The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Kendrick calls for change!

+24
Diablo
birchy7
villabromsgrove
AVFClee
tonyp
Ron Dalian
Bigger than Jesus
Since75
Trotters
Sceptical Villan
mordecai
Frank Leigh
HarryAVFC
thegaffer6
Thinman
Dek of Villa
The Great white walnut
Trezzy
Mr Jones
Andyh
Morpheus
jvilla
Alpe_DHuez
Elagabalus
28 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Kendrick calls for change! - Page 7 Empty Re: Kendrick calls for change!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:43 pm

Ian wrote:Happy with your response Frank, like you say if we'd been sat in the boozer you'd get a much better feel for things. And thanks for the apologies, great post.

Agreed.

As for managers, after reading about Moyes in the Man Yoo dressing room I really hope he doesn't end up at Villa.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:52 pm

Amistbah wrote:
Eastie wrote:
Amistbah wrote:But there is only one Villa fanzine still going! Who else could you have been talking about? Haven't seen a copy of Missing Sid or The Holy Trinity for years!

I have no gripes, just wondering why you don't think the only Villa fanzine left standing is not independent?

A fanzine I've spent 15 yrs subscribing to may I add - I think you have misunderstood , I'm not talking about fanzines - I'm saying we are a totally independent forum.

Hmmm.....your post coming straight after Mordecia's dig at H&V tells me different, but Chris has said leave it, so leave it I will.

Chris said leave it and you carried on. You're clearly struggling in a different environment than what you're used to elsewhere. I'd suggest that this place is not for you.
Trotters
Trotters

Kendrick calls for change! - Page 7 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by mordecai Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:56 pm

Amistbah wrote:But there is only one Villa fanzine still going! Who else could you have been talking about? Haven't seen a copy of Missing Sid or The Holy Trinity for years!

I have no gripes, just wondering why you don't think the only Villa fanzine left standing is not independent?

How can it be classed as independent when Paul Faulkner buys the editor of that fanzine a personalised Villa replica top?
mordecai
mordecai

Kendrick calls for change! - Page 7 0_star10

Location : BIGGGGGGG Issue, help the homeless to help themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:57 pm

I can see Lambert breaking our hearts in his press conference today. I think he will put the take over talks to bed. Randy has been over to speak to him
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Kendrick calls for change! - Page 7 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:10 pm

Mordecai, let's just park that ok?

This thread has strayed into territory that it never should have.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amistbah Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:10 pm

mordecai wrote:

How can it be classed as independent when Paul Faulkner buys the editor of that fanzine a personalised Villa replica top?

*EDIT* Feck it, you're not worth it.

Amistbah

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Jones Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:12 pm

Thought randy said no news until the season had finished?
Mr Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:14 pm

Amistbah wrote:
mordecai wrote:

Everybody has been asked to desist. I won't ask again.

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:18 pm

Only seen like 10 seconds of Lambert interview but he seemed pissed
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:20 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Only seen like 10 seconds of Lambert interview but he seemed pissed

As in pissed off or  Beer 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:20 pm

What lambert says about any takeover I'd take with a pinch of salt - lets get safe and time will tell.

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:22 pm

Haha. Ye Pissed off :)

I'm sure he will say Randy is great and he knows nothing about a take over

I'm just getting the sinking feeling they won't be going anywhere.
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by mordecai Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:29 pm

Amistbah wrote:
mordecai wrote:

I'll leave it at that, but it's the truth.
mordecai
mordecai

Back to top Go down

Post by BLDS Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:33 pm

"Paul Lambert talks about his future at Aston Villa"

Please no
BLDS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:36 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Haha. Ye Pissed off :)

I'm sure he will say Randy is great and he knows nothing about a take over

I'm just getting the sinking feeling they won't be going anywhere.

I wouldn't expect him to say anything other - cloaks and daggers my friend, cloaks and daggers :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:16 pm

BLDS wrote:"Paul Lambert talks about his future at Aston Villa"

Please no

I'm sure Moyes had an interview about his future at Man Utd a few days before he got the arse, too.
Trotters
Trotters

Kendrick calls for change! - Page 7 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:42 pm

Trotters wrote:
BLDS wrote:"Paul Lambert talks about his future at Aston Villa"

Please no

I'm sure Moyes had an interview about his future at Man Utd a few days before he got the arse, too.

Hopefully it will go something like:

"Now Paul, about your future at the Villa - there isn't one".
Thinman
Thinman

Kendrick calls for change! - Page 7 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by TJVillan Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:46 pm

Not sure if this is the right thread to say this, but has anyone been keeping track of our our U21 or U18 teams this season?

We have been "relegated" by finishing in the bottom half of the new Professional Development Under 21 League: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/barclays-u21-premier-league-tables.html?paramYouthStage=NATIONAL. The Top tier is being split into 2 sections next season and as a result our U21s will play in division 2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–14_Professional_U21_Development_League.

Not a major setback as I'm sure we can get promoted soon enough, but does it show a bit of a decline from the team crowned Champions of Europe? Grealish and Carruthers have gone on loan - but the likes of Watkins Webb Donacien Lewis Kinsella Burke Robinson Calder Graham have all been available, along with Johnson and Siegrist. Drennan has also been available for half the season. I'm not sure about the injury situation, but surely that squad should have had enough quality to be in the top 12?

I have seen a couple of games and the style has been worryingly similar to our first team - very direct, sometimes employing a 3-5-2. It seems to me that Lambert has a strong influence over the way they play. We're having a similarly poor season in the Under 18s, 7th in the South division of the top tier. We haven't had the distraction of the NextGen. We got knocked out of the new 'Under 21 Cup' in our first round and the FA Youth Cup in our second round, heavily defeated by Fulham and Liverpool respectively. Though Robinson has been called up lately, it's also not like our reserves have been missing regularly through call ups to the first team.

We have a strong, proud academy record. But is there a cause for concern here? The Academy Director Bryan Jones is retiring. Gordon Cowans has stepped up to look after the seniors. Should we be seriously looking into changes to our youth teams over the summer? Should this be taken as an opportunity to have a re-structure, particularly if new ownership arrives?
TJVillan
TJVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:49 pm

TJVillan wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread to say this, but has anyone been keeping track of our our U21 or U18 teams this season?

We have been "relegated" by finishing in the bottom half of the new Professional Development Under 21 League: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/barclays-u21-premier-league-tables.html?paramYouthStage=NATIONAL. The Top tier is being split into 2 sections next season and as a result our U21s will play in division 2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–14_Professional_U21_Development_League.

Not a major setback as I'm sure we can get promoted soon enough, but does it show a bit of a decline from the team crowned Champions of Europe? Grealish and Carruthers have gone on loan - but the likes of Watkins Webb Donacien Lewis Kinsella Burke Robinson Calder Graham have all been available, along with Johnson and Siegrist. Drennan has also been available for half the season. I'm not sure about the injury situation, but surely that squad should have had enough quality to be in the top 12?

I have seen a couple of games and the style has been worryingly similar to our first team - very direct, sometimes employing a 3-5-2. It seems to me that Lambert has a strong influence over the way they play. We're having a similarly poor season in the Under 18s, 7th in the South division of the top tier. We haven't had the distraction of the NextGen. We got knocked out of the new 'Under 21 Cup' in our first round and the FA Youth Cup in our second round, heavily defeated by Fulham and Liverpool respectively. Though Robinson has been called up lately, it's also not like our reserves have been missing regularly through call ups to the first team.

We have a strong, proud academy record. But is there a cause for concern here? The Academy Director Bryan Jones is retiring. Gordon Cowans has stepped up to look after the seniors. Should we be seriously looking into changes to our youth teams over the summer? Should this be taken as an opportunity to have a re-structure, particularly if new ownership arrives?

May be worth starting a new thread tj as it's an interesting subject.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:58 pm

Agreed.

Back to top Go down

Post by mordecai Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:39 pm

I hope the Villa replica shirt was worth it.
Thank you Mr Faulkner.
mordecai
mordecai

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:50 pm

"Guzan clearly wasn’t expecting the baldy midfielder to boldly control it"

That is pretty shocking journalism.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 12:17 pm

What's Kendrick been saying this week?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 4:07 pm

Fergal wrote:What's Kendrick been saying this week?

I  did a google search a few minutes ago and didn't find anything. I suspect a lot hinges on Saturday. Win, lose or draw and the future of the club will be debated and written about all of next week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 5:16 pm

Farrell_10 wrote:
Fergal wrote:What's Kendrick been saying this week?

I  did a google search a few minutes ago and didn't find anything. I suspect a lot hinges on Saturday. Win, lose or draw and the future of the club will be debated and written about all of next week.
is Admin around at all ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next