The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

+16
Saunders82
4BetLite
smetro
The Utterer
Army villain
AstonThriller
NARLA24
Villa_Dan
deadbuzzardalive
Jae1411
Dions_Bald_Head
Trotters
big ming
Fpuppys
De Kuip
andrew24561
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Score

Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line - Page 2 I_vote_lcap23%  Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
  Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line - Page 2 I_vote_lcap46%  Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 46% 
[ 6 ]
  Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line - Page 2 I_vote_lcap31%  Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by 4BetLite Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:57 pm

At last, we have a Villa friendly Ref.

We need to score again, they haven't had a shot on target yet and we all know what happens when they do.

Cant fault Hutton's work rate but he doesn't have a footballers brain, in fact it would be genius if we score again to put him up front on his own.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by 4BetLite Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:05 pm

We're on the verge of going 10 games unbeaten.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:56 pm

WE'VE ONLY GONE AND FUCKING WON
VTID85

Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:57 pm

Even with us trying desperately to snatch defeat from victory (a usual Villa trait) we have WON, would you believe it, feels good tho. Dancing Banana Dancing Banana
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:57 pm

Bloody hell: Bet that was a life-shortener!
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:58 pm

Good subs from Bruce.

Bacuna player well, but what a fucking idiot.

Adomah's run on the right is exactly what we need more of. It's not even important if we score from them. Just to stretch the opposition and give the lads a breather.

That new left back is ace.

Hutton.. well I'm lost for words.

Three really good points for us. We needed that, for the confidence if anything else.

The aspect our squad utterly fails at is what we in Norwegian call "first defender". That is the player closest to the ball on the defending side. It's imperative that this player either puts sufficient amount of pressure on the ball or wins the ball straight out. I know it slightly differs in England has you do more man marking than zonal defence, but I still maintain that the first defender and pressure is the biggest area of improvement for this team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:00 pm

what did bacuna do? Someone on twitter said he nutted a linesman but surely not. Noone's that stupid, not even him
Jae1411

Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:02 pm

Jae1411 wrote:what did bacuna do? Someone on twitter said he nutted a linesman but surely not. Noone's that stupid, not even him

Not quite a headbut, but he did this face to face bullshit all pansies do instead of fighting

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:19 pm

A rare victory but performance wise nothing has changed and nothing to suggest things will eventually improve.
deadbuzzardalive

Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:29 pm

We were absolutely dire shite fucked up bad, a massive improvement............... and we got the 3 points.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:43 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
Jae1411 wrote:what did bacuna do? Someone on twitter said he nutted a linesman but surely not. Noone's that stupid, not even him

Not quite a headbut, but he did this face to face bullshit all pansies do instead of fighting

Just mouthing off, but he did bump him, silly really
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:49 pm

When Bacuna got that pass from their goalie today, a gift we don't normally get, all he needed was to be calm, take the touch into the box and slot home, anyone touching him it was a free kick or penalty, CALMNESS is something we don't have at this time that's why we miss out time after time.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:18 pm

A win is a win. Waited to long for 3 points so i am not to down. But, Bacuna should have scored and that linesman crap was just bloody idiotic.
Bristol on Tuesday, another tough game.
Time for a glass of vino tinto me thinks. UTV.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:38 pm

We won! 

Shit game but 3 points. I'm off to drink whisky
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:50 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:We won! 

Shit game but 3 points. I'm off to drink whisky
Now that sounds like a plan
NARLA24
NARLA24

Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:08 pm

When Villa are winning and we're getting towards the end of the game I'm usually on absolute tenterhooks. But today I dunno...there was no emotion and though it's nice to win I haven't got that same buzz that I normally do. Probably because we're pretty much playing for nothing now and this season has just drained me tbh.

It's even more annoying to see that Sheff Wed and Reading look like they are folding under the pressure of staying in that top six. I guess this is the price you pay when you throw away a million leads.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:26 pm

Hope we can move on again on Tuesday, good 3 points.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:42 pm

AstonThriller wrote:When Villa are winning and we're getting towards the end of the game I'm usually on absolute tenterhooks. But today I dunno...there was no emotion and though it's nice to win I haven't got that same buzz that I normally do. Probably because we're pretty much playing for nothing now and this season has just drained me tbh.

It's even more annoying to see that Sheff Wed and Reading look like they are folding under the pressure of staying in that top six. I guess this is the price you pay when you throw away a million leads.

yup, 22 points we've lost from winning positions
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:01 pm

Now for goodness sake lets follow it up on Tuesday! Bristol City's tails will of course be up after a good point at the Barcodes (But of course there is always something to give our next opponents a lift before they play us is there not).

Obviously promotion is no longer in the equation but lest get safe and build for next season. The sooner the better.

Interesting how we won without Hogan and Hourihan playing!

Typical that our best player on the day gets himself pointlessly sent off.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:31 pm

3 points which were very welcome. Overall team performance was very poor to be honest. to me a lot stems from the keeper, the whole team has to ensure he doesn't face a shot.
Thought Derby were total dogshite to be honest - I reckon lowly bristol city will give us much more of a game on tuesday.
Hutton was inspired today - Adomah looked and played like he was half pissed !
I think Jedinak does more of a job than he is given credit for - we miss him when he is absent or when he plays poorly.

by hook or crook we got 3 pts - let hope we can somehow squeeze another 3 tuesday....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:12 pm

The keepers part in our slide down the table cannot be underestimated, he is no where near Gollini, who wasn't great. Bunn is better too and he's not good enough.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:26 pm

Just had a talk about Hutton with another Villa fan. He is a big Hutton fan and I'm just not getting it. Even today, which was one of his better performances, I thought he was an utter liability. He always has that one mistake in him. And what that rolling around on the floor thing was I'll never know.

He also has a real knack of rushing forward and losing possession. I love his effort, but quality wise I think he is awful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:49 pm

4BetLite wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:When Villa are winning and we're getting towards the end of the game I'm usually on absolute tenterhooks. But today I dunno...there was no emotion and though it's nice to win I haven't got that same buzz that I normally do. Probably because we're pretty much playing for nothing now and this season has just drained me tbh.

yup, 22 points we've lost from winning positions

That alone would put us in the top six, and who knows what the confidence of those wins would have given us, "THERE BUT FOR THE GRACE OF McGrath " etc etc   Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line - Page 2 1327487109
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:35 pm

If Hutton had the talent equal to his heart, he'd be an absolute hero of ours I'm sure.

Didn't think today was that ugly to watch. Derby were poor and maybe that flattered our performance but there was a bit of determination present today. If we can retain that and start to turn the screw more we would find ourselves in a much more positive position.

Getting tired of seeing Kodjia lead-ballooning, it's almost embarassing to see how easily and cynically he goes down.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:48 am

We won! That's good enough for now!

Move on to the next one!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next