The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?)

+23
gaffer85
Barabass
The Utterer
LVBrit
Wookster
Jae1411
Dions_Bald_Head
avfc forever
Fpuppys
Saunders82
Boldfinger
jeffvilla
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
big ming
Dazzle
holtehero
De Kuip
deadbuzzardalive
FoxyAV
DelboyVilla
achilles
AstonThriller
27 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?) - Page 6 Empty Re: Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?)

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:31 pm

Just watched his interview. Talking about injuries and Green missing his chance.

Fat. Cunty. Useless. Waffling. Truffling. Prick.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?) - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?) - Page 6 Empty Re: Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?)

Post by AstonThriller Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:46 pm

It's just a shame that the club were so determined to have "stability" that they've managed to be conned by the chancer that is Bruce. We all saw what he was about last season, we saw it with our own eyes but still folks claimed he "needed pre-season" to get it right. So now what? Hell, even now some absolute pr/cks are still claiming he deserves more time SMH.

1. Four away defeats in a row

2. Five defeats in the last nine

3. Haven't scored more than one in a game in the last ten

4. One win in nine

5. One clean sheet in nine

I mean the stats are just ugly. If he isn't gone by tomorrow then f#ck it, Xia and co just haven't got a f#cking clue what they are doing. Bruce is a dinosaur and that's reflected by his transfer activity. Just ONE signing from abroad, and that is Thor. The rest is just like the Mon copybook!!..British based crap.

He was totally outwitted by a modern coach today and had no idea how to counter it. IF we get rid of him now then we can possibly salvage something out of this season. If we let this drag on then forget it, it's already over.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?) - Page 6 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:47 pm

The old saying, never blame your tools for a bad job, well mr Bruce you have just done that, and blamed green on losing the game, nothing to do with your old tactics , lack of training, not going to the training, plus your head coach must have his head up his backside, with the tactics you are telling him to teach the team, I am surprised that the team has not turned on you, mind you I think they have by the looks of the results we are seeing. Should do the right thing and resign, fall on the sword. Another rant, sorry guys,
Army villain
Army villain

Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?) - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:04 pm

That was one of the worst matches I've ever seen. Reading passed us off the pitch and we played hoofball, despite it not working. I'd love to see some stats but it looked like we were playing a 4-4-2, with Onomah up front with Hogan. Thor didn't appear to do anything other than run around, Taylor and De Laet didn't appear to do anything other than defend, Hourihane and Whelan played tappy tappy sideways football in the middle, I reckon about two of all of our long balls were actually controlled by a Villa player although it can't have been Gabby or Onomah as neither seems capable of timing a jump.

I'm completely at a loss to understand what we were doing there. Whelan was utter rubbish - he passed sideways or backwards, was too slow and didn't contribute anything. Hourihane wasn't great but at least he tried, and you could see what he was trying to do, and you could see him questioning what Whelan was doing, moving five metres, passing and stopping. There was no movement, no one wanted balls, no one tried to make themselves available for throw ins, it was shit. In fact for the next match I'd play Hourihane, Johnstone and Green out of choice and Samba on whichever side he prefers and either Chester or Terry next to him. We had nothing whatsoever in attack on the right until Hutton came on, Gabby didn't really do anything, Onomah was out of position (we should have played a 4-5-1 with Hogan up front on his own) and so was Adomah when he replaced him. So that's Whelan and Onomah/Adomah in essentially useless positions where none of them worked. We didn't fight for the ball, the Reading players were all over it and us, always chasing every ball and making us look like mugs.

I reckon we'd have been miles better with Hogan up front, Adomah and Green on the wings, Lansbury, Hourihane and Onomah in the middle and whatever defenders between them and Johnstone. What was absolutely criminal was playing Onomah and Adomah up front when we have Audrey and Davis as strikers and O'Hare as number 10. Why the hell weren't they on the bench? Actually, sod it, if we're going to piss around with a 4-4-1-1 with Whelan doing nothing we may as well play O'Hare behind Audrey or Davis, or just stick the two strikers up front, and see if they can control all the long balls punted wildly upfield.

It felt like Bruce is sticking to the 4-4-1-1 with the wrong two front players filling in for Grealish and Kodjia and with Whelan hobbling the central midfield. I honestly think we should stick Hourihane and Lansbury there and stop pissing around being so defensive. Look what it did for us today.

Bruce is finished. I can't see how he can even get us out of the bottom five, let alone promoted. It's clear we're fucked without Kodjia and his goals, and treading water trying to play Lambert style defensive hoofball until he comes back (and we play defensive hoofball with someone capable of working magic on his own).

Oh, and Hourihane's dead balls were magic. Really good.

Last edited by FoxyAV on Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?) - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:08 pm

Well i won't be going to any games until i get a genuine feeling that there is a point in watching Aston Villa. I actually don't enjoy paying to watch our opponents outplay us which is all i can seem to recall in recent memory. There is actually not a single player at the club who excites me. Kodija has his random moments, Gabby has his once a season "Moment" and that's basically it! I am curious to watch JT and i actually quite like Samba but watching defenders has it's limitations. It's this i want to watch...

Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?) - Page 6 238524133

And by AV not the opposition really. Whats our goals scored ratio from the last few seasons i wonder? less than a goal a game? That is NOT good value.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?) - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:44 am

So Bruce took one of the best sides on paper to ever play in the Championship to Reading to sit back and hope we could defend for a draw and maybe get a lucky win.

He talks about numbers and putting boots on etc.. he talks about fans expecting too much after signing JT even though he was probably the most excited of anyone... he thinks we are just having some bad luck... we miss Kodjia and Jedinak... FFS...... just fuck off your rocket polishing cockwomble!!!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:02 am

Hogan probably out for weeks with a severely cricked neck from watching the ball sail over his head for much of the first half.
At a basic level, where was the passing and movement? Where was the pressing? When they did press, what is the point of pressing the ball holder high up the pitch if you don't press the receivers?
Bruce and coaching staff out. New Head Coach/Tactical Genius in.
big ming

Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?) - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:29 am

Coventry and Walsall.
The only other West Midlands teams below us.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?) - Page 6 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:31 am

In fact there can't be many Midlands teams below us, let alone West Mids.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?) - Page 6 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:10 am

Depressing...very depressing.

The losing isn't the worst part, the fact they look absolutely useless in doing so is. No passing, no moving and no clue.

We look a million miles away from being a football team.

I was really looking forward to Saturday as it will be the first game I've been to in over 7 years, I was going to take my 8 year old daughter to her first game.... now I'm questioning whether I bother going at all!!
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:25 am

When you look at the lack of pass & move, effort, awareness, attacking philosophy, self confidence and much more, it's clear Steve Bruce is not doing his job.

Then consider how we get possession only to hoof it 3 miles high and lose it again. How we are outplayed by worse squads every match. How the Villa players look shit scared in possession and seem utterly unable to keep the ball on the pitch.

Consider all of this, and there is no other option than replacing Bruce.

This stuff is the first thing that should have been coached into them. He's had ample of time now. Instead he thinks it's wise to play Hutton.

I'm so done with this bullshit. Please wrap Bruce and Hutton in one package and list it on Ebay.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Elliot Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:26 am

Utter shambles.

In the Watford game before the season began Whelan was spraying crosses all over the place & finding our own players in advanced positions ... Fast forward 3 weeks & at one point yesterday he received the ball in the centre circle with his back to the strickers, there was yards & yards of space for him to turn & run into but instead without even looking behind to see this space he fores the ball straight back to the keeper.... This must be the coaching because he wasn't playing like that when he first joined or failing that all of the players are so pissed off with our negative approach they are hastening SB's demise....
Play it side ways at the back & then hit the fu**er long may have worked when the crazy gang were playing football but things have moved on a little now....
I honesty can't understand how the players on the pitch yesterday can be so bad, they made mistakes we are trying to eliminate from our under 9's at the moment & in fact our under 9's are better at passing & moving the the Villa side at the moment...
Coaches & management need to change I am afraid the tools are there just need a craftsman to use them....
Can't wait for Norwich on Saturday affraid
1Elliot
1Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:38 pm

Basically I see that there's 2 options

1) the team are following Bruce's instructions to the letter - it's not good enough and he has to go

2) the players aren't following instructions and are doing their own thing - he's lost the dressing room and someone has to go.

Either way someone in the management team needs to go and soon
Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:55 pm

Just watching Real Madrid and I know the ability is incomparable ... but the work rate they show in attack and defense is so much higher than anything we have. Off the ball when in possession is 100% better than whatever it is we do.

I'd settle for 10% of it right now!
mefromhere
mefromhere

Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?) - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:17 am

mefromhere wrote:Just watching Real Madrid and I know the ability is incomparable ... but the work rate they show in attack and defense is so much higher than anything we have. Off the ball when in possession is 100% better than whatever it is we do.

I'd settle for 10% of it right now!

They are in a different Galaxy! Reading vs Aston Villa (could this be his last stand?) - Page 6 1815562058
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6