The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread

+12
deadbuzzardalive
Trotters
De Kuip
Dazzle
achilles
danclare82
Saunders82
Villa Ranger
Fpuppys
Dions_Bald_Head
Villa_Dan
AstonThriller
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread

Post by Villa Ranger Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:46 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:After me posting that, yes.

Keep doing it! lol!
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:51 pm

Noses losing 3-0 as well Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 2 498107619
De Kuip
De Kuip

Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:54 pm

As it stands we're in the last playoff place.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:01 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:
Saunders82 wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Whenever Villa fans on the whole are confident before a game, and are predicting a comfortable win for us, something seems to go wrong; I've got an uneasy feeling about today.

Yep you have a point BUT we have to be positive and hope that we will break another hoodoo when we smash em today, it has to happen as we are putting all our hoodoos to rest recently. UTVv Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana

Not saying I think we'll lose, just knowing Villa in recent times can't take anything for granted, hopefully we get the win though.

Bolton are putting up a fight lets hope now we have scored they cave in. lol!
Saunders82
Saunders82

Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:23 pm

I think a run of easy games in September has masked Bruce's short-comings, our fixtures next month will tell us a lot more.
deadbuzzardalive

Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:41 pm

Feckin hell well we might not be ripping up trees but the shower of shit from across town never fail to provide entertainment do they. 5-0 down and according to reports the knuckle staggers are fighting amongst themselves in the away end. Ha ha fecking haaaaaaa
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Feckin hell well we might not be ripping up trees but the shower of shit from across town never fail to provide entertainment do they. 5-0 down and according to reports the knuckle draggers are fighting amongst themselves in the away end. Ha ha fecking haaaaaaa
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:51 pm

6-0 down now Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 2 1787200310
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:56 pm

Job done Scarf Waving
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:58 pm

Bruce not happy with the red card at the end, pity AVTV didnt show the replay
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:59 pm

Lucky to get away with that in the end. Ref was a mega-twat.

4 in a row! And the noses get a spawny goal to make it more respec.....hahahahahaha.
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:00 pm

Whats our options at left back with Taylor being out?
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:02 pm

Wookster wrote:Bruce not happy with the red card at the end, pity AVTV didnt show the replay

Any chance we'll appeal it?
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:03 pm

Poor performance but ground out a result. Whelan continues to give the ball away badly. Would give Oscar Borg a go at left back. He has impressed for the U23's.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:15 pm

Will Bruce be tempted to use the Borg?

Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 2 1qcxdv
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:22 pm

I was uneasy about this game tbh so I'm just utterly relieved that we've ground out the three points. Bolton switched things up and went to a 433 instead of a 532. Perhaps that caught us off guard? And let's be honest, sometimes these bottom sides can spring a surprise or two. They are scrapping for their lives down there so sometimes it can be tougher than you imagine. The Taylor red is just devastating though and underlines my fears about us leaving ourselves short in that department in the summer window.

I guess now it's Oscar Borg's time to step up. Bruce really done himself no favours by playing Hutton at Left-back against Boro instead of Oscar, that experience would have done him the world of good. Hopefully, we can appeal the card and see what happens. Our defence has been simply brilliant of late and I'm sure Terry would guide the lad through the game at Wolves if he's picked.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:28 pm

Villa Ranger wrote:

Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 2 Hqdefault

Easy win on Thursday for your boys. Didn't look good after being ran over by Atlanta on the first day but you've battled back and may still make the play-offs. Love watching Rodgers. If we had him I think we'd be superbowl winners this year for sure Very Happy .

Our new rookie QB that we drafted in the first round models himself on Aaron by all accounts so if he's half as good as him we should be in business.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:38 pm

A lot of people who were at the match are saying Taylor's tackle looked soft and it wasn't a red. If it was minimal contact with no studs showing then we might have a good chance. They overturned the Lansbury one so who knows? Bruce was pissed at full-time and went over to confront the officials so clearly he thinks it was the wrong decision.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:50 pm

I think Borg had a long term injury for most of last season, and is only just getting back into the swing of things with the u23s, I'd be very surprised if he's used in Taylor's absence, I think I'm right in saying he hasn't even been utilized, in the league cup, it will be one of Bree, Hutton or De Laet.

Hopefully Taylor can get his red card revoked, disappointing to break up the defence now we're heading into a run of fixtures that could make or break our season, after keeping so many clean sheets recently.

Last edited by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:51 pm

AstonThriller wrote:A lot of people who were at the match are saying Taylor's tackle looked soft and it wasn't a red. If it was minimal contact with no studs showing then we might have a good chance. They overturned the Lansbury one so who knows? Bruce was pissed at full-time and went over to confront the officials so clearly he thinks it was the wrong decision.

Looked to me to be soft, the Bolton lad had raised his foot higher than Taylor when both of them were a couple of yards apart, looked more like shin contact than studs showing. The ref was very quick to show red IMO. Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 2 1306727784 he was crap all day never gave our players any protection Bolton we're mauling us all day.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:59 pm

Kodija is a greedy sod. Got himself out of jail for not squaring to Davis just before the penalty. If we had not won, he would have deserved some serious stick, especially after doing the same thing several times last season. He needs to be told that there is "no 'i' in team"
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:02 pm

Xia asking if the Ref is a 'AVhater' on twitter, he'll probably get in trouble for that, surprised it hasn't been deleted.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:04 pm

big ming wrote:Kodija is a greedy sod. Got himself out of jail for not squaring to Davis just before the penalty. If we had not won, he would have deserved some serious stick, especially after doing the same thing several times last season. He needs to be told that there is "no 'i' in team"

I agree BUT to be fair he has been passing a lot more since he came back probably because he is not fully fit yet, but he was so desperate to score the greed over took him, it all ended well luckily or he would have been crucified. Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 2 1420239857 Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 2 1420239857
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:22 pm

Well that was utterly dire and I was relieved to get out of the ground at the end.

Bolton played a high line and condensed the play so to counter that system you need to release the ball quicker to the forwards to make use of the space behind the back line of Boltons. Did we, hell no, just a lot of tippy tappy football with absolutely no end product and no tempo. Kodjia was awful, absolutely no excuse not to pass to Adomah for a simple tap in, however just after he redeemed himself a bit by winning the penalty, but he was lazy throughout.
Why did we continually kick the ball into the box from corners and freekicks, where we didn't win one header against their monster defenders, don't we practice any deviations on the training ground?
Why take Davis off with 20 minutes to go as he is the only one who can hold the ball up and release pressure from our defense, just don't understand the subs but Bruce likes to just hang on!
The referee was an utter buffoon, worse one yet and the red card for Taylor didn't look like one from where I sat, definitely appeal it!

The bottom line is we got 3 points so I should be grateful but the thought of sitting through more games like that fills me with dread! Still we won! Dancing Banana
achilles
achilles

Aston Villa vs Bolton match thread - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:26 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I think Borg had a long term injury for most of last season, and is only just getting back into the swing of things with the u23s, I'd be very surprised if he's used in Taylor's absence, I think I'm right in saying he hasn't even been utilized, in the league cup, it will be one of Bree, Hutton or De Laet.

Hopefully Taylor can get his red card revoked, disappointing to break up the defence now we're heading into a run of fixtures that could make or break our season, after keeping so many clean sheets recently.

Borg has been playing u23 all season though. Infact, in the last two months, he's played SIX u23 games in a row. He was also on the bench when we played Wigan in the cup. Yes, he didn't play but he's been training with the first team and was very impressive in the last u23 game. The one thing he would add is rapid pace and would get forward just like Elmo on the other side. Yes, perhaps De Laet is the favourite but I hope Bruce can be brave because imo with Terry and Chester there we can afford to throw the lad in.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next