The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa vs Boro (cup game) match thread

+14
VTID85
mefromhere
LVBrit
Wookster
Saunders82
Fpuppys
Boldfinger
Dazzle
achilles
NARLA24
deadbuzzardalive
Villa_Dan
FoxyAV
AstonThriller
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Aston Villa vs Boro (cup game) match thread Empty Aston Villa vs Boro (cup game) match thread

Post by AstonThriller Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:05 pm

So we face them buggers again and Bruce has confirmed that he will stick with the same formula he's used in the previous two cup games.

This was our team against Wigan.

..................Steer................

...De laet...Bree...Elphick...Clarke...

..Adomah..Gardner..Hayes..Thor......
....................O'Hare..................
.....................Hogan..........................

But the circumstances have changed since then haven't they? Adomah is first choice now, Gardner has gone etc. So with this in mind this is the team I'd pick tomorrow.

...................Steer..................

..De Laet...Samba..Elphick...Borg.........

...Thor...Lansbury..Onomah..Taylor..........
....................O'Hare..............
....................Hogan..................

I'd pick Oscar Borg because he's a natural left-back which Clarke isn't. I'd also give Cory Taylor a run at left-wing as he's quick, strong and direct on the left for the u23s and has already made a first-team appearance. I was torn between playing Onomah instead of Doyle-Hayes but I just think we need to see these two play in a four across the park to see if they can challenge Hourihane and Whelan for a spot. Was also tempted to play Mccormack instead of O'Hare tbh!!..as I really think if Bruce sticks with 442 it should open the door for Ross again.

Anyway, Boro are set to make big changes too apparently. Adama and Clayton are suspended, Johnson and Shotten are cup-tied. Asombalonga and Gibson are set to be rested etc. So we could have a chance to win this one I think.

AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Aston Villa vs Boro (cup game) match thread 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa vs Boro (cup game) match thread Empty Re: Aston Villa vs Boro (cup game) match thread

Post by De Kuip Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:17 pm

I definitely think Boro will write the cup off as it's unbelievably lucrative to return to the Prem. I really don't want our B team to beat their B team. I'd like us to pick our best team and fuck it - if you can't play twice a week go join the skipping team. In fact I'd like Ron Saunders to be in charge, the city of Birmingham to still be an engineering giant and the best night out is Snobs or the Rum Runner. As that's plainly bollocks can we please select anyone but still play 442 and rip the Steelers a new one?
De Kuip
De Kuip

Aston Villa vs Boro (cup game) match thread 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa vs Boro (cup game) match thread Empty Re: Aston Villa vs Boro (cup game) match thread

Post by AstonThriller Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:15 pm

De Kuip wrote:I definitely think Boro will write the cup off as it's unbelievably lucrative to return to the Prem. I really don't want our B team to beat their B team. I'd like us to pick our best team and fuck it - if you can't play twice a week go join the skipping team. In fact I'd like Ron Saunders to be in charge, the city of Birmingham to still be an engineering giant and the best night out is Snobs or the Rum Runner. As that's plainly bollocks can we please select anyone but still play 442 and rip the Steelers a new one?

Yeah, it would be nice to keep the same team but as we all know promotion remains the overwhelming priority and if we were to get an injury to one of the key players it would be a disaster. Personally, I actually see this as a great opportunity for some fringe players to stake a claim for the first team now that we're playing 442. Hogan could bang in a few goals and put pressure on Davis. Mccormack could finally have a decent game and raise a few eyebrows himself. Then we have Onomah who, with a good performance in a middle two, will no doubt give Bruce a headache for Saturday. Hell, maybe even De Laet aswell if he has a good game. So there's plenty of things to look forward to imo despite it being our "B-Team".
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:28 am

D'you know what AT, I would love selection of our best team to be our biggest challenge, but then I hoped for that after the Wigan game. I've come to the conclusion it's not the performance it's the cronyism. Although to be fair maybe that's just sport in general. I can't even remember the name of the lad who tormented the scum on Saturday yet he was a villa kid for some time apparently. Football is often a sport without sentiment.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:34 am

De Kuip wrote:D'you know what AT, I would love selection of our best team to be our biggest challenge, but then I hoped for that after the Wigan game. I've come to the conclusion it's not the performance it's the cronyism. Although to be fair maybe that's just sport in general. I can't even remember the name of the lad who tormented the scum on Saturday yet he was a villa kid for some time apparently. Football is often a sport without sentiment.

Daniel Johnson, scored the first goal, long dreads. Always looked very good in midfield in the Villa youth teams, never given a shot in the first team other than on the bench. I don't really understand why when we were looking like being relegated we weren't sending more players on loan to the Championship (see Baker at Bristol) and holding onto them for another year just in case. Johnson would have been a great player for us now. Sold in 2015 for £50k, scored 8 in 43 in the Championship that season, 4 in 28 last.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Aston Villa vs Boro (cup game) match thread 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:55 am

De Kuip wrote:I can't even remember the name of the lad who tormented the scum on Saturday yet he was a villa kid for some time apparently. Football is often a sport without sentiment.

Daniel Johnson terrorised us last season and helped get RDM sacked at their place
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:01 am

Don't know what to feel about tonight's game.

On the surface I couldn't care less about the caravan bloody cup BUT winning breeds winning. I'd like to see a mix of players from Saturday with some of the supporting cast.

Rest Terry, Kodjia, KD, and Taylor. Start Hourihan and Lansbury in the middle. Keep Snoddy at right wing and I'd be tempted to keep Adomah in place. Start Hogan and (I know it won't happen but) McCognac. Give Borg a go at LB.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:25 am

It will be a weakened team, half of which will be youngsters, so if we lose Bruce will have a ready made excuse. Tonight's game is basically a free pass for him, we either lose, and it's fair enough because he gave the academy a chance, or we win and he gets credit.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:55 am

Another win will do just to keep chins up ready for the next league game.
Mix it with youth and experience in my view.
Good to progress in any cup.
Villa win for me with some fine performances from some surprise players.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:13 am

Think we will win this one as our youngsters with a mix of experience will be too good for Boro.

Actually I like what we are doing in the micky mouse cup, trying out the youngsters and so far they are proving they are up to the task. It is really good to see.
achilles
achilles

Aston Villa vs Boro (cup game) match thread 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:03 am

Is it televised?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:42 am

....................................Steer..................................
DeLaet...............Elphick..............Samba...............Borg
...................................Lansbury..............................
...............Snodgrass..........................DoyleHayes......
..................................O'Hare..................................
.......................Hogan.................McCormack............

That's my starting 11 for the cup game, a 4-4-fucking-2 with a midfield diamond. Plenty of experience in the spine of the team, gives game time to those on the fringe of the 1st team starting 11 looking for a bit of form, also carries on giving the younger players opportunity to give management a nudge. Protects our main current starting 11 with a break for the week.
Bench would be; Bunn, Bree, Lyden, Jedinak, Bananason, Taylor, McKirdy.

Smash the fuck out of Boro.

Last edited by Dazzle on Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Apparently I'm not allowed two goalkeepers)
Dazzle
Dazzle

Aston Villa vs Boro (cup game) match thread 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:16 pm

I wouldn't play snodgrass as he has put in a lot of work since we signed him and he is still not 100% match fit and could pick up a muscle injury and be out for a while. Maybe use him as a sub if needed. But either way I expect us to win tonight - boro won't be too interested.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:11 pm

Is it televised?

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:08 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Is it televised?

Not that I've spotted yet.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:13 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Is it televised?

NO! it's on BBC radio WM but not online and I've just noticed you have a thread about AVTV and they also only have live commentary, it's shit in the Championship...best bet is wait a while and find it on YOUTUE.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=avfcofficial

Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:58 pm

TEAM IS IN GUYS

Steer, Hutton, Elphick, Samba, De Laet, Thor, Onomah, Lansbury, Doyle-Hayes, O'Hare, Hogan

Subs:Bunn, Richards, Bree, Clarke, Mccormack, Cory Taylor, Lyden

Looks like we're playing either a diamond or 433 again tbh.

....................Steer................

..Hutton..Elphick...Samba..De Laet...

..............Hayes..Lansbury...........
...................Onomah..........
............O'Hare..........Thor....
......................Hogan..........................

Or maybe Thor right, Onomah left, with O'Hare in the number ten role? We'll see. Would like to see Taylor and MCCormack come on at some stage tbh.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:35 pm

A Steve Bruce match with Hutton, Elphick and Bjarnasson, that's not televised. And a cup match at that. I honestly can't describe how uninterested I am in this match, whatever the result may be. Rather funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Worst.
Attendance.
Ever.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:09 pm

Sounds like my optimistic 23k is about 20k too many then?
I don't blame people - fuck watching the reserves.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:48 pm

De Kuip wrote:Sounds like my optimistic 23k is about 20k too many then?

To be fair, considering how shit Steve Bruce's football is, seniors or reserves means dick. Fielding the academy would be more entertaining tbh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:52 pm

De Kuip wrote:Sounds like my optimistic 23k is about 20k too many then?

Looks about 13000 to me
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:59 pm

Boro penalty & Ephick off
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:59 pm

1 Nil Boro
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:02 pm

Having to rely on Radio Boro, couldnt listen to these clowns every week
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next