you come across?
TimVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:09 am

sligolion wrote:Renewed for my 55th season.Travel from the west of Ireland for every home game and about 70% of away games.Travel with some good friends and we have plenty of banter with the wolves fans that travel from Dublin.Although the football has been dire quite often. The arsenal away and a few others give plenty to smile about on the way back.there are times when you doubt your sanity but as the man a few blogs back said...it a religion almost...but a great one...ASTON VILLA ..may they last forever.

Fantastic stuff -  cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by sligolion Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:47 pm

TimVilla wrote:

That's brilliant! How many of you come across?
it depends as there are a fair few casuals but there normally around a dozen regulars flying from dublin then theres a few from cork and belfast.
sligolion

Back to top Go down

Post by TimVilla Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:50 pm

Well I fly from Germany and it would be brill to link up with you for a pint. I'll bring my Dad and I would say there aren't many like him inasmuchas he has seen us win the FA Cup and European Cup - live!
TimVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by sligolion Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:33 pm

TimVilla wrote:Well I fly from Germany and it would be brill to link up with you for a pint. I'll bring my Dad and I would say there aren't many like him inasmuchas he has seen us win the FA Cup and European Cup - live!
like your Dad I was lucky enough to see us win everything.Cup Final was memorable because my dad had to lift me up all the game to be able to see.The other thing I remember about was the Sports Argus changing the paper colour away from pink for that edition.
sligolion

Back to top Go down

Have you renewed your season ticket? Empty No chance

Post by erdingtonb24 Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:47 pm

I've had season tickets for 30+years can drive to vp in 15 minutes and money not an issue. Have not renewed for 3 years and won't till Lerner is gone.Can get tickets for away games so I will go to them .
erdingtonb24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next