The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Colchester United vs Aston Villa match thread

+14
mefromhere
Villa Ranger
VTID85
gaffer85
Saunders82
achilles
Jae1411
De Kuip
Villa_Dan
deadbuzzardalive
NARLA24
FoxyAV
avfc forever
AstonThriller
18 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Colchester United vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Colchester United vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by Guest Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:18 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Well you're basically telling someone not to get carried away with Onomah's performance yesterday because it was only against Colchester, yet you're doing exactly the same but with O'Hare.

As things stands Onomah has performed to an higher standard than O'Hare at a much higher level, and that's not taking anything away from O'Hare, as he's obviously a very promising young talent, but it's just the way it is.

Colchester United vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 4 3769219917

Back to top Go down

Colchester United vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Colchester United vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by Guest Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:21 pm

You really need to stop making stuff up.

If you actually read what I've written I've said:

Try reading next time wrote:"It's hard to say for sure based on a lower league match.

It doesn't mean O'Hare will maintain it, but so far the signs are promising."

So no I'm not getting carried away or thinking he's made it. In fact I'm saying it's not sure he will make it, but he's looking good. O'Hare looked good preseason as well.
Spurs lad has had one rubbish performance and one great, so it's pretty even. But what you are saying quite frankly 100% wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:38 pm

Joppe84 wrote:You really need to stop making stuff up.

If you actually read what I've written I've said:

Try reading next time wrote:"It's hard to say for sure based on a lower league match.

It doesn't mean O'Hare will maintain it, but so far the signs are promising."

So no I'm not getting carried away or thinking he's made it. In fact I'm saying it's not sure he will make it, but he's looking good. O'Hare looked good preseason as well.
Spurs lad has had one rubbish performance and one great, so it's pretty even. But what you are saying quite frankly 100% wrong.

Sorry Joppe, you're quite right, I didn't see that particular post of yours, that you quote above.

But with regards to your last sentence that doesn't really make sense, O'Hare played well last night against second division opposition and in friendly games, also against lower league opposition, whereas Onomah has done it against an higher class of opposition whilst at Spurs.

All this arguing over who's the best or most promising is a bit silly anway it's not as if they're in direct competition for the same position, both of them have promising futures, and I'm sure they will help each other this season and the team, which is what we need players to develop, an understanding with one and other, rather than playing as individuals with no telepahty.

I think it's perfectly acceptable and warrented to be excited by both of them, they could potentially be part of a very exciting team for us, if Bruce gets the tactics right.
deadbuzzardalive

Colchester United vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:01 pm

I hope Grealish watched Ohare play, thats the way he should be playing
Wookster
Wookster

Colchester United vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:32 pm

It was a toss up for me for MOTM between Steer & Onamoh, the second half save was breath taking, hats off to Colchester it was a really good game, although I never really felt they would pull it back for a Desmond.

Good to see Albert back too, I hope the signing of Elmo doesn't push Albert down the pecking order as we play better when Albert plays well.

We are obviously lacking some balance on the left, Hourihane has probably been the biggest disappointment of the January signings, with all the stats he came with, I was expecting a lot more than I've seen up to now.

On another note, our season tickets covered one home cup game last year but we never got a home tie after losing to Luton & Spurs (a) in the cups last year, I presume we haven't got a cup game free this year?

Got a shiny badge though
VillaBill
VillaBill

Colchester United vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:40 pm

Wigan at home in the second round. Could be worse I guess. Another of SBs old club's comes to visit.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Colchester United vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4