The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Next Aston Villa manager thread

+29
VillaBill
Saunders82
Army villain
LVBrit
ember
Fpuppys
Synopsis
STO67
bruka
VTID85
big ming
deadbuzzardalive
Boldfinger
Dions_Bald_Head
Jae1411
DelboyVilla
De Kuip
The Utterer
danclare82
villajk
Terry Derry
FoxyAV
achilles
Villa_Dan
smetro
Dazzle
UnclePanda
rogermuffin69
AstonThriller
33 posters

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 Empty Millwall game.

Post by jeffvilla Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:54 am

K Mac has said Jedinak, Keinan Davis will be out and not take part in the game, and Chester will not appear to the red card. WTF why did we not appeal it. ?? Chester definitely got the ball, and of course the double jeopardy ruling that was introduced.

Please if I am wrong let me know as I am currently tearing my hair out. Anyone got the Samaritan hot line number    Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 1327487109 Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 1327487109 Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 1715320296 Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 1715320296 Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 1715320296 Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 1715320296 Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 1715320296 Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 1715320296

Mill wall game.

Last edited by jeffvilla on Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Next Aston Villa manager thread

Post by smetro Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:59 am

FoxyAV wrote:The other thing is the new owners know they'll be judged by the quality of manager and coaching staff they bring in. I reckon it could be a very impressive signing.

Incidentally I saw something saying the new owners weren't going to sack Bruce and co for now but were swayed by the crowd's reaction to the Preston match. which made me wonder, wasn't the money transferred into the club before the match? I do think it all points to everything being in place although I wonder why Kmac is in charge for Millwall, is it because the new manager won't have had a chance to work with the players and we need someone who knows how it all works?

With Chester out - and the team on a dreadful run - I think they would rather give the new guy the international break to work with the players.
Also Bruce wasn't sacked until Wednesday PM - Unveiling the new bloke within hours could leave Bruce grounds to claim constructive dismissal.
smetro
smetro

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Next Aston Villa manager thread

Post by FoxyAV Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:06 pm

smetro wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:The other thing is the new owners know they'll be judged by the quality of manager and coaching staff they bring in. I reckon it could be a very impressive signing.

Incidentally I saw something saying the new owners weren't going to sack Bruce and co for now but were swayed by the crowd's reaction to the Preston match. which made me wonder, wasn't the money transferred into the club before the match? I do think it all points to everything being in place although I wonder why Kmac is in charge for Millwall, is it because the new manager won't have had a chance to work with the players and we need someone who knows how it all works?

With Chester out - and the team on a dreadful run - I think they would rather give the new guy the international break to work with the players.
Also Bruce wasn't sacked until Wednesday PM - Unveiling the new bloke within hours could leave Bruce grounds to claim constructive dismissal.

That's what I thought (first point) and good point (second one).

Kmac knows the players too, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if we saw Bedeau play. I can't honestly think who else (apart from Bree or Hutton) we'd use. He's going to have a tough decision there but no one's going to give him stick for it.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:14 pm

MacDonald's words are being slightly twisted, he hasn't said that the new manager will have people at the ground, he's that the managers wanting the job will have people watching tomorrow... Which as I've seen mentioned elsewhere, just sounds like a way of getting the players motivated more than anything else... I doubt he actually knows what's going on, you can tell that from other things he said.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:20 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:An high profile name that will make a statement, and is probably out of work, makes me think that it could be Ranieri. We've also been linked to Eduardo Macia for the DOF role... Who worked with Ranieri at Leicester... It would also pave the way for Terry to return, possibly as a player coach.

That sounds interesting, as Terry certainly would have the dressing room sorted! Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 3769219917
achilles
achilles

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:51 pm

Belgium media reporting that Sawiris and Edens want Henry and contact has been made with his agent. The Belgian FA have said this... “We have not heard anything yet. We do not say anything about contracts and any clauses. In principle, everyone is under contract, but you never know what happens.”

They're not exactly ruling it out... The only annoying thing if it is Henry, is that we might as well have just saved some time and done it at the start of the season.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:14 pm

jeffvilla wrote:K Mac has said Jedinak, Keinan Davis will be out and not take part in the game, and Chester will not appear to the red card. WTF why did we not appeal it. ?? Chester definitely got the ball, and of course the double jeopardy ruling that was introduced.

Please if I am wrong let me know as I am currently tearing my hair out. Anyone got the Samaritan hot line number    Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 1327487109 Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 1327487109 Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 1715320296 Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 1715320296 Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 1715320296 Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 1715320296 Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 1715320296 Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 1715320296

Mill wall game.

Appealing a red card risks a longer suspension, and we were advised that the chances of us getting Chester's card overturned were very slim, so haven't risked it.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:33 pm

The regular applicant ,Dwight Yorke, has applied according to SSN.
Whilst he was one of the very best players during my time supporting Villa, the fact is that he couldn't wait to move on to a bigger club when the opportunity came. I don't blame him for that, but what goes around comes around. Villa are too big a club for Dwight to be cutting his managerial teeth on. At least Henry has some coaching experience with one of the world's top ranking International teams, by comparison.
big ming

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:38 pm

Don't want Henry on his own as he is not experienced enough.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:28 pm

Paulo sousa has left his Chinese team......
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:29 pm

Not saying I think it'll be him because I don't just a confidence he's left more like. He is a mendes man tho
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:16 pm

AVB
Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:36 pm

What's this scary shite about a tweet from the Marriot hotel saying Moyes is in town.

Legit account apparently.

Fuck no.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:36 pm

Dont you love the managerial merrygoround. We've sacked a manager because of his recent poor results and are now awaiting:
a. Someone that is not currently good enough to manager a team.
b. Someone that is currently doing the job but is under pressure as the club hes at and not getting the results
c. Someone who is completely untried as a manager but has a fancy name in the game and may fall flat on his face and ruin his future reputation.
or be unVilla like and
d. Take someone doing a brilliant job and pay out compo, not our normal way
Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 11 50815218
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:24 pm

If option D is Pep I'll take it!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:22 pm

De Kuip wrote:What's this scary shite about a tweet from the Marriot hotel saying Moyes is in town.

Legit account apparently.

Fuck no.

The tweet was that he hadn't been staying at the hotel in Brum.

I doubt there is anything in the moyes link his odds are starting to drift now.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:26 am

Considering this is the biggest decision the club has got to make in the last 30 years or so it has to be a defining moment.
Failure is not an option and as yet non of the names mentioned stand out as outstanding candidates.
Just my opinion but this time we have to get this right,like Wolves did last season.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:35 am

Does anyone have or can anyone pull a list together of names who have been linked and names who are available? I know the second of these could be endless, but based on the "high profile" appointment criteria.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:31 pm

NARLA24 wrote:Considering this is the biggest decision the club has got to make in the last 30 years or so it has to be a defining moment.
Failure is not an option and as yet non of the names mentioned stand out as outstanding candidates.
Just my opinion but this time we have to get this right,like Wolves did last season.

Just my opinion but one of the apparent candidates is standout for me, and that is Brendan Rodgers. Successful at Swansea & Celtic, nearly got Liverpool a title. If he is the preferred choice and we did manage to obtain his services then I’d say that would be one hell of a coup for the club in its current position.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:35 pm

Transfermarkt, Has a list of out of work managers.

In terms of who's been linked either by the media or fans... off the top of my head...

Moyes
Henry
Faria
Rodgers
Smith
Allardyce
Fonseca
Sousa
Carvalhal
Terry
Wilder
McCarthy
Yorke
Ferreira
Stramaccioni
Juan Carlos Osorio
Benítez
Bilic
Ranieri
Flores
Garcia
Gallardo
Paul Cook
Hasenhüttl
Hyypiä
Ainsworth
Nathan Jones
Wenger

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:40 pm

Dazzle wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:Considering this is the biggest decision the club has got to make in the last 30 years or so it has to be a defining moment.

Just my opinion but one of the apparent candidates is standout for me, and that is Brendan Rodgers. Successful at Swansea & Celtic, nearly got Liverpool a title. If he is the preferred choice and we did manage to obtain his services then I’d say that would be one hell of a coup for the club in its current position.

Actually going off him, as he is getting a lot of flak from the Celtic fans which doesn't bode well!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:42 pm

danclare82 wrote:Paulo sousa has left his Chinese team......

Sousa seems to change clubs quite often, not sure we need that hanging over us.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:57 pm

Can’t have Brendan Rodgers , his teeth are just so unnaturally white
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:24 pm

smetro wrote:I don't think it will be Moyes - I do think the appointment could well be one that underwhelms us though. I think the owners and purslow are looking for a the 'steady as she goes type'  - Raneri , Carvalho types.

I remember being very underwhelmed with the appointment of one Ron Saunders, so maybe that's not such a bad thing then. Whoever is appointed will have their supporters and their detractors that's just the way of the world, but I think its time the club had a bit of continuity now, we've had too many changes of manager in recent times. For what its worth I would like , but can't see it happening for us to appoint Brendan Rodgers. UTV
andrew24561
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:00 pm

andrew24561 wrote:
smetro wrote:I don't think it will be Moyes - I do think the appointment could well be one that underwhelms us though. I think the owners and purslow are looking for a the 'steady as she goes type'  - Raneri , Carvalho types.

I remember being very underwhelmed with the appointment of one Ron Saunders, so maybe that's not such a bad thing then. Whoever is appointed will have their supporters and their detractors that's just the way of the world, but I think its time the club had a bit of continuity now, we've had too many changes of manager in recent times. For what its worth I would like , but can't see it happening for us to appoint Brendan Rodgers. UTV

I would like Rodgers - to me that would show that the news owners have balls and aren't just going to hand over the reigns to a succession of out of work managers.

I do sometimes wonder though if the most unlikley of managers will be the one to lead us out of this division.....one that gets a bit a subdued reaction initially turns out to be the answer
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next