The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

You are not fooling me Paul Lambert

+6
pooligan
Trotters
villashrew
helpie
RichRunner
HH 8166
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

You are not fooling me Paul Lambert - Page 2 Empty Re: You are not fooling me Paul Lambert

Post by HH 8166 Sun May 25, 2014 10:59 am

Trotters wrote:A manager can make the most of what he has or make the worst of it. Yes, we had some pretty average players but the performances were way below average.

Every time Lambert stumbled upon a vaguely successful formula, he changed it. Every time he was under pressure to pull a rabbit out of a hat, he just threw as many strikers on the pitch as he had available to him.

He stayed in his office and let others do the coaching whilst he just scoured the internet for players.

In summation, he's a ten year old playing FIFA 14...on the odd occasion, the footballing Gods are going to smile on you and get you a result but invariably, you're going to get the results you deserve. And that's precisely what happened.

I asked someone on Facebook who was in full blown defence of Lambert to name one team in any of the 4 football leagues - just one - that he'd be so supremely confident in Villa beating that he'd bet his house on it. Reminding him of our cup exits, he begrudgingly admitted that there wasn't one. And had we been unfortunate enough to have met Blues in any of the cup matches (that's the same Blues that have not won a game at home in 7 months) I'd have not been able to watch.

Lambert, under the direction of Lerner, has ripped the heart, soul and character out of Aston Villa. We are not even a shadow of the club we should be. We read so often of players who come to Villa being surprised at what a truly massive club we are. Yet we've not acted like it for such a long, long time.

And Lambert has managed us with no respect for what the fans expect - his comments on the FA Cup sum up his (and the boards) total lack of understanding as to what Aston Villa is all about.

Shame, shame, shame.

I totally agree Troy and what I loathe most about this whole administration is the constant excuse management, constant down talking the club, the self preservation, the cover ups and back tracking to cover inadequacies and incompetence which leads to huge apathy and a huge inferiority complex. They've ripped the heart and soul out of the club and it makes my blood boil!
New owner(s) have to correct that by installing people to the power seats that have Aston Villa in their DNA.. That will never allow this to happen again.. UTV
HH 8166

You are not fooling me Paul Lambert - Page 2 0_star10

http://www.fortereliablecare.co.uk www.forteluxurycarhire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

You are not fooling me Paul Lambert - Page 2 Empty Re: You are not fooling me Paul Lambert

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 1:07 pm

Ian Taylor has to be on any new board for me. Now that is Villa DNA of the highest order. That man would never let the club get into this mess again.

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Sun May 25, 2014 2:16 pm

PDC Lion wrote:Ian Taylor has to be on any new board for me. Now that is Villa DNA of the highest order. That man would never let the club get into this mess again.

Know Tayls well and you are correct.. He would be an excellent addition.. He has offered to help Lerner but it's never been accepted..
HH 8166

http://www.fortereliablecare.co.uk www.forteluxurycarhire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun May 25, 2014 3:38 pm

A lot of the problems at villa come down to, (for want of a better word) linkage.

There's no link between the working parts of Villa. The CEO seems good with restaurants but not with football. The manager seems disconnected with his coaches. The coaches have no connection with the players. The social media people don't have a link to reality and the club on the whole don't have a link to the fans.

And the owner doesn't seem to have a link to anything at all!

The people who should bind this club together just don't exist. Ian Taylor could provide the club with a genuine insight as to how the fans feel, what they expect and what they'll tolerate whilst those expectations are in the process of being met.
Trotters
Trotters

You are not fooling me Paul Lambert - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 9:05 pm

HH 8166 wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:Ian Taylor has to be on any new board for me. Now that is Villa DNA of the highest order. That man would never let the club get into this mess again.

Know Tayls well and you are correct.. He would be an excellent addition.. He has offered to help Lerner but it's never been accepted..
And that makes Lerner an even bigger fool.

Back to top Go down

Post by RichRunner Mon May 26, 2014 1:23 pm

Trotters wrote: the club on the whole don't have a link to the fans.

The club does have a link through those "supporters consultation events" but they are a total sham.

The last one was more concerned with discussing whether or not to put cup holders in seats and whether chicken and mushroom pies were going to make a comeback. Whoever takes over this club MUST rethink this avenue of dialogue as it is not mutually beneficial.
RichRunner
RichRunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon May 26, 2014 3:56 pm

I will laugh my arse off if the new owner has a friend that is a Sergeant Major. He won't have as much respect as a General but my God, he'd go off like a fire-cracker! Very Happy
Trotters
Trotters

You are not fooling me Paul Lambert - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by pooligan Mon May 26, 2014 10:57 pm

Oh yes the General,who soon disappeared when the going got tough  Very Happy 
pooligan

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Lamp Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:45 pm

pooligan wrote:Oh yes the General,who soon disappeared when the going got tough  Very Happy 

Has anyone heard from his son lately? He used to appear on another forum which I regularly use.
Colin Lamp
Colin Lamp

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:45 am

Colin Lamp wrote:
pooligan wrote:Oh yes the General,who soon disappeared when the going got tough  Very Happy 

Has anyone heard from his son lately? He used to appear on another forum which I regularly use.

He is not in the loop - randy is playing his cards very close to his chest on this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2