The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

chris herd

+21
Jim
TheLeftSide
NilLampteyIsPele
mickeywya
any82
JohnJones
Roncrete
holtehero
Since75
Frank Black
VillaBill
Diablo
switters
JavvieSmalls
heystally!
Villa_Dan
Huntsman
whiteensign
Andy_Villa
Leighton
H0ltender
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

chris herd - Page 3 Empty Re: chris herd

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 10:54 am

It also debunks the other rumour going round. So what the hell is going on?

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:19 pm

According to FM2014 his contract is up this summer but he wasn't on the released list with Albrighton and Delfouneso?

I still think Grant Holt ate him.
mickeywya

chris herd - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NilLampteyIsPele Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:17 am

He is on the retained list... so he's not been sacked or released. Too many creative imaginations.
NilLampteyIsPele

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLeftSide Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:45 am

I recognised him recently on a flight, but only confirmed it when I got home and looked him up. To be fair I'm glad I didn't ask him as if he is off for personal reasons then last thing he needs is some stranger quizzing him, so sorry I have no useful info :-).

He, his wife and daughter sat behind me, and I've got to say that for the 24 hours or so I saw him he seemed like the absolute doting, devoting father. He came across as a nice guy to talk to, so too his wife, who I've since found out is a model and his daughter was beautiful, can't remember how old now but think she was 6 months (just smiled and slept whole flight).

So no info other than to say he seemed a good guy, had a new family so rumours of him running off to Portugal are wide if the mark.
TheLeftSide
TheLeftSide

Back to top Go down

Post by switters Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:05 pm

mickeywya wrote:According to FM2014 his contract is up this summer but he wasn't on the released list with Albrighton and Delfouneso?

his contract runs til next summer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16290364
switters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:28 pm

Whatever was up, I just hope it ain't too serious and that he gets whatever it is sorted. He looked decent enough under McLeish but hasn't really had a look in since.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:34 pm

Farrell_10 wrote:Whatever was up, I just hope it ain't too serious and that he gets whatever it is sorted. He looked decent enough under McLeish but hasn't really had a look in since.

this, better defensive midfielder option than sylla or KEA for me
Jim
Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:28 pm

TheLeftSide wrote:I recognised him recently on a flight, but only confirmed it when I got home and looked him up. To be fair I'm glad I didn't ask him as if he is off for personal reasons then last thing he needs is some stranger quizzing him, so sorry I have no useful info :-).

He, his wife and daughter sat behind me, and I've got to say that for the 24 hours or so I saw him he seemed like the absolute doting, devoting father. He came across as a nice guy to talk to, so too his wife, who I've since found out is a model and his daughter was beautiful, can't  remember how old now but think she was 6 months (just smiled and slept whole flight).

So no info other than to say he seemed a good guy, had a new family so rumours of him running off to Portugal are wide if the mark.

On a flight to Australia by any chance? Just in time to start recording Master Chef (under a false name) by any chance? Good luck to him, I hope he wins (he might already be eliminated for all I know Wink )
whiteensign
whiteensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:06 pm

lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Hornso Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:04 am

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2014/06/30/hungry-herd-gets-helping-hand

[quote="HUNGRY HERD GETS A HELPING HAND
Chris Herd - one of just four Australians in the first team squad of a Premier League club - has turned to his ex-pro dad to help whip him into shape for the most important season of his career.

Willie Herd, who spent 13 seasons in Scotland’s top flight with Falkirk and Partick Thistle, has been honing the fitness of the injury-jinxed Aston Villa defender in one-on-one sessions at the club's Bodymoor Heath training base in a bid to help the Perth-born would-be Socceroo get his career back on track as he enters the final year of his deal with the Midlands club.  

A succession of injuries and an in-house issue with the Villa hierachy last season left the versatile Herd, 25, with just two first team appearances and with it all to prove to coach Paul Lambert - in what is shaping as a make-or-break season.  

Lauded as one of Villa's brightest prospects in a breakthrough 2011-2012 season, Herd - who made his initial impact as holding midfielder - has been beset by setbacks over the past two years but, according to dad Willie, is primed to burst back to his best.  

A winger in his playing days, Herd snr, 54, said of his two-month trip to the UK: "Chris is looking lean and hungry and, after all the injuries over the past couple of years, it's almost like him starting from scratch again.  "He obviously had an issue with the club last year but that has been sorted and he is looking forward, rather than back. "Villa gave us the run of their facilities and we worked on a lot of things, from general fitness to ball work.  "I've kept up with the coaching side of things since quitting the game as a player and I wanted to do my bit to pass on what I know to help Chris hit the ground running in what is a big season for his career.  "We started off training at just a local park in Birmingham and then headed to Villa's training base. He also did gym work and pool work.  "Football is a marathon and not a sprint. And for Chris it will now all be about maturity kicking in.  "In the past he's sometimes been a bit over eager to impress and has been playing at a 100 miles an hour.  "My message has been about pacing himself more and channelling his aggression a little bit ... maybe a case of using his head as much as his body to make things happen on the pitch."  

Despite just 171 minutes of game time last season, Herd was named in Australia's squad to face Ecuador in London in March after coach Ange Postecoglou went to meet him in Birmingham.  But he pulled out at the eleventh hour for “personal reasons”, with Alex Wilkinson - who went on to partner Mathew Spiranovic at the World Cup at the back for Australia - taking his place.  It was Postecoglou's intention to give Herd every opportunity to make his squad to Brazil but his extended absence from Villa's squad ultimately precluded that.  The door for the 2015 AFC Asian Cup remains ajar for Herd, who is still awaiting his first cap after injuries rubbed him out of a succession of squads for his country.  However, his dad insisted his top priority is to regain his starting spot at Villa and put his injury issues behind him.  "The message to him when he met Ange was that if he was playing he would have been involved in pre-World Cup camp but it wasn't to be," he said.  "The most important thing for him is do well for his club and make up for lost time. If that happens, I can't see why Ange won't look at him again.  "I think there's a lot more to come from him in terms of development. He won't reach his peak for another three years and he still has a lot to learn.  "Hopefully, given the opportunity, he will take it again, as he did three seasons back.  In that season Herd made 19 appearances for Villa in a variety of roles including fullback, centre back and midfield.  "It's all about getting games under his belt and I think you will see a much improved player emerge," Willie said.  "He's had some bad luck with injuries. Basically one after another... it's incredible.  "But hopefully that's all behind him now.""][/quote]
Hornso
Hornso

Back to top Go down

Post by erdingtonb24 Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:23 pm

Hope to see Chris back soon always liked his aggression,the whole Portugal thing is cobblers ,as are the reasons given for other"issues "at Bodymoor ,I'm sure it will out in time .Keano is gonna be busy.
erdingtonb24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:53 pm

erdingtonb24 wrote:Hope to see Chris back soon always liked his aggression,the whole Portugal thing is cobblers ,as are the reasons given for other"issues "at Bodymoor ,I'm sure it will out in time .Keano is gonna be busy.
Very busy mate. Looking forward to tomorrow morning when he takes the first training session. Kick some bloody arse he will.

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:00 am

PDC Lion wrote:
erdingtonb24 wrote:Hope to see Chris back soon always liked his aggression,the whole Portugal thing is cobblers ,as are the reasons given for other"issues "at Bodymoor ,I'm sure it will out in time .Keano is gonna be busy.
Very busy mate. Looking forward to tomorrow morning when he takes the first training session. Kick some bloody arse he will.

Me personally, i'm all for that, but unfortunately the modern footballer isn't and like I have said before, he does have a habit of losing the dressing rooms!! That said, I suspect that our's has already been lost somewhat!!!
whiteensign
whiteensign

Back to top Go down

Post by A.V.F.C Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:57 am

I liked Herd in the McLeish season, think he should have got player of the season over Stephen fucking Ireland. He's not as awful as people make out, he could do a job for us in midfield, I don't think he's any worse than Sylla.

I hope he gets himself right and can get his career on track, though I'd say that career being with us is v.unlikely.
A.V.F.C

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:05 am

I don't think i'm any worse than Sylla, and I have 2 left feet Wink

I'm another Herd rater though, always puts a shift in and versatile, good to have in the squad!!!
whiteensign
whiteensign

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:55 pm

Herd has only let us down when played out of position in defence. I think he could be a respectable holding midfielder.

'I don't think he's any worse than Sylla.' is certainly damning him with faint praise.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3