The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Leeds vs Aston Villa match thread

+11
Saunders82
danclare82
VTID85
Jae1411
achilles
Boldfinger
Dazzle
rogermuffin69
deadbuzzardalive
Villa_Dan
AstonThriller
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Leeds vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Leeds vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:18 pm

Well done Taylor. Brave considering the injury he had.

Great hit from Lansbury. Was fuming when he was brought on...
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Leeds vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Leeds vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Leeds vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by rogermuffin69 Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:32 pm

whats jannson got to do to get a red?
rogermuffin69
rogermuffin69

Leeds vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:37 pm

On a positive note I think Neil Taylor has had a really good game today. I'd give him our motm
Jae1411

Leeds vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:42 pm

Fair play to Taylor for getting stuck in and also to Henri for a great strike!

Back from the dead!
achilles
achilles

Leeds vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:42 pm

Better 2nd half. A win would've been nice but I'm not going to shed a tear about an away draw at Leeds.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:43 pm

Decent point. Shite football.

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:44 pm

Pity we couldn't win but after that abysmal first half showing a point is a bloody miracle!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:45 pm

A point is fair on the night (away, on Sky); we've seen plenty of games where we're the ones who have thrown it away so whilst not 3 points and certainly not attractive we seem much more setup to force our way back in these days.

Edit - also loving the "Leeds...Leeds have fallen apart...again!" sung to a classic Joy Division tune.

Last edited by VTID85 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
VTID85

Leeds vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:46 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Decent point. Shite football.

The Bruce method of football! Leeds vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 1401410211
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:52 pm

In the end a well earned point. Not sure what you have to do to get a red card having seen Jansson’s performance, he must have earned immunity from red cards with his goal, perhaps? I think a very decent point given Leeds most recent results and the game being at Elland Road, not to mention our injury list. Kudos to the manager for making the right changes at the right time.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:58 pm

Coming from behind to draw at Elland Road doesn't seem like a bad result on the face of it, and it's not really, but they haven't been in form at all recently, and really we needed to do better, and at some point have to start winning games like these.

The Cardiff result adds to the disappointment, we're now seven points adrift of top two, and no matter what we do, the gap doesn't seem to close, because they can't stop winning.

At least we didn't lose, and should still have some confidence going into the rest of December, and if Sheffield United and Wolves lose (very unlikely though) then we'll have gained a point on them, if nothing else.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:52 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Decent point. Shite football.
1st half yes 2nd half we were good. Played some nice stuff. Got to give credit too
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:47 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Coming from behind to draw at Elland Road doesn't seem like a bad result on the face of it, and it's not really, but they haven't been in form at all recently, and really we needed to do better, and at some point have to start winning games like these.

The Cardiff result adds to the disappointment, we're now seven points adrift of top two, and no matter what we do, the gap doesn't seem to close, because they can't stop winning.

At least we didn't lose, and should still have some confidence going into the rest of December, and if Sheffield United and Wolves lose (very unlikely though) then we'll have gained a point on them, if nothing else.

They beat Boro easily just a few games ago so it was always gonna be tough. We've not beaten many of the top teams yes, but tbf we've also had to play most of them away from home, so it's been a tough run. Cardiff winning isn't helpful no, but again this is a marathon, not a sprint. I just cannot see how that squad holds up over the long term. But we'll see.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Leeds vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:06 am

Next weekend will present us an opportunity to put some pressure on them, as they don't play until the Monday. But if we're not to fall further adrift, we're going to have to beat some teams of similar, if not better quality than Leeds this month.

Hopefully Millwall, and dare I say it birmingham do us a favour over the weekend.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:05 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Next weekend will present us an opportunity to put some pressure on them, as they don't play until the Monday. But if we're not to fall further adrift, we're going to have to beat some teams of similar, if not better quality than Leeds this month.

Hopefully Millwall, and dare I say it birmingham do us a favour over the weekend.

I don't know why, but I have the same feeling about Birmingham as I did about QPR before they beat Wolves. Small pitch, lively atmosphere on a very cold night at the sty!!!..It's all set up for an upset imo but we'll see.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Leeds vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:24 am

Neves is suspended for Wolves too
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:28 am

There are two ways of looking at this result and it depends on which side of the fence you want to sit.

On the one side you could say that Leeds are in a poor spell having lost 7 games in their last 10 games, including losing to Reading, Derby and Sheffield United at home and also against us they only had one shot on target, so it was the perfect time to play them to get a win against them.

On the other side you could say that Leeds won their last game at home to Middlesboro, that it is always a hard place to go to and get a result and after a terrible first half we showed a lot of resourcefulness to come back from a goal down to gain a very creditable draw.

Take your choice?
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:56 pm

Thought I'd read a Leeds forum for their view on the match and it wasn't pretty reading for us.

Essentially they thought we were shite. But one bloke made an interesting argument a lot of people agreed on, where they played us off the park first half when they kept it on the grass, i.e. played football. Second half they got suckered into this Steve Bruce "football" and lost out of hoofball. I'd say that's a pretty accurate description.

It's just sad how we can't get a manager to this club who can get us playing football they way it should be played. Swear we must be cursed or something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:46 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Coming from behind to draw at Elland Road doesn't seem like a bad result on the face of it, and it's not really, but they haven't been in form at all recently, and really we needed to do better, and at some point have to start winning games like these.

The only answer to this is to win against both when we play em, they can't compete with that, 6 pointers both of the games, keep the faith UTV Leeds vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 1520050566 Leeds vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 1520050566 Leeds vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 1520050566
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:48 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Next weekend will present us an opportunity to put some pressure on them, as they don't play until the Monday. But if we're not to fall further adrift, we're going to have to beat some teams of similar, if not better quality than Leeds this month.

Well Millwall did their bit, its up to blues now. lol! lol!

Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:59 am

Only just seen some limited highlights so unfair to judge really, but of the several times I saw Samba involved I was less than impressed. Looked slow and lumbering and out of position.
As I say, probably unfair but jeez I hope Terry is back sooner rather than later.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Leeds vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:30 am

Given our injuries and given it was away from home, I have to begrudgingly give Bruce credit for grabbing a point.

However, even with the massive holes in the team, we should be able to be at least trying to play football. Right? It just all seems so disjointed and random.
Trotters
Trotters

Leeds vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:40 pm

Trotters wrote:Given our injuries and given it was away from home, I have to begrudgingly give Bruce credit for grabbing a point.

However, even with the massive holes in the team, we should be able to be at least trying to play football. Right? It just all seems so disjointed and random.

Spot on. We look absolutely nothing like a professional football team. Stuff like off ball movement doesn't exist in our side.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:20 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
Trotters wrote:Given our injuries and given it was away from home, I have to begrudgingly give Bruce credit for grabbing a point.

Spot on. We look absolutely nothing like a professional football team. Stuff like off ball movement doesn't exist in our side.

We haven't had off ball movement for years though! Hogan has tried it but it needs an O'Hare or possibly even Grealish to spot and make work. I'm doing Hourihane a disservice here too. The fact that it's been going on for years doesn't mean Bruce should be let off the hook, it's surely a basic tactic?

I find it odd that Bruce is playing long balls but when the goalie gets the ball there's no one properly legging it down the pitch to give the opposition something to think about and help clear our lines. Weimann, more of a poacher goal scorer, was remarkably good at it. I suppose it's a type of movement off the ball too.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:22 pm

Statistically we don't actually play that many long balls in comparison to other teams the league, in fact only Fulham play fewer long balls than ourselves. You could turn around and say that that's figure is skewed because we have less possession, and so less opportunities to play long balls than most other clubs, but when you look at it, our possession stats aren't that much different to most other clubs in the league, Forest, Reading and Brentford, have the best stats in that regard, whilst Cardiff are worse than us, and Wolves aren't that much better.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next