The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Match thread; Villa v Boro

+2
FoxyAV
Dazzle
6 posters

Go down

Match thread; Villa v Boro Empty Match thread; Villa v Boro

Post by Dazzle Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:50 am

Here we go then, the 1st time in a long time that we could potentially break into the top6 with a win. Will we seize the moment or do as we have so often in recent years and let it slip?! We made it look easy at Boro when brushing them aside 3-0 late last year, so I expect them to be extra motivated not to concede in this game. Pulis will probably select at least 4 CBs across his back 8 in an attempt to shut the game down. They’re on a poor run and won’t be coming to be expansive, they’ll be looking to stop the rot. Expect them to be sat very deep with 8 or 9 in the box at most times. You’d have to assume that Deano will go with the same starting 11 as at Forest, though this game will be very different! I think we’re going to have to be prepared to get plenty of shots away from outside of the box, I’m certain there’ll be very little room inside it to operate. I’ll go with Hourihane to win the game for us, 1-0.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Match thread; Villa v Boro 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Match thread; Villa v Boro Empty Re: Match thread; Villa v Boro

Post by FoxyAV Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:03 am

I was thinking yesterday how McGinn's goals remind me of Petrov and how he used to thump them in from long distance.

If Hourihane scores I bet it's from a rebound from one of McGinn's shots!

I suggested to my Boro friend he come up from Hampshire to watch the match with me but he reckons it wouldn't be a happy trip for him.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Match thread; Villa v Boro 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:18 am

FoxyAV wrote:I was thinking yesterday how McGinn's goals remind me of Petrov and how he used to thump them in from long distance.

I suggested to my Boro friend he come up from Hampshire to watch the match with me but he reckons it wouldn't be a happy trip for him.

Any Tony Pulis side is never exciting, that’s for sure. My concern is how many they put in defence, I’m convinced they come for a solitary point in a 0-0. Anything else will be a massive bonus for them. I’d almost be tempted to drop Taylor at LB and have either of Green or Adomah on the field instead, I really don’t see us being tested much defensively at all!
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:03 pm

Dazzle wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:I was thinking yesterday how McGinn's goals remind me of Petrov and how he used to thump them in from long distance.

Any Tony Pulis side is never exciting, that’s for sure. My concern is how many they put in defence, I’m convinced they come for a solitary point in a 0-0. Anything else will be a massive bonus for them. I’d almost be tempted to drop Taylor at LB and have either of Green or Adomah on the field instead, I really don’t see us being tested much defensively at all!

Which is a shame now we have a cracking defence.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:48 pm

All defensive can be broken down, I think we have the team to do that, our defence is so much stronger. Plus we have the crowd behind us .villa win.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:37 pm

This game could be the icing on the cake or the bore of the season (and boy have we had some bores this season) everyone seems to be expecting an easy win but Pulis & Boro have had a lean time of things recently and we all know that Pulis will want to keep us outside the play off places so I think he will set up for a draw and to frustrate us, if we are not on our game we will struggle. I still think we can win it by the odd goal but we could also turn on the power and crush them just as easily, heres hoping UTV. Scarf Waving
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:01 am

Saunders82 wrote:This game could be the icing on the cake or the bore of the season (and boy have we had some bores this season) everyone seems to be expecting an easy win but Pulis & Boro have had a lean time of things recently and we all know that Pulis will want to keep us outside the play off places so I think he will set up for a draw and to frustrate us, if we are not on our game we will struggle. I still think we can win it by the odd goal but we could also turn on the power and crush them just as easily, heres hoping UTV. Scarf Waving

As I’ve said, Pulis will be delighted with a 0-0. We can afford to go for a really fast start in this game, try and win it in the opening 30mins. Boro are a team that don’t score many because their focus is not to concede, standard Pulisball. If we score 1st we win.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:52 pm

2-0 at the break, UP THE VILLA.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:57 pm

That's a good win for villa, just need to keep up the pressure on the teams around us. UTV.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:55 pm

Sounded on the radio like we had a lot of fun today. I don't care who we play next, it feels like we can beat anyone now.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:03 pm

Big big shout out for Whelan today, he absolutely bossed the game, it was his type of game as Mboro had such a static side, they had no runners, Whelan had the park to himself
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:40 pm

Thought we’d win, probably not as easy as we did. Why chairmen plump for Pulis I’ll never know in these times, his football is clearly outdated. We’re on a roll, but then so are Preston..........and say it quietly, but Sheffield Wednesday also seem to have found a bit of form! Put simply, we have to keep winning games. I think 4 more wins might be enough.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum