The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread

+14
Fpuppys
FoxyAV
VTID85
Dazzle
AstonThriller
Boldfinger
DelboyVilla
Army villain
deadbuzzardalive
De Kuip
avfc forever
achilles
Villa_Dan
Saunders82
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread Empty Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread

Post by Saunders82 Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:21 pm

This has banana skin written all over it, they would love nothing more than to throw a spanner in the works for us, thats the be all and end all of their season, time after time. It all depends if we are up for it.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread Empty Re: Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread

Post by Saunders82 Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:23 pm

Did you see how PC I was giving them their proper title, I don't want to be accused of bias.

Just hope we are up for it, lay down a marker with an early goal and smash the buggers. Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread 1520050566 Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread 1520050566
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread Empty Re: Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:45 pm

1-1

Shit game, typical derby I reckon
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:54 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:1-1

Shit game, typical derby I reckon

My take on it, glad when it is over and we can get on with the real thing!
achilles
achilles

Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:44 pm

I'm going for a 2-0 Villa win.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:47 pm

0-3 loss

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:52 pm

2-1 villa.
Saunders my old China, part of being a Villa fan is that you are SUPPOSED to be biased, that goes with the territory. Fucking blouse wankers.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:15 pm

De Kuip wrote:2-1 villa.
Saunders my old China, part of being a Villa fan is that you are SUPPOSED to be biased, that goes with the territory. Fucking blouse wankers.

Oh I am biased but try not to rub it in too much, they have a lot to contend with, its enough for me to know that they know we are the way better than them. lol! Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread 1520050566 Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread 1520050566
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:45 pm

For me what we mustn't do is get bogged down with cliches like 'form goes out of the window in a derby', or get drawn into physical battle at the expense of good football, just need to carry on as we have been. I've seen a few saying that we should bring in Tuanzebe, and Jedinak, to add steel, I wouldn't change a thing, we've won six in a row, no need to now bring in a load of defensive players, to combat birmingham city, our best bet is to take the game to them.

I'd take any kind of victory, but surely we're due a comfortable win.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:20 pm

An article from www.forebet.com highlighting our game on Sunday.

09 February 2018, 13:57
Aston Villa to continue undefeated streak
Aston Villa and Birmingham clash on Sunday in the Second City Derby. Aston Villa go into the fixture in third place in the Championship. A win and Derby loss, or draw, will see the Villains move into the automatic promotion places.

Meanwhile, Birmingham are at the other end of the table. The Blues are undefeated in their last three matches, however. The team's sudden improved form has led them away from the relegation zone as four points separate Birmingham from the drop currently.

Aston Villa head into the weekend fixture atop the Championship's form table. The Villains have won six of their last six matches scoring 14 goals and conceding a mere three. Only Fulham have scored more goals over their last six matches.

Leading scored Albert Adomah recently ended his barren spell in front of goal. The forward has tallied 12 goals this term. If he can get back to consistent goal scoring, Aston Villa will be difficult to stop from gaining automatic promotion. Adomah currently sits fifth in the Championship in goals scored.

Birmingham City struggled early on this term, however, the Blues have got things together recently. Birmingham have secured 13 of a possible 18 points. The team is fourth in the Championship form table. Birmingham haven't beaten Aston Villa in their last three Championship meetings, drawing twice and losing once. The team's renewed vigour under manager Steve Cotterill has led them to possible Championship survival. But will it be enough against their archrivals?

Despite the team's improvement, Birmingham are still a heavy underdog going into the Second City Derby. Birmingham have tallied the fewest goals in the league (22); and only average 0.7 goals per game. The team is a lacklustre -19 in goal differential. If the Blues are to get anything at Villa Park, it will most likely be a scoreless draw. Especially with the way Aston Villa's defence has performed lately.

Birmingham's leading scorer Sam Gallagher has tallied six goals this term. He has scored 27% of the team's goals in 2017-18. Jacques Maghoma has tallied four times, and without the duo, Birmingham would be far worse off in scoring than they currently are.

Forty-five percent of Birmingham's scoring has been done by just two players. It is a bad sign for a team that has failed repeatedly in front of goal this term.

History does not bode well for Birmingham heading into Sunday's game at Villa Park. Aston Villa have kept four straight clean sheets against Birmingham at home. In addition, Birmingham have lost five of their last six games at Villa Park. Aston Villa should continue their strong push to promotion and second place in the Championship isn't unrealistic.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:36 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:For me what we mustn't do is get bogged down with cliches like 'form goes out of the window in a derby', or get drawn into physical battle at the expense of good football, just need to carry on as we have been. I've seen a few saying that we should bring in Tuanzebe, and Jedinak, to add steel, I wouldn't change a thing, we've won six in a row, no need to now bring in a load of defensive players, to combat birmingham city, our best bet is to take the game to them.

I'd take any kind of victory, but surely we're due a comfortable win.

Spot on. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:41 pm

2-1 to villa , if we keep the same team,
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:11 pm

I know it's being pedantic but looking at that report pasted by Achilles- and I've no idea who forebet are, but whoever writes for them, it's Villans, not Villains you fucking ignorant tool. As if that's not bad enough the amount of Villa fans that seem to think it's Villains as well is pretty depressing.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:21 pm

De Kuip wrote:I know it's being pedantic but looking at that report pasted by Achilles- and I've no idea who forebet are, but whoever writes for them, it's Villans, not Villains you fucking ignorant tool. As if that's not bad enough the amount of Villa fans that seem to think it's Villains as well is pretty depressing.

Good mood today? lol!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:26 pm

De Kuip wrote:I know it's being pedantic but looking at that report pasted by Achilles- and I've no idea who forebet are, but whoever writes for them, it's Villans, not Villains you fucking ignorant tool. As if that's not bad enough the amount of Villa fans that seem to think it's Villains as well is pretty depressing.
Isn't there a fanzine called H&Villains?

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:14 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
Isn't there a fanzine called H&Villains?

Yes! Drumroll Please
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:01 pm

Reckon it will be streamed on FB?

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:51 pm

achilles wrote:

Good mood today? lol!

Haha yep hangover today. I do hope you realise I was calling the article author a tool and not you! Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread 226846862

On a more upbeat note I see the vicar of Aston church and Villa have agreed that as in years gone by the church bells will ring for an hour before match days. The bells are ringing, for the claret and blue Scarf Waving
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:03 pm

This match is now even more important after today's results, now we have a chance to go second. Essentially it's third v twentieth, so as long as we don't get sucked into a dogfight we should be alright.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:05 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:This match is now even more important after today's results, now we have a chance to go second. Essentially it's third v twentieth, so as long as we don't get sucked into a dogfight we should be alright.

Too true, if they needed anything more to gee them up then today was it, its all in our hands tomorrow. lets show them our class we need another Bristol City or Preston performance IMO. Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread 4025243045
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:17 pm

De Kuip wrote:
achilles wrote:

Good mood today? lol!

Haha yep hangover today. I do hope you realise I was calling the article author a tool and not you! Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread 226846862

On a more upbeat note I see the vicar of Aston church and Villa have agreed that as in years gone by the church bells will ring for an hour before match days. The bells are ringing, for the claret and blue Scarf Waving

Yes, I gathered that, no problem, mate! Hope you are feeling better? Dancing Banana Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread 1520050566 Dancing Banana
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:30 am

On paper this should be an easy win for us but this is a derby game and anything can happen? If Potato head is on compassionate leave then hopefully the team stays as is. Changes to the bench to bring in Grabban.

Still going for a 1-0 victory to us and we enter the automatic spots?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:56 am

McGrath I wish I could be there today.

I actually considered buying AVTV for this, but I assume it's on SKY thus they won't show it on AVTV?

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:03 am

Just leaving - can't wait - lets f'kin smash 'em !
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:39 am

Had a dream that Grabban scored the winner, lets just win! Scarf Waving
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next