The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Summer transfer window 2017/18

+40
Jae1411
VTID85
Fpuppys
Wookster
Boldfinger
Saunders82
Dazzle
bruka
ant 2014
smetro
AstonThriller
DelboyVilla
BillytheKid
gaffer85
ember
FoxyAV
VillaBill
villajk
Villa Ranger
Villa_Dan
andrew24561
worcesterkev
The Utterer
Leafs1201
Wriggle
villawayne
Trotters
NARLA24
UnclePanda
Thinman
De Kuip
Barabass
danclare82
1Elliot
Gordonsleftboot
avfc forever
Morpheus
Dions_Bald_Head
big ming
WendyOz
44 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer transfer window 2017/18 - Page 32 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2017/18

Post by Guest Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:24 pm

I'm sceptical to that. I've felt comfortable with supporting all signings Bruce has made, but this loan signing isn't right for me.

He would have to be a LOT better than O'Hare and the rest of our youths, to make this a sound move, and I'm pretty sure he isn't.

We will see, but this is the wrong move methinks.

Back to top Go down

Summer transfer window 2017/18 - Page 32 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2017/18

Post by ant 2014 Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:47 am

Hearing Aston Villa have landed the loan signing of Spurs midfielder Josh Onomah. @MirrorFootball

Wtf is going on from Kent to rodallega to onomah. Summer transfer window 2017/18 - Page 32 498107619

ant 2014
ant 2014

Summer transfer window 2017/18 - Page 32 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:18 am

I had (and still have) high hopes for Tish, I thought he looked really good when he played last season. Seems a shame he's gone out on loan and we've brought in someone else to do the same thing. On the other hand I suppose if Grealish had been given the number 10 jersey and Bruce was planning on playing him then it makes sense to bring in someone on loan to do that job until Grealish is back, or if he's doing well, play for the whole season. Assuming he can fill that position.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Summer transfer window 2017/18 - Page 32 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:21 am

FoxyAV wrote:

I had (and still have) high hopes for Tish, I thought he looked really good when he played last season. Seems a shame he's gone out on loan and we've brought in someone else to do the same thing. On the other hand I suppose if Grealish had been given the number 10 jersey and Bruce was planning on playing him then it makes sense to bring in someone on loan to do that job until Grealish is back, or if he's doing well, play for the whole season. Assuming he can fill that position.

I felt exactly the same about Tish but from the signings Bruce has made I'm comfortable with his decisions, Tottenham say this will be the final piece of his development before he is a regular next season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:54 am

Awful deal IMO. Same old AVFC, loan players and develop them for others, ignore your own academy and watch them prosper elsewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:16 am

Maybe our academy players are not at a level where they are ready to play in games that are must wins and if we are serious about winning the league they're all must wins. Tottenhams academy has produced some fantastic footballers in recent years so i think its a great bit of business. You wouldn't have wanted Abraham on loan this season so we could play Audrey ?
Until our academy players move from promising to actually making things happen during games they shouldn't be starting. Sub appearances and cup games absolutely but not league games with points at stake. I never understand the "he'll be class ina couple of years if ...." mentality. A player is either class or he's not - Dele Alli was class on loan at MK Dons and is class now. Messi at 17 was class and is class now. These are extreme examples but they are either good enough or they're not (Gary Gardner).
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:25 am

I'll firstly admit I don't like loans in general. But plenty of players develop massively when you expose them to first team football. Ergo. clubs loan them out.

The idea that we don't produce good talents in our academy is nonsense. We all know Grealish's generation won the cup thingy. We know players that didn't even get a sniff at Villa like Daniel Johnson are performing very well in the championship. Other academy products like Albrighton, Gabby, Bannan, Clark, Baker etc. are all doing fine with Cahill as probably the biggest success story. A player that ironically wasn't given a chance at Villa.

Difference between us and clubs like Southampton, spurs, and what not, is that they regularly introduce and throw their youngsters into the deep end. I can't even remember the last time I thought it was brave to throw a youngster in, but good on you regarding a manager, possibly Gabby or Cahill. Unfortunately we have had dinosaurs as managers for about 20 years running now, and it doesn't seem to change.  

It was said a few weeks ago that we were to sell off players and give our own youth a shot. I can see now it was pure rubbish and nothing has changed.

This signing is a major fuck you to everyone involved with our academy. And in my opinion utter stupid.

FWIW, his youtube video looks like Salifou's. So the idea that this young lad is of such quality that he will make the difference to our season is fairly funny. What will happen is that he will come in, play average, develop and we will lose progression on our own talent and tottenham will gain off our stupidity.

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:33 am

Thats true about Spurs and Southampton but maybe it's that their teams function at a good level and the youngsters are then brought into that rather than throwing them in and hoping they will be the next Kane and drag the rest of the team up to their level.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:39 am

Not certain about this as it shows that Bruce has no faith in the current players to apparently play the number 10 role, if that is the position that he has been brought in to fill!

It also shows that Bruce has no intention of playing Gabby and Hogan together, so it is going to be Gabby up there on his own! To me this just gets worse as I can't see who is going to score the goals for us until the return of Kodjia.
achilles
achilles

Summer transfer window 2017/18 - Page 32 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:49 am

Youtube videos mean sweet f.a. I see the loan market as a great try before you buy for both the player and the club. If it works out and is mutually beneficial then there is every reason to think he will do the same as a Villa player the following season. If it doesm't work send him back no harm, no foul and we saved ourselves a ton of cash signing an unknown entity which is what we should have done with the likes of Traore.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:04 am

Joppe84 wrote:I'll firstly admit I don't like loans in general. But plenty of players develop massively when you expose them to first team football. Ergo. clubs loan them out.

The idea that we don't produce good talents in our academy is nonsense. We all know Grealish's generation won the cup thingy. We know players that didn't even get a sniff at Villa like Daniel Johnson are performing very well in the championship. Other academy products like Albrighton, Gabby, Bannan, Clark, Baker etc. are all doing fine with Cahill as probably the biggest success story. A player that ironically wasn't given a chance at Villa.  

Difference between us and clubs like Southampton, spurs, and what not, is that they regularly introduce and throw their youngsters into the deep end. I can't even remember the last time I thought it was brave to throw a youngster in, but good on you regarding a manager, possibly Gabby or Cahill. Unfortunately we have had dinosaurs as managers for about 20 years running now, and it doesn't seem to change.  

It was said a few weeks ago that we were to sell off players and give our own youth a shot. I can see now it was pure rubbish and nothing has changed.

This signing is a major fuck you to everyone involved with our academy. And in my opinion utter stupid.

FWIW, his youtube video looks like Salifou's. So the idea that this young lad is of such quality that he will make the difference to our season is fairly funny. What will happen is that he will come in, play average, develop and we will lose progression on our own talent and tottenham will gain off our stupidity.

I cant understand why your not a football manager Joppe, you seem to know more about football/players than any manager we have

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:41 am

achilles wrote:Not certain about this as it shows that Bruce has no faith in the current players  to apparently play the number 10 role, if that is the position that he has been brought in to fill!

It also shows that Bruce has no intention of playing Gabby and Hogan together, so it is going to be Gabby up there on his own! To me this just gets worse as I can't see who is going to score the goals for us until the return of Kodjia.

will have wager with you matey that Gabby will bang them in, starting tomorrow??

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:06 pm

achilles wrote:Not certain about this as it shows that Bruce has no faith in the current players  to apparently play the number 10 role, if that is the position that he has been brought in to fill!

I'll say it again, there doesn't seem to be a role in the team for Hogan, or indeed for a front two. It's looking like an impulsive January buy with no plan for integration. Ditto Hourihane. And these were our two flagship signings in January. That's worrying to me.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Summer transfer window 2017/18 - Page 32 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:13 pm

bruka wrote:Youtube videos mean sweet f.a. I see the loan market as a great try before you buy for both the player and the club. If it works out and is mutually beneficial then there is every reason to think he will do the same as a Villa player the following season. If it doesm't work send him back no harm, no foul and we saved ourselves a ton of cash signing an unknown entity which is what we should have done with the likes of Traore.

Or you can look at two players that have fairly recently been at Villa on loan who stood out and then went back to their parent clubs all the better for it................Kyle Walker and Bertrand. Loans are fair enough if you have an option to buy but that doesn't tend to happen with younger players, the big clubs make sure they benefit from the loans.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:14 pm

jimbop wrote:

will have wager with you matey that Gabby will bang them in, starting tomorrow??

How much do you want to wager on how many goals Gabby bangs in?
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:31 pm

jimbop wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:I'll firstly admit I don't like loans in general. But plenty of players develop massively when you expose them to first team football. Ergo. clubs loan them out.

I cant understand why your not a football manager Joppe, you seem to know more about football/players than any manager we have

I agree. Someone hurry and tell Xia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:48 pm

Dazzle wrote:

I'll say it again, there doesn't seem to be a role in the team for Hogan, or indeed for a front two. It's looking like an impulsive January buy with no plan for integration. Ditto Hourihane. And these were our two flagship signings in January. That's worrying to me.

http://i3.birminghammail.co.uk/incoming/article13427480.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Villa-XI-to-face-Hull.png

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:12 pm

jimbop wrote:
Dazzle wrote:

http://i3.birminghammail.co.uk/incoming/article13427480.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Villa-XI-to-face-Hull.png

Lansbury didn't work against Watford last week as he was dreadful!
Bruce may play Barny in that number 10 position?
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:21 pm

achilles wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Dazzle wrote:

Lansbury didn't work against Watford last week as he was dreadful!
Bruce may play Barny in that number 10 position?

could well do mate, its either Hogan or gabby upfront id say

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:43 pm

Summer transfer window 2017/18 - Page 32 Img_0210

Given the players the Birmingham mail make available for selection I'd go 3-4-3
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:52 pm

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/634899/Liverpool-Ryan-Kent-Aston-Villa-Leeds-Middlesbrough-Jurgen-Klopp-rumours-gossip-news

Aston Villa leading Ryan Kent loan race: Leeds and Middlesbrough also want Liverpool man

ASTON VILLA are leading the race to sign Liverpool ace Ryan Kent.

By James Walters / Published 4th August 2017

Aston Villa are leading the race to sign Liverpool ace Ryan Kent

The 20-year-old is yet to make a senior appearance for the Reds but the attacker did feature under Jurgen Klopp in pre-season.

And according to the Birmingham Mail, Liverpool have decided to loan out the youngster this campaign.

They reckon Kent is most likely to head to Villa Park to link up with Steve Bruce.

The Birmingham Mail add that Villa face competition for the Reds ace.

Leeds and Middlesbrough are both tracking Kent and are keen to land the youngster.

Kent would become Villa's fifth summer signing, following John Terry, Glenn Whelan, Ahmed Elmohamady and Chris Samba to Villa Park.

Bruce is desperate to get the Villans back in the Premier League after a rough first season in the Championship.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:53 pm

Dazzle wrote:Summer transfer window 2017/18 - Page 32 Img_0210

Given the players the Birmingham mail make available for selection I'd go 3-4-3

looks a bloody good team that matey

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:56 pm

This Ryan Kent looks something special, set Villa Park alight!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:59 pm

Summer transfer window 2017/18 - Page 32 AbNNMlaaj2
Use this11.com for tactics for football

I'd go this. Ignore the yellow line. If Hourihane is replaced by Lansbury I'm not fussed. Hourihane hasn't been ace tbh, but Lansbury was utter shite the last time I saw him.  I just think these players have impressed me most during preseason (bar Samba).

Last edited by Joppe84 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next