The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

A shiny new, promotion winning match thread - V Hull

+18
Thinman
villajk
AstonThriller
VillaBill
deadbuzzardalive
The Utterer
Wookster
VTID85
Fpuppys
NARLA24
Saunders82
Trotters
Villa_Dan
jeffvilla
avfc forever
1Elliot
Dazzle
smetro
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

A shiny new, promotion winning match thread - V Hull  - Page 2 Empty Re: A shiny new, promotion winning match thread - V Hull

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:34 pm

A shiny new, promotion winning match thread - V Hull  - Page 2 DGedEVzXgAEbUaN

Bruce must really like Bacuna, why he's starting ahead of Hourihane, who between scoring himself and assisting others was responsible for 20 goals last season, I don't know, in fact I'd have Hourihane in the team ahead of Lansbury.
deadbuzzardalive

A shiny new, promotion winning match thread - V Hull  - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

A shiny new, promotion winning match thread - V Hull  - Page 2 Empty Re: A shiny new, promotion winning match thread - V Hull

Post by Guest Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:41 pm

Picking Bacuna over Hourihane is criminal. There must be a tactical reason to this, but I can't see it. And who is our left winger? Green benched, but no left winger to be seen. Is Gabby playing wide?

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:46 pm

Bruce has managed to pick a team that looks totally devoid of any creativity whatsoever. I'm really not sure a team that starts with Bacuna, Hutton and Agbonlahor in the first eleven can expect to get promoted. Hopefully Hull are poor because I can't see any other way we're going to get a result.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:08 pm

Is that a 4-1-3-2? If so have we miraculously learned how to play through the middle? Or even a 4-1-4-1 with Gabby on the left?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:25 pm

Could be a 433

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:33 pm

Wow that's a big opportunity right there

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:36 pm

Fucking hell Gabby

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:40 pm

[Boom
NARLA24
NARLA24

A shiny new, promotion winning match thread - V Hull  - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:42 pm

Was a great move whoever was in the box tbh. Takes a brain to let it pass through

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:48 pm

Hutton's first touch. It's like he clocks the ball with a baseball bat or something

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:19 pm

Great first half, just a little untidy during the last 4-5mins. Enjoyed it.
VTID85

A shiny new, promotion winning match thread - V Hull  - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:22 pm

Elmos going to play a big part this season with his crossing. Apart from 2 moments of madness Whelan looks solid in the middle
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:26 pm

A bit clumsy in possesion at times, especially Hutton and Bacuna, but at least we've looked threatening. Really should be more than 1-0 up, and could end up rueing not making more of our dominance.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:27 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Picking Bacuna over Hourihane is criminal. There must be a tactical reason to this, but I can't see it. And who is our left winger? Green benched, but no left winger to be seen. Is Gabby playing wide?

I think there is, Hourihane and Lansbury just didn't work last season or in pre-season. Johnstone impressed me the most first half, commanded the box well.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:28 pm

Wookster wrote:Elmos going to play a big part this season with his crossing. Apart from 2 moments of madness Whelan looks solid in the middle

The worst player, predictably, has been Bacuna. Pleased with everyone else so far, hope it feels this positive at full-time.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:36 pm

Would like to see what Onomah can do in Bacuna's position.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:50 pm

saw that coming, sloppy defence is back
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:51 pm

I knew that would happen. Same shit as last season. Play 45 minutes ok and switch off the other 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:28 pm

Oh well good first 45. Utter disgrace the next 45.

Hogan was promising, as was Gabby, Elmo and surprisingly Hutton.

Bacuna was dogshit as usual and Bruce was crap as usual. Shite line-up. Poor subs.

That new spurs youngster was awful. Missed basic passes at key moments. Missed open goal. But it's not on him today. Utter stupidity of Bruce to include him in the match at all. Would be surprised if he knew the names of his team mates. Should have been O'Hare today.

Two points lost that, and I can't see much difference than what I saw under RDM. Same shit different manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:30 pm

VTID85 wrote:Hope it feels this positive at full-time.

Sadly not. Like night and day, we looked like the newly relegated team in the second half, unsure of our surroundings and down on our luck.

Fuck Bacuna, he can sugarbag off and fuck Steve Bruce for picking him in his first eleven. Fuck knows what he said to the team at half-time but whatever it was must've been fucking shit.

All three subs looked good, my goodness Samba is a beast of a man. Johnstone at times looked like a young De Gea, Lansbury looked better than he did in pre-season although after taking a knock his game changed. Hogan was a bust, Gabby was ok.

We really need to stop the header tennis and looping balls as it looks shit to watch and is tactically pre-pubescent.

A missed opportunity to stamp some authority on the table right out of the traps today.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:36 pm

Has Green broke a mirror, he cannot get the ball over the line
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:37 pm

Bacuna
Hogan
Lansbury
Hutton
Green

Awful just repeatedly give the ball away and waste good openings / miss good chances

Terry
Whelan
Gabby
Johnson

Solid

Samba = Beast and i think he should play as he will score goals whilst Chester won't

The rest were pretty anonymous

Overall i thought we looked a little more cohesive but still were riddled with schoolboy errors. Even Whelan chipped in with a couple.

Not promotion material on that performance

One thing i will add though is the Ref was a disgrace, booking our players right early in the game meant they were treading on eggshells in that second half and Hull played on that... the bookings were poor in my view very very harsh

Last edited by The Utterer on Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Utterer
The Utterer

A shiny new, promotion winning match thread - V Hull  - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:39 pm

Weirdly i actually dreamed last night we would draw 1-1 so it was like a recurring nightmare watching that. A shiny new, promotion winning match thread - V Hull  - Page 2 226846862
The Utterer
The Utterer

A shiny new, promotion winning match thread - V Hull  - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:53 pm

Déjà vu, Once Hull woke up, we looked as bad as we did last season. Bacuna being picked over Hourihane is scandalous, but then again Bruce seems to prefer picking 'characters' or his favourites, over players who'd actually be better for the team.

I can't say I hold much hope for the rest of the season, wouldn't be surprised if that first 45 minutes, is tbe best half of football we play all season, as long as Bruce remains.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:10 pm

Too much tippy tappy short passes for me its too easy to get a foot in and stop things which is exactly what Hull did, like everyone else as soon as we see Bacunas name on the team sheet we know we've got trouble, we had the chances today to be out of sight but as per usual we fluffed em to keep the opposition in the game. A shiny new, promotion winning match thread - V Hull  - Page 2 1327487109

Oh well we go again lol!
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next