The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Carles Gil and Jordan Veretout

+6
DelboyVilla
FoxyAV
deadbuzzardalive
Dazzle
Boldfinger
AstonThriller
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Carles Gil and Jordan Veretout - Page 2 Empty Re: Carles Gil and Jordan Veretout

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:40 pm

Thought Veretout was shite tonight. So many misplaced passes. I hoped he would have a good run out and good experience. And while he looked far more intelligent on the ball than anyone else we had out there, he still played pretty shite. Shame he fumbled the shot after Green set him up.

Back to top Go down

Carles Gil and Jordan Veretout - Page 2 Empty Re: Carles Gil and Jordan Veretout

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:40 pm

It confuses me that we loan out Gil to deportivo though. Why wouldn't we just sell him for a few grand instead? Is it the wages?

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:22 pm

And yet Grealish was still our second highest scorer last season, and that was from the wing. I still maintain it's not his natural position.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Carles Gil and Jordan Veretout - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:54 am

You're talking 5 goals in 31 matches while he offered the square root of fuck all defensively. He had a piss easy season and blew it. Last chance saloon for Grealish now. I expect nothing. He doesn't deserve a first team place and if we can afford it we should replace him.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:31 am

Joppe84 wrote:You're talking 5 goals in 31 matches while he offered the square root of fuck all defensively. He had a piss easy season and blew it. Last chance saloon for Grealish now. I expect nothing. He doesn't deserve a first team place and if we can afford it we should replace him.

And how defensive, when playing on the left wing, were Kodjia and Ayew? All square pegs in round holes. I see Grealish given a free role behind Kodjia but when Bruce tried that out last season it was Hogan who played there. It didn't really work (or wasn't given enough time to work) because I'm not sure it's Hogan's natural position. I think it is Grealish's though. Like I said before, Lambert fucked over Weimann playing him on the right in a counter attacking team when he's a poacher like Bent. And yet everyone criticised him for being crap. I wonder what we'd have looked like with Albrighton and Sinclair on the wings and Weimann and Benteke up front together? A darn sight more interesting than eight in defence and three strikers running themselves ragged. Green definitely has to start on the left wing, so will Bruce take a punt on playing Grealish centrally? That would rely on a 3-5-1-1 or 4-5-1, but with Grealish playing in an advanced role it's surely going to help fill that hole we've had these last two or three seasons between the striker and midfield.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:43 am

He had a total of 1879 minutes on the pitch last year, which I think equates to about 22 games, considering how defensive Bruce had us playing, how Grealish didn't have a settled position, and how Bruce kept swapping and changing the team and formation, so it was hard for any of our players to settle into a rhythmn, then I'd say five goals and two assits in 22 games isn't that bad, and those stats only tell half the story, he also draws players in, leaving space for others, wins penalties and free-kicks, and corners which lead to goals.

Play him in a settled position, in a settled team and we'd see an improvement. We're already lacking in creativity as it is, without hounding out the little that we've already got.

I think quite a few people judge him for reasons other than his football ability, I mean a lot of the accusations I see, can be thrown at all of our attacking players last season with the exception of Kodjia.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:44 am

I'm not saying Grealish can't come good. Like most kids coming through they have talent. It must be said however that when a player is given plenty opportunity and don't impress at all, maybe just maybe they aren't all that good. Maybe Jack Grealish is kinda shite, and we should keep our focus on other youth whom deserve it more?

Like Eminem said in that tune years ago: "You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow". Grealish has had plenty of them and failed. Lets just admit it.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:00 am

Back on topic, Xia has confirmed that Deportivo have paid a fee for taking Gil on loan, and that they also have an obligation to buy him next summer, so for all intents and purposes, he's left the club now.

Also thought Veretout played well last night, for me him, Hourihane and Lansbury could potentially be the best midfield in the championship.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:28 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Back on topic, Xia has confirmed that Deportivo have paid a fee for taking Gil on loan, and that they also have an obligation to buy him next summer, so for all intents and purposes, he's left the club now.

Also thought Veretout played well last night, for me him, Hourihane and Lansbury could potentially be the best midfield in the championship.

I think in games against teams we would expect to dominate and win especially at home, against the likes of forest, QPR, burton then that's a midfield I'd like to see to control the tempo and dictate a game for bloody once
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Carles Gil and Jordan Veretout - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2