The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

What is killing the game for you?

3 posters

Go down

What is killing the game for you? Empty What is killing the game for you?

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 12:32 pm

I have spoken to a lot of people who have fallen out of love with football. They only keep an interest going because they support a team, like Villa Sad.
Have you started to dislike the game? What is killing it for you?

Back to top Go down

What is killing the game for you? Empty Re: What is killing the game for you?

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 1:13 pm

Stupid kick-off times don't help. Sure, sometimes they can work in your favour but I don't think any Monday 8pm is fun to attend.

Also the thought that a prick like Wayne Rooney can be earning receiving £300,000 a week pre-tax. Or a numpty like Stephen Ireland can be receiving £65000 a week for mostly turning up to training, and can do so for several years hence earning an amount doing this that would make the man in the street (a) financially secure for life, and (b) green with envy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 2:33 pm

Money. Money. Money.

Have I mentioned money? It all comes down to that. Even kick off times are a consequence of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 5:53 pm

SKY enough said

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 5:59 pm

PDC Lion wrote:SKY enough said
I don't think Sky is the real problem it's the Bosman ruling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy No Mates Thu May 01, 2014 7:15 pm

Is that because of something to do with players contracts?
Billy No Mates

What is killing the game for you? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 7:48 pm

The 'big clubs' have such an in-built advantage. It got really bad from about 2002 onwards. Until that year I used to always think a Villa team could potentially go on to challenge for the title. It was around 2002 it just began to seem as though the clubs that were making the Champions League were just pulling too far ahead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 9:18 pm

Managers with crap tactics, all seater stadia, barmy Board Rooms, player power, UEFA.

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Sat May 03, 2014 9:09 am

whiteensign
whiteensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy_Villa Sat May 03, 2014 9:27 am

Money & all the corruption that entails...
Andy_Villa
Andy_Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Sat May 03, 2014 10:15 am

In no particular order.
* Hipster fans. How can start following a team because they're fashionable?? At Redditch United we have all these idiots off the reddit forum following us, not one has actually turned up at the Valley Stadium though and gave some money to the club!!
* Glory hunting fans. I know loads of good Man Utd fans who go to most games, including around europe, but there is an entire generation of them now who've only ever known success, and their reaction to this season has been pathetic!! Do they know that Moyes actually won more games in his 51 than all their previous managers in their first 51 games, Ferguson, Atkinson, Docherty, Busby....etc etc..
* Money!!! Obviously money is ruining the game, when some teams have unlimited resources and others don't, it's not fair!!! Don't forget though, during our history, there has been a time when we've been the richest club in the world!!!
It was funny at first when Blackburn brought the league title, but now it's all moved onto another level, not funny anymore!!!
* MK Dons, who the fuck did they support before??? It looks like we dodged a bullet there though, I feared it might open the floodgates for more franchise teams over here and more clubs just upping sticks and moving!! Who remembers when the Kumars were selling Small Heath and Solihull Borough looked into buying them with a plan to change the name to Solihull Borough? That would've been ok though Wink
* Arsenal fans, without doubt the strangest i've ever come across, remember the reaction to the Eduardo chant, pathetic considering they like to make hissing noises at White Hart Lane!!! Not that I think it was the same Arsenal fans in both instances..If you get my drift!!!
* Liverpool fans!!! I'll love it when they don't win the league :)
* The press and their fucking arse licking of anything Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd... And the way they patronise any other teams!!!
* The Champions League, how ironic they change the name to The Champions League when they start letting 2nd, 3rd and 4th place teams enter!!
* The FA Cup. What a shame it's almost become worthless!!! We'll finally win it again and nobody will be bothered, even in 2000 when we got to the final and if we'd played half decent we would've beat Chelsea... Man Ure hadn't entered that season, so you know what would've been said!!!
* The 'On The Piss M'lord, It's your Round' chant being sung by chavy kids who never even seen him play!! It was a period I went to every game home and away (apart from Exeter away, but by chance God missed that one too Wink) and don't really remember them 2 being chanted, it was always Ooh Ahh Paul McGrath and Paul McGrath M'lord with the occasional God Is Playing M'lord, Number 5...
*** There's many more, but i'm getting too worked up, I need a rest Wink

Last edited by whiteensign on Sat May 03, 2014 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
whiteensign
whiteensign

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Sat May 03, 2014 10:19 am

* Badiel and Skinner and Euro '96, ruined following England, people started turning up with faces painted and that band turned up, first time I remember was Katowice 1997!!!
whiteensign
whiteensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 1:41 pm

I've been to Old Trafford more times than every single ManUre fan I know.

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Sat May 03, 2014 11:18 pm

Ian wrote:I've been to Old Trafford more times than every single ManUre fan I know.

There used to be 2 coaches go from Redditch to every Man Ure home game, they had 80 season tickets!! In recent years that's been down to 1 coach though, and this season probably a mini bus Wink

Add to that all the Mancs in the navy (it's a myth that Manchester is blue, it's what the lesser team of a city do, blues, Man City, Sheff Utd...) and I actually know quite a lot who were regulars!!!

That said, I have probably been to Old Trafford more times than 95% of the Man Ure fans I know Wink
whiteensign
whiteensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy_Villa Sun May 04, 2014 9:21 am

I have been to more Villa youth games than every single Brummy & Devon red I know combined have ever been to...
Andy_Villa
Andy_Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down