The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

+16
ember
UnclePanda
Jae1411
Wookster
Fpuppys
De Kuip
Army villain
achilles
VTID85
NARLA24
Boldfinger
FoxyAV
Trotters
Saunders82
deadbuzzardalive
AstonThriller
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread Empty Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by AstonThriller Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:23 am

I've won four on the spin in the league so maybe we can start celebrating already lads!! Dancing Banana Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread 1520050566 cheers Beer .

Jokes aside this is gonna be a tough trip to Lisbon, I mean Molineux. They're a young, vibrant side who have had a terrific start to the season. Their 343 system has allowed them to enjoy a lot of possession and they've developed a habit of scoring late in the game when they need to which has nicked them draws and wins. Neves in the midfield has apparently been struggling of late, but Jota has been a major star for them. Which isn't a surprise considering the level he was playing at last season. Their other top player, Costa, has just come back from injury so hasn't been in full stride yet.

Neil Taylor missing for us is just bloody annoying as our defence has been very good of late. De leat most likely steps in as he had experience of playing at left-back for Boro when they were in the promotion hunt so hopefully, he'll do fine. Or, Bruce could be brave and chuck Borg in? The kid is rapid but still a little raw. Would like to see him on the bench at the bare minimum.

Going forward I wouldn't expect any changes. Snoddy has really found his groove and even scored for Scotland recently. Adomah has been brilliant and the partnership between Kodjia and Davis has been getting better and better. In a way, we're actually set-up to work well on the counter and that could be the difference between these two teams in the end. Looking around and their fans arrogance is quite funny to see. Many of them really think they will walk all over us. They can keep talking because I'm a firm believer that experience, more often than not, trumps youthful exuberance. Defensively, they've been letting in goals quite often in recent times. They've also struggled to put teams away which keeps the scorelines very tight.

It will be a test, but it's one that I think that we're more than capable of passing simply because we've got the better goal threats on the pitch. Snoddy, Adomah, Hourihane, Davis and Kodjia compared to Costa, Jota and Ballotini!!!..Cavaleho is good aswell but all four will not play at the same time as it doesn't fit their system.

COME ON VILLA!!!  Scarf Waving

Last edited by AstonThriller on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread Empty Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by Guest Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:08 pm

4-0 to Wolves Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread 4025243045

Back to top Go down

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread Empty Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:25 pm

Their fans are so arrogant it's unbelievable, first of all they seem to think that they're the second coming of Pep's Barcelona, and that no one can touch them unless they cheat, and on us they seem to think Kodjia is the only player who would get in their side. I'm also seeing a lot of comments on how, their forwards are going to expose Terry's lack of pace, as if he hasn't had a lack of pace all his career and managed to overcome it, against much better teams that the current Wolves one.

For me whilst having a few stand out players, like Jota, Costa and Neves they aren't that strong squad wise, their central midfield is particularly weak, even Neves has been inconsistent from what I can gather. Cavaleiro is another who's good on his day, but is also very inconsistent.

All that said, I've got a bad feeling about Saturday, kind of feels like we're due a defeat.
deadbuzzardalive

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:16 pm

Its going to be tight but I think we have enough to nick it by the odd goal, I think Brucie will go for keeping it tight & getting a draw at least, not nice but there it is. Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread 4025243045
Saunders82
Saunders82

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:58 am

Great opening post, AT!

If the plan is to hit them on the counter, then Borg might just get a run. I'm going to predict that we'll frustrate the life out of them by keeping the ball and pissing about with it. We'll knick a spawny goal when Adomah tries to shoot but shanks it across the face of the goal for Kodjia to trip over.

1-0 and we spend the last 15 minutes defending like twats but a poor refereeing decision denying them a nailed-on penalty in the 94th minute means we take all 3 points.
Trotters
Trotters

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:28 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Their fans are so arrogant it's unbelievable

We could be accused of pots and kettles by quite a lot of the rest of the midlands!

Good luck to them. We tried to buy the league last year and it didn't quite work, after a season in League 1 they're now having a go. I'm looking forward to it*

*to clarify - I'm looking forward to the 5% chance that we'll see some lovely football from our talented players and not DEFEND DEFEND HOOF all match. Forever the optimist...
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:28 am

Trotters wrote:1-0 and we spend the last 15 minutes defending like twats but a poor refereeing decision denying them a nailed-on penalty in the 94th minute means we take all 3 points.

Only the last 15 minutes?!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:44 pm

Just listened to his pre match interview and Bruce really has fuck all ambition. Think I've never heard of a manager talk so unambitious and negative as him. Not a big deal if we keep winning, but why on earth can't he just state that we should be topping the table. Incredible. He clearly has no idea what irony is either, but that's another story and most people get it wrong, so no biggie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:37 pm

Sometimes it's better just to go about your business rather than shouting from rooftops.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:08 am

Oh that's fine, but the problem is that Bruce is answering questions like this as we should be content with a top ten finish. We are AVFC with a budget that blows everyone out of the water. Time to say it as it is. Anything less than 1st place is not good enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:34 am

Not going to predict because i jinx it. A win would be nice though.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:55 am

in a game where both teams have good attacking players and both teams are capable of scoring goals, there can be only 1 result.
0 bloody 0.
( an away win would be the bollocks though )
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:09 pm

4-3 but not sure which way.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:43 pm

I have predicted wins in our last two games but I am going for a draw today.
Today is perhaps the day to grind out a draw and frustrate the buggers!
achilles
achilles

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:06 pm

2 - 1 to wolves
Bruce out on blogs again.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:49 pm

0-2 to Villa - about time we reminded the yam yams who's the fucking Billy big bollocks round here.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Very tight 2-1 win for me, as things stand there are some strange results flying around after the international break and a win could put us in the top 4.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:50 pm

Hutton replaces Taylor, my expectations are dampened. Mind I really hope he plays a blinder after seeing lots of Wolves fans stating that their front three are going to murder him and Terry for pace.

Good to see that Davis is fit.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:55 pm

Having seen the starting line-up, I take it all back and follow @Joppe84 hunch of 4-0....Fucking Hutton as a LB, he can't even play RB, "Were all doomed!"

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread Dmg9id10
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:39 pm

Hutton really is amazingly shit. His positioning is all over the place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:44 pm

But what a tackle. And another one. Haha great

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:45 pm

excellent tackle by Hutton, was looking for a penalty there
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:45 pm

Wolves all over us at the moment, hopefully we can weather the storm, and come into the game.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:54 pm

Davis is a fucking superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:05 pm

Wolves aren't Real Madrid, we should be giving them a much better game than this.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next