The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread

+9
De Kuip
Fpuppys
achilles
Villa_Dan
Wookster
VTID85
smetro
AstonThriller
deadbuzzardalive
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread

Post by VTID85 Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:28 pm

An illustration of how confidence can swing and ultimately decide the game. Getting two in quick succession dropped a bomb on Wolves, absolutely broke them whereas it made our lads look 10ft tall to see the game out.
VTID85

Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread

Post by De Kuip Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:30 pm

The Dingles will be slinking back to yam yam land wondering what hit them.
Question is, could it be us and Cardiff in auto spots come season's end?
Unlikely, but fun thought.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:32 pm

De Kuip wrote:The Dingles will be slinking  back to yam yam land wondering what hit them.
Question is, could it be us and Cardiff in auto spots come season's end?
Unlikely, but fun thought.

It's a lovely thought and will do for tonight, even if it doesn't come to pass!
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:34 pm

get fucking in! should rename this song to "Who Shut the dogs up"

Enjoy Laughing at You
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:35 pm

Well I wasnt expecting that Dancing Banana Dancing Banana

What a goal from Thor, did they back off waiting for him to fall over the ball Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread - Page 2 238524133
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:36 pm

Wookster wrote:Well I wasnt expecting that Dancing Banana Dancing Banana

What a goal from Thor, did they back off waiting for him to fall over the ball Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread - Page 2 238524133

He did a total con job on them, no way were they expecting that and to finish with a toe-poke of all things was just the icing on the cake.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:42 pm

Just looking at Cardiff fixtures and they ain't easy.
If that shower of shit can put 2 past them I have high hopes of wolves Brentford derby Sheffield Utd and us doing them some damage.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:13 pm

Fuck me I didn't see that coming at half time! Absolutely bossed them 2nd half.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:01 pm

Very sweet victory given many of the Wolves' fans arrogance, to beat them is one thing, but to actually thrash them (something so many of them have been presuming and bragging that they were going to do to us) makes it all the better. But of course the most important thing is another three points in our fight for promotion; also noteworthy that whilst we haven't gained any points on Cardiff today, we do now have a better goal difference.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:02 pm

VTID85 wrote:An illustration of how confidence can swing and ultimately decide the game. Getting two in quick succession dropped a bomb on Wolves, absolutely broke them whereas it made our lads look 10ft tall to see the game out.

Thought wolves committed suicide, wanted far to much time on the ball, and seemed to want to over elaborate. By contrast look at last 2 goals - attack wide down the flanks with pace, wallop a cross in - Bang - Grabban 3-1

4-1 Bjarnson just runs at pace- directly towards goal, hit his hard and low 4-1 !!!!!

Football isn't complicated game, passing sideways at walking pace, never works (But don't tell nuno that)
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:16 pm

Okay where do I begin, at half time we were all debating whether we would settle for a draw or not, with a mixture of replies. The first half was a lesson in how to play football by Wolves but with no end product, which was just as well for us as we gave them far too much time on the ball. The two goals by either side were scrappy goals, Taylor got done by Doherty and then to me it seemed like a mix up between Johnstone and Chester, although I was up the other end so I will have to see a replay to be sure. That first half we just stayed in the game with some individual flashes from Grealish and Adomah. Thankfully that all changed in the second half as we upped the tempo and started to put pressure on them, making a massive difference, absolutely outstanding second half.

Johnstone 7 – Still not convinced but had very little to do.
Elmo 7 – Lacks a bit defensively but fair play to him not afraid to put his head in where it hurts.
Terry 8 – Lacks pace but makes up for it by experience, not really tested as Bonatini was crap, but love his passion.
Chester 8 – Apart from his mistake (I think) he had a great game and scored.
Taylor 6 – Awful first half, never realised how much we miss Hutton but again fair play he played so much better in the second half perhaps after a roasting at half time from Bruce.
Jedinak 7 – Looked lost in the first half as Wolves passed the ball quickly, so he never really got to the ball, looked much better in the second half when we took the game to Wolves.
Hourihane 8 – Worked hard tonight and tried to support but didn’t come off, much better performance overall.
Adomah 9 – I love this guy, skinned Batth all night, great crossing, left or right and on hand to score yet another goal.
Snodgrass 10 – MOM, have to give this guy my MOM because I have given him some stick but tonight he firmly rammed down my throat those last lingering doubts. Absolutely worked his socks off, gave a rollicking to Elmo a couple of times which shows, although on loan, that he cares deeply about our club. He got clobbered a few times tonight as he pisses players off, but is exactly the sort of player you want on your side as he has outstanding ability as he showed with the whipped free kick for Chester’s goal which was impossible to defend it was that good!
Grealish 10 – So hard to tie him down when he has the ball at his feet, sometimes he tried too much but that is always going to happen with a player like him. In the second half no Wolves player could get near him, needs to do it against the lesser teams as well, it is easier to get yourself up for games like this. Gave his jersey to a lad in the Holte End at the end of the game, which shows how much he cares as well. He is beginning to grow up and become the player we all hoped he would become.
Grabban 9 – Good grief, he could be the signing that gets us over the line, superb poachers goal which I doubt anybody else in our side would have scored and caused problems for Wolves all evening with his constant movement and superb close control.
Bjarnason 8 (sub) – Scored a great goal but Wolves never expected him to do that he was playing left wing for McGrath ’s sake. Like him he is action man personified, technically not the greatest but you can’t fault his effort.
Lansbury 8 (sub) – Did exactly what was expected of him and hold the centre of midfield which he did surprisingly well.
Hogan (sub) – Not on long enough to rate but ran about as usual.

Well we have set a marker down which I hoped that we would but realistically doubted and now we have to carry that forward and get at teams especially at Villa Park.

We shouldn’t fear anybody as we are ASTON VILLA!   Dancing Banana  Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread - Page 2 1520050566  Dancing Banana
achilles
achilles

Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:42 am

I thought Grealish played superbly, he looked a different class to everyone else. Opposition players just don't know what to do with him - even when he's surrounded by three of them he finds a way out. The further towards the opposition goal he goes you can see them hanging back because he's either going to skip past them or they're going to foul him and in waiting for some support he clears the way for the likes of Adomah to find space. That's what's so important when we're without Grealish and Adomah because Adomah does it to (to a lesser level and effect) and something we just don't seem to see on the right with Hourihane and Snodgrass.

I thought the lineup was spot on, I'd only have played Thor as DM rather than Jedi simply because of his energy. I was worried Bruce would go more defensive but nope, so well done to him for going for it. Hogan, Lansbury and Thor/Jedi (I'd have started with Thor and subbed him if necessary with 15 minutes to go for Jedi) really are good subs too. We finally look like a proper team.

I'm still laughing at Thor's goal though, what a simple cracker. And Chester's goal celebration!

I watched the first half on telly thinking all our players were working their socks off but we were still being outplayed. I think that's mostly down to their central midfield but importantly our defence held out and theirs didn't. Four shots on target, four goals.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:27 am

After watching the highlights a couple of points, Wolves definitely should have had a penalty for Snodgrass's handball (which I didn't see at the time), the other claim (which I did see as it was right in front of me) was not a penalty as Adomah won the ball and then they fell together.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:57 am

I would have red carded their number 18 for that foul on Taylor.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:08 am

FoxyAV wrote:I would have red carded their number 18 for that foul on Taylor.

Was that the foul on the half way line when the referee just played advantage?
If it was I think it was Elmo and yes he should have got a red.

By the way the referee was the usual standard, pretty rubbish!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:41 am

The ref was truly shite for both teams
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:51 pm

achilles wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:I would have red carded their number 18 for that foul on Taylor.

Was that the foul on the half way line when the referee just played advantage?
If it was I think it was Elmo and yes he should have got a red.

By the way the referee was the usual standard, pretty rubbish!

You were right it was Taylor! Bash
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:04 pm

The boys have given the fans something to be very proud of, and part of that is the bragging rights, if my situation is anything to go on Villa fans have had to take plenty of stick from upstart dingles, they have on good season and their heads AND tongues run away with them. At work tomorrow all across the midlands karma will be taking place and I would lay odds there are a few squeaky bums in the black country, keep it coming boys UTV, Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread - Page 2 1520050566 Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread - Page 2 1520050566 Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread - Page 2 1520050566
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:22 pm

Judging from their form at the moment having only taken 5 points from their last 5 games, it could well be from the Penthouse to the Outhouse come May.

team hasn't moved
Wolverhampton Wanderers
36 23 7 6 63 32 31 76 DDrew against Preston North End on February 17th 2018.DDrew against Norwich City on February 21st 2018.LLost against Fulham on February 24th 2018.WWon against Leeds United on March 7th 2018.LLost against Aston Villa on March 10th 2018.
team hasn't moved
Cardiff City
36 22 7 7 55 30 25 73 WWon against Middlesbrough on February 17th 2018.WWon against Ipswich Town on February 21st 2018.WWon against Bristol City on February 25th 2018.WWon against Barnsley on March 6th 2018.WWon against Birmingham City on March 10th 2018.
team hasn't moved
Aston Villa
36 20 9 7 60 33 27 69 LLost against Fulham on February 17th 2018.DDrew against Preston North End on February 20th 2018.WWon against Sheffield Wednesday on February 24th 2018.WWon against Sunderland on March 6th 2018.WWon against Wolverhampton Wanderers on March 10th 2018.
team hasn't moved
Fulham
37 19 11 7 64 39 25 68 DDrew against Bristol City on February 21st 2018.WWon against Wolverhampton Wanderers on February 24th 2018.WWon against Derby County on March 3rd 2018.WWon against Sheffield United on March 6th 2018.WWon against Preston North End on March 10th 2018.
team hasn't moved
Derby County
37 16 14 7 55 34 21 62 DDrew against Leeds United on February 21st 2018.DDrew against Reading on February 24th 2018.LLost against Fulham on March 3rd 2018.DDrew against Queens Park Rangers on March 6th 2018.DDrew against Nottingham Forest on March 11th 2018.
team hasn't moved
Middlesbrough
37 18 7 12 53 35 18 61 WWon against Hull City on February 20th 2018.DDrew against Sunderland on February 24th 2018.WWon against Leeds United on March 2nd 2018.WWon against Birmingham City on March 6th 2018.WWon against Barnsley on March 10th 2018.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:42 pm

Saunders82 wrote:The boys have given the fans something to be very proud of, and part of that is the bragging rights, if my situation is anything to go on Villa fans have had to take plenty of stick from upstart dingles, they have on good season and their heads AND tongues run away with them. At work tomorrow all across the midlands karma will be taking place and I would lay odds there are a few squeaky bums in the black country,  keep it coming boys UTV, Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread - Page 2 1520050566 Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread - Page 2 1520050566 Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread - Page 2 1520050566
I think we were the only west Midlands team not to lose on Saturday apart from Coventry and I place them about on a par with Solihull moors so they don't count.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:01 pm

@achilles I think you need to start the villa QPR thread early as possible. Firstly cos if you starting the thread gets us performances like Saturday's, you'd better carry on. Secondly cos I have the feeling there will be plenty to talk about!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:54 pm

My youngest had a party & sleepover on Sat meaning I missed the REAL party of the night! Hard to be peed off about anything in the face of that result tho.

PS Happy that we're at the point where we can bring on the likes of Thor, Lansbury & Hogan as subs AND they contribute - makes me feel that things are working well behind the scenes to make a happy squad.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:40 pm

Some of the dingle fans were interviewed outside VP after the match, one was asked what happened to wolves in the second half, he replied "Did we even kick off in the second half" the answer to that is yes mate 3 F**king times. UTV lol! lol! lol!
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:44 pm

De Kuip wrote:@achilles I think you need to start the villa QPR thread early as possible. Firstly cos if you starting the thread gets us performances like Saturday's, you'd better carry on. Secondly cos I have the feeling there will be plenty to talk about!

Sounds good to me come on Achilles. Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread - Page 2 1520050566 Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread - Page 2 1520050566
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:11 am

Well lads and lassies, this is the start of the wolves collapse. They went into the game like Johnny big Boxxox and came out whimpering. This is the start of there downfall, we have been waiting all season for it to happen now is the time. UTV. Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next