The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Who will be the victim when Bruce plays two upfront?

4 posters

Go down

Who will be the victim when Bruce plays two upfront? Empty Who will be the victim when Bruce plays two upfront?

Post by AstonThriller Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:57 am

He played 442 in the second half against Wednesday and then followed that up by playing it for the whole game against Wigan. So clearly he's starting to fancy that system. It remains to be seen whether it works out for us long term. Over the last two seasons, Brighton have perfected it in a remarkable way, as have Leicester. The question is who will be made to sit on the bench as a result? Jedinak? Lansbury? Hutton? Bree? Baker?

Imo the strongest team for that system would be..

..................Johnstone..................

.....Bree....Chester..Baker....Taylor.....

..Adomah..Lansbury..Hourihane..Green...

...............Kodjia...Hogan................

It would be really interesting to see how this team would do against Norwich. Yes Jedinak has been good this season but I just think that it's time to be more progressive and brave. Brighton have Stevens and Sidwell in the middle of the park...you don't need an out and out defensive midfielder to thrive in this league.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Who will be the victim when Bruce plays two upfront? 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Who will be the victim when Bruce plays two upfront? Empty Re: Who will be the victim when Bruce plays two upfront?

Post by De Kuip Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:10 am

It's a tough one but I suppose a nice problem to have. I do think your line up is mobile and forward looking, but it feels weird with no Jedi in the team. Also, I know he wasn't setting the world alight but I still think there could be good things to come from Bjarnasson.
Thing is, having said that, I keep looking at your line up and I can't fault it. Also, if we did need to switch things to a more holding set up, say to protect a lead or if we were not performing and getting overrun, then the option of Jedi from the bench would be there.
I do think we.need to attack every team we play and hassle them when we're not in possession - a bit like England did last night. Your line up would do that IMO.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Who will be the victim when Bruce plays two upfront? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Who will be the victim when Bruce plays two upfront? Empty Re: Who will be the victim when Bruce plays two upfront?

Post by AstonThriller Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:49 am

It's all about being brave now. The top six in that side are all capable of scoring the odd goal and that's exactly what we need right now. I think giving Lansbury and Hourihane a chance to develop a partnership in this system would benefit us next season. Jedi will be 33 soon so that window hasn't got long until it closes.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:03 pm

Sorry guys, I've had a cheeky £10 on us to make the playoffs at 100-1, that's obviously our chance gone
VillaBill
VillaBill

Who will be the victim when Bruce plays two upfront? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:13 pm

AstonThriller wrote:He played 442 in the second half against Wednesday and then followed that up by playing it for the whole game against Wigan. So clearly he's starting to fancy that system. It remains to be seen whether it works out for us long term. Over the last two seasons, Brighton have perfected it in a remarkable way, as have Leicester. The question is who will be made to sit on the bench as a result? Jedinak? Lansbury? Hutton? Bree? Baker?

It would be really interesting to see how this team would do against Norwich. Yes Jedinak has been good this season but I just think that it's time to be more progressive and brave. Brighton have Stevens and Sidwell in the middle of the park...you don't need an out and out defensive midfielder to thrive in this league.

I'd argue Sidwell and most of that Brighton team is incredibly combatant.

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:42 pm

Joppe84 wrote:

I'd argue Sidwell and most of that Brighton team is incredibly combatant.

For Barnsley Hourihane had very good defensive stats tbh so who knows? And Adomah certainly knows how to protect his full-back. We'll only know if they can cut it when they are out on the pitch together.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:10 am

AstonThriller wrote:He played 442 in the second half against Wednesday and then followed that up by playing it for the whole game against Wigan. So clearly he's starting to fancy that system. It remains to be seen whether it works out for us long term. Over the last two seasons, Brighton have perfected it in a remarkable way, as have Leicester. The question is who will be made to sit on the bench as a result? Jedinak? Lansbury? Hutton? Bree? Baker?

I really like the look of that team it's a nice problem to have deciding which player to play.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Who will be the victim when Bruce plays two upfront? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down