The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Veretout for Jedinak next season?

+8
FoxyAV
Trotters
deadbuzzardalive
Dazzle
4BetLite
Saunders82
AstonThriller
VillaBill
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Veretout for Jedinak next season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Veretout for Jedinak next season?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:54 am

It's much more relevant than comparing the stats of a player in the French league to the championship in England. The French league is soft as shit. Saw Rosenborg vs. St. Ettienne and Veretout a while back and the quality, intensity and toughness is pretty similar. The English game is a totally different ballgame, whether you like it or not.

Back to top Go down

Veretout for Jedinak next season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Veretout for Jedinak next season?

Post by FoxyAV Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:16 am

Whether you like it or not, it's as irrelevant comparing stats for different teams in different seasons with different clubs in different leagues. Maybe we should compare Veretout's U21 stats with Jedi's international stats for good measure?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Veretout for Jedinak next season? - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:00 am

FoxyAV wrote:Whether you like it or not, it's as irrelevant comparing stats for different teams in different seasons with different clubs in different leagues. Maybe we should compare Veretout's U21 stats with Jedi's international stats for good measure?

I think you're both missing the rather relevant stat, which is that no EPL club wanted Veretout. You can mention how bad a Villa team last seasons was as much as you want, but even then a decent section of us spotted that Ayew and Gueye were equipped well enough to remain in the Premier League, which is where they are now. There may well be reasons to Veretout as to why he didn't perform as we hoped he might but the bottom line is he didn't do enough. We all wanted him to do well and still would like to see him do well. Let's not forget he is still under contract at Villa until summer 2020, if he wants to do well and show people what he can do then he can STILL apply himself and make it happen. It might help if he actually wanted to be at the club
Dazzle
Dazzle

Veretout for Jedinak next season? - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:38 am

FoxyAV wrote:Whether you like it or not, it's as irrelevant comparing stats for different teams in different seasons with different clubs in different leagues. Maybe we should compare Veretout's U21 stats with Jedi's international stats for good measure?

I some what agree, I just pointed out the notion of Veretout being better than Jedinak based on stats was flawed.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:45 am

I never mentioned stats or replacing Jedi, someone else did. I merely pointed out it wasn't fair to compare stats from different players in different teams in different (British) leagues. If you read my earlier posts I talked about Veretout being a fish out of water and how I hoped he would come back. I hope the club has learned from Gollini and Veretout and can give assurances that these players will be welcomed and helped to integrate and settle properly. Veretout's wife or girlfriend had just had a baby when he moved here, he wasn't being played, he wasn't Sherwood's choice, he was played out of position and it showed. It's the owner's and manager's decision to see if they want him back and then to make a return as attractive as possible to the player.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:22 am

If Veretout were to come back he wouldn't be replacing Jedinak anyway, he'd be competition for Lansbury and Hourihane.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:00 pm

FoxyAV wrote:I never mentioned stats or replacing Jedi, someone else did.

And I never quoted you. No idea what you're going on about.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:05 pm

I also thought Veretout didn't want to play in the Championship so as that is where we are now and next year I doubt he will be interested in returning?
DelboyVilla

Veretout for Jedinak next season? - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:17 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:I also thought Veretout didn't want to play in the Championship so as that is where we are now and next year I doubt he will be interested in returning?

That's pretty much how I understand it from all I've read and heard. I guess the bottom line is that if he is doing well back in France and doesn't want to come back then any French club wanting him will have to buy, I wouldn't let him go out on loan again personally. Stick a £10m price tag on him and let him know in no uncertain terms that if it isn't met then he reports back for pre-season training July.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Veretout for Jedinak next season? - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:50 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:I never mentioned stats or replacing Jedi, someone else did.

And I never quoted you. No idea what you're going on about.

You just did! Anyway, I wasn't replying to you.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:28 pm

Ok fair enough haha. This thread has had me confused no end.

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:40 am

Joppe84 wrote:Ok fair enough haha. This thread has had me confused no end.
No it has not, yes it has , maybe, dont know, wibble wibble eckyfootoingzingbong. Veretout for Jedinak next season? - Page 2 1662365926
NARLA24
NARLA24

Veretout for Jedinak next season? - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:12 pm

Have we really got to 2 pages debating whether veretout should replace jedinak next season ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:56 am

Might be three soon Laughing
Trotters
Trotters

Veretout for Jedinak next season? - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:05 am

I wouldn't mind but he'd probably not be replacing Jedi anyway - as dba said, it's more likely to be lanso or houri isn't it?
Are we at 3 pages yet?
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:12 am

De Kuip wrote:Are we at 3 pages yet?

Don't think so.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:27 am

Plus he'll go into a massive French sulk anyway and refuse to play so it doesn't really matter who we think he'll replace, I reckon he'll either leave or be bombed into the reserves.
I think we're about 9 posts off 3 pages.....
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2