The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread

+12
deadbuzzardalive
Trotters
De Kuip
Dazzle
achilles
danclare82
Saunders82
Villa Ranger
Fpuppys
Dions_Bald_Head
Villa_Dan
AstonThriller
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread

Post by Villa Ranger Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:38 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
Villa Ranger wrote:

Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 3 Hqdefault

Didn't look good after being ran over by Atlanta

The officials were truly shocking in that game. Some scandalous calls were made. The Falcons were allowed to pick up a dead ball and run it in for touchdown. Our Corner Back called for PI when it was a bump in the first 5 yards. And then a touchdown chalked off for non-existent offensive PI, when their safety actually ran into our receiver. Don't know how much the Falcons have paid-off the officials cos they were at it again last week, overruling the call on the field to rob Detroit of victory.

I would love to make the playoffs again and get a chance of payback against Atlanta. We'll need a fully fit squad and of course we'll have to beat the officials as well.
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:39 pm

From the bits I saw of the Brighton game he (Borg) looked pretty impressive going forward. Having seen a reply of Taylor's card though, I don't see how it was a red, yellow would have been harsh, really should be rescinded...

deadbuzzardalive

Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:55 pm

Yeah, I think we might have a chance getting it overturned. The key things are.

1. He did not dive in with either foot off the ground

2. He contested the ball, it hit him and then his slide through made the Bolton player fall over him, which on first glance, probably made the tackle look worse than it actually was.

3. It looks like the contact was made via the shine of his left leg, and his studs or boot did not touch the guy.

I think we have a case here tbh. Let's just pray that the folks who make the decisions will see things the same as us. Getting two cards overturned in a row though? Surely it would be a record? Very Happy

But yeah, just looked at De laet's record and he's played left-back around nine times in total in his career thus far. So I guess he can cope, but like I said, Oscar Borg would offer us something different on the left and if he does well then at least it would be another academy product who can step in and do well.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 3 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:58 pm

Also I don't think Kodjia not passing to Adomah is as bad as is being made out, Adomah was free, but there was a player closing him down, and he was sideways to the goal, a pass to him would have been the better option, but it wasn't as if Kodjia was in a an impossible position himself, he was in fact in a good position, the worst thing about it, is that he didn't score himself, because he should have.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:07 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Also I don't think Kodjia not passing to Adomah is as bad as is being made out, Adomah was free, but there was a player closing him down, and he was sideways to the goal, a pass to him would have been the better option, but it wasn't as if Kodjia was in a an impossible position himself, he was in fact in a good position, the worst thing about it, is that he didn't score himself, because he should have.

I thought he was well offside (the linesman was not in line anyway) but it was as bad as it is being made out as I said before Kodjia should have passed it straight away for a simple tap in!
achilles
achilles

Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:55 pm

AstonThriller wrote:Yeah, I think we might have a chance getting it overturned. The key things are.

1. He did not dive in with either foot off the ground

2. He contested the ball, it hit him and then his slide through made the Bolton player fall over him, which on first glance, probably made the tackle look worse than it actually was.

3. It looks like the contact was made via the shine of his left leg, and his studs or boot did not touch the guy.

I think we have a case here tbh. Let's just pray that the folks who make the decisions will see things the same as us. Getting two cards overturned in a row though? Surely it would be a record? Very Happy

But yeah, just looked at De laet's record and he's played left-back around nine times in total in his career thus far. So I guess he can cope, but like I said, Oscar Borg would offer us something different on the left and if he does well then at least it would be another academy product who can step in and do well.

I want to see it on TV later to be absolutely sure but, looking at the video clip above (which is from the same angle as the ref's view) we won't get that overturned.
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:49 am

I thought it was a little harsh in real-time but looking at it again, he had time to turn, look at the situation and then fly in with a high foot. Had that been a Villa hating, slum-dwelling, 12-toed, inbred freak bastard on one of our players, we'd be calling for a beheading. Very Happy

I'd like to see Borg come in rather than Da Laet (who would, ironically, get a run due to Da Laet tackle...yes, I'll get my coat). The young lads have not let us down yet so why not take a chance? Whoever is coaching and preparing them is doing a great job.
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:06 am

Looks a red to be. Studs up and follow through.

Anyway. I don't think Borg will get a run from the simple fact that Bruce isn't someone that gives youth a chance unless he absolutely have to. Kienan wasn't picked by Bruce, he HAD to play him and moaned about it in the media. O'Hare should be playing, but isn't. Same goes for Doyle - "whatever" who obviously should be in the sub mix. The notion Bruce is pro youth is such a false story.

The best proof is the fact that he plays El Mohamady over Bree.

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:45 pm

Yeah, it doesn't look like Taylor will get away with it tbh. I look at Borg in his last game and though he's clearly raw, the boy just has tons of pace and gets up and down all day. Look at Fulham with Sessegnon? The boy is 17 and playing left-back every week ffs so why couldn't a 20 year old Borg handle it aswell? Borg and Elmo would make us more attacking imo and give teams even more problems to think about.

As for the Kodjia miss. Love the guy but that was utterly selfish from him. Albert was wide open and he saw him aswell. I understand that strikers want to score goals, but the TEAM should come first in those situations. He did that last season against Wolves and Leeds at home too and it cost us wins on both occasions. He needs to address that if he wants to make it at the top level.

AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 3 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:42 pm

achilles wrote:Well that was utterly dire and I was relieved to get out of the ground at the end.

The bottom line is we got 3 points so I should be grateful but the thought of sitting through more games like that fills me with dread! Still we won! Dancing Banana  

The problem is that we should have used that game to fill us with plenty of confidence for the Wolves game. Instead, it was not at all like that. It was a shit game and, predictably, Bruce panted his usual crap of 'this division' as if the game was always in control. It's another win but I will go to Wolves more edgy than should have been the case.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:15 pm

For me, in this instance I think Taylor's reputation is preceding him, based on what I've seen it wasn't a red card, and certainly nothing malicious in it. I know there's a photo going around of Taylor's studs by the player's knee, but I think that's misleading, because during the tackle, Taylor's foot is nowhere near his knee.

Still I don't think we have any chance of getting it rescinded, as the football league would probably be scared of showing us favour, not sure if Xia's comments on twitter yesterday would help in that regard either.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:46 pm

Xia is a loose cannon but can probably afford to be so.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3