The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Darren Bent

+28
mordecai
Elagabalus
Leafs1201
Dek of Villa
Morpheus
Southern Villan
Andy_Villa
mefromhere
cgale
Finn07
Green Villan
My Old Man
kimbo
Diablo
Trotters
Morgan Villa
marcxc1983
villashrew
switters
JavvieSmalls
birchy7
Aesorian
Roncrete
prmort
heystally!
Denis_B
Vasher
Holte139
32 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Darren Bent - Page 2 Empty Re: Darren Bent

Post by marcxc1983 Sat May 17, 2014 12:39 pm

Farrell_10 wrote:Newcastle are mental:

from the metro wrote:Darren Bent is wanted by Newcastle United (Picture: Getty Images)
Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has set his sights on Aston Villa outcast Darren Bent.

The Magpies chief is desperate to land a striker this summer to replace Loic Remy, who looks set to join Arsenal.

Pardew had hoped to keep Remy, who enjoyed a fine season on Tyneside on-loan from QPR and notched 14 league goals in 24 starts.

Newcastle to hand Villa's Darren Bent Premier League lifeline
Newcastle United’s Loic Remy wants to play Champions League football next season (Picture: AP Photo)
But Arsenal’s interest scuppered those plans, with the Frenchman revealing his desire of playing Champions League football.

Pardew has previously tried to sign Bent on two occasions and reckons he can get the best out of the 30-year-old who has been told he can leave Aston Villa by boss Paul Lambert.

The former England striker cost Villa £24m in 2011 and, despite scoring 21 league goals in 54 outings, spent last season out on loan at relegated Fulhaam
They always seem to take other peoples cast offs! Ex Sunderland as well who's past his best, That's like us signing Marlon King or Zigic
marcxc1983
marcxc1983

Darren Bent - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Sat May 17, 2014 1:26 pm

He got stitched up by Us. We signed him with a great supply coming from Young and Downing. We then took on AM and this ruined his career due to the tactics not suiting his style of play. I feel this has happened to Ireland, CNZ, Bent and even Hutton all attacking possession type players stuck in defensive and counter attacking formations
Morgan Villa

Darren Bent - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 17, 2014 1:35 pm

I agree Morgan. I asked Howard a few weeks ago if he thought we only signed Bent because of the Milner cash and the fact that the deal to sell Young was more or less done. He replied that I was probably right to come to that conclusion.

Just sums up how crazy Villa has been these past few years. Buying a luxury poacher who thrives on supply from the 'worker bees' so to speak only to then sell that supply line. Under McLeish and Lambert we have needed forwards who have an all around game because our midfield was decimated by all the sales. Crazy, crazy stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat May 17, 2014 1:59 pm

Stitched up? Oh poor Dawwen Benty Wenty and his £3.4 million a year for doing 2/5th of 1/3rd of fuck all other than be a housebrick.

I wish someone would stitch me up like that.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Sat May 17, 2014 2:41 pm

Trotters wrote:Stitched up? Oh poor Dawwen Benty Wenty and his £3.4 million a year for doing 2/5th of 1/3rd of fuck all other than be a housebrick.

I wish someone would stitch me up like that.

I a, not looking at the financial side of his earnings just his career. I think the signings i have mentioned are a demonstration of the circles we have been running around in the last few seasons due to inept management from the board level down. We spent £24m on a player who relies heavily on supply and took away his supply line, if the truth be known we have been stitching ourselves up even more.

We dont seem to have a speciific player in mind when entering the transfer marlet we always seem to be like that in the hope pf hitting the jackpot, Darren Bent is a prime example of this
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat May 17, 2014 2:44 pm

He never struck me as a player who valued his career as much as what his career could get him.

Money - check.
Fame - check.
Bonking birds he shouldn't be - check, check, checkity check.

I reckon football was just a means to an end and he's got all he needs.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Sat May 17, 2014 2:51 pm

Trotters wrote:He never struck me as a player who valued his career as much as what his career could get him.

Money - check.
Fame - check.
Bonking birds he shouldn't be - check, check, checkity check.

I reckon football was just a means to an end and he's got all he needs.

You are probably right but if AM played with wingers or even used Hutton correctly we would have got more out of Bent goal wise. His record is still very good even if his stats make for terrible reading.

Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesorian Sat May 17, 2014 3:18 pm

I agree to an extent Morgan, but Hutton is, was and always will be a bloody awful player.

Bent is a house brick player, but he makes his space well to his credit and with the right players around him he could of been our first 20-a-season striker since Angel, but sadly neither he nor any manager who inherited him, could adapt him to their play style.

That said, I'd bite Newcastle's hand off if they offer for him. He doesn't do enough outside of goal scoring for me personally.
Aesorian
Aesorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Sat May 17, 2014 3:23 pm

Aesorian wrote:I agree to an extent Morgan, but Hutton is, was and always will be a bloody awful player.

Bent is a house brick player, but he makes his space well to his credit and with the right players around him he could of been our first 20-a-season striker since Angel, but sadly neither he nor any manager who inherited him, could adapt him to their play style.

That said, I'd bite Newcastle's hand off if they offer for him. He doesn't do enough outside of goal scoring for me personally.

He is a terrible defender, but going forward he is not that bad, he can pass and cross, its his tackling that is dreadful or should i say hacking
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo Sat May 17, 2014 4:21 pm

JavvieSmalls wrote:Not for me. I'd rather we took a chance on Helenius or Bowery.

65k+ a week? No ta, get rid.
Eh? :shock: 
Diablo
Diablo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 12:59 am

Don't think Newcastle are that daft. We ruined him.

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun May 18, 2014 1:39 am

His goalscoring ability meant he should have played for a real top club. But like Defoe, he didn't have enough about him, and Spurs were as good as it got for both. Frankly, both were ousted from their first team when they tried to improve themselves, because neither of them offer enough outside the box. It sums up the sorry state of England's attacking players that they both got as many caps as they did (along with Heskey)

At best he could be a super sub for us when we're chasing the game, but I am sure his ego wouldn't allow that, so hopefully there is truth in the Newcastle rumours
kimbo
kimbo

Darren Bent - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 1:44 am

That kind of goal hanger is not really what top clubs are looking for. The likes of Aguero or Van Persie are the level of players they can attract and they have the same finishing quality combined with greater all-round capabilities (= more goals for the rest of the team). Bent has probably came onto the scene twenty years too late for a player like him. The days of what Trotters calls a 'housebrick player' are gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by JavvieSmalls Sun May 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Diablo wrote:
JavvieSmalls wrote:Not for me. I'd rather we took a chance on Helenius or Bowery.

65k+ a week? No ta, get rid.

JavvieSmalls
JavvieSmalls

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sun May 18, 2014 6:52 pm

Nigel Lowe wrote:Don't think Newcastle are that daft. We ruined him.

Not sure that is true.

He ended up in the reserves at Spuds, started well at Sunderland then that went sour, came to us and did a Sunderland, loaned him to Fulham and again...was dropped.

The guy was a natural, but something in the above tells me that he never really wanted it enough. He also comes with a reputation of being a sulker if he does not get his own way.

I remember when Lambert brought him on at Fulham a couple of seasons back, and the team seemed to be very reluctant to give him the ball. Well, thats how it seemed to me and a few others. Basicly, if somebody ruined his career then its Darren himself.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Darren Bent - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:57 pm

Since Bent is going to be part of the team next season I think if we are going to get anything out of the lad we're going to have to play him with a strike partner up top, lone striker I don't think he is suited.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:03 pm

I think we should get Ashley Young back :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Fergal wrote:I think we should get Ashley Young back :)

with you 1,000,000,000% I was gutted when Ash left was even more gutted and angry at that dive and penalty for Manure but I'm willing to forgive him.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Finn07 Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:55 pm

Stellar Football Ltd (bent's agent) offering him around @£8m+?
Finn07

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:08 pm

Finn07 wrote:Stellar Football Ltd (bent's agent) offering him around @£8m+?

Be good if we get that for him tranfer markt have him listed @ £4.4m
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:39 pm

Good player who has been ruined by the change in the "popular formation" that everybody just has to play. Play him off a Kozak/Benteke and you'll get goals out of him. Even more so with N'Zogbia and maybe Cole playing on the wings too.
mefromhere
mefromhere

Darren Bent - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Finn07 Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:53 pm

Inc add on's
Finn07

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy_Villa Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:58 pm

He is a goalscorer. I never understood loaning him out & then loaning in Grant fucking Holt...

Both lazy, but at least with Bent you get pace, finishing & goals... With Holt, all you get is divots in the grass from his waddling about...

Utterly bizarre...
Andy_Villa
Andy_Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:15 pm

Andy_Villa wrote:He is a goalscorer. I never understood loaning him out & then loaning in Grant fucking Holt...

Both lazy, but at least with Bent you get pace, finishing & goals... With Holt, all you get is divots in the grass from his waddling about...

Utterly bizarre...
you missed out the opposition players he bulldozed which is what he was probably there to do !
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Villan Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:45 am

Unfortunately I think he is done with football in general. Agree that losing his supply line was beginning if the end. But now he is married, has a kid, one year of £65k to go... I think mentally he had moved on.

I am also concerned that the same goes for NZog, in that mentally he is just not up for the challenge any more, because of behind the scenes treatment by PL, but hope I am wrong on that
Southern Villan
Southern Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next