The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

January '17 Transfer Window

+48
Terry Derry
avfc85
Cha Ching
Army villain
Synopsis
UnclePanda
Villa Ranger
Keyser Soze
Con
avfcjoe
achilles
Wriggle
ember
Wookster
Saunders82
The Utterer
1Elliot
Jae1411
Trotters
Boldfinger
deadbuzzardalive
andrew24561
FoxyAV
ConnorMorgan
gaffer85
Andyh
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
smetro
Barabass
danclare82
Dazzle
De Kuip
Villa_Dan
Gordonsleftboot
4BetLite
mefromhere
avfc forever
edvilla86
jeffvilla
AstonThriller
DelboyVilla
VTID85
VillaBill
WendyOz
DaveAV1
CoE82
Morpheus
52 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 7 Empty Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:35 pm

deadbuzzardalive

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 7 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:49 am

Yeah Jenkinson would be an excellent addition I think. Let me list of some of his qualities.

1. He's a proven premiership performer

2. He's played at the highest levels including for England and in the champions league

3. He's solid both defensively and in attack

HERE is a video of him and although he had a bad injury last year and has took a little stick from the Arsenal fans recently I think he'd certainly improve our right-hand side tenfold.

Then we have Sam Johnstone who is highly rated at United but is never gonna get ahead of Degea of course. He seems to be cut from the same cloth as other ex United reserve keepers like Tom Heaton and Ben Foster, who have both gone on to have good careers. HERE is a video of him and although I don't think he'd come in and go straight into the side I think he'd seriously challenge Gollini and that's what he needs. So if there is anymore mistakes at least Johnstone could step in and have a go.

I've seen people moaning about Johnstone on twitter but let us remember that the likes of Kasper Schmeichal was once a Man City reserve, Fraser Forster a Newcastle reserve, Brad Friedal a Liverpool reserve etc etc.

In closing if we can get these two, plus a central defender, central midfielder, attacking midfielder and a winger then we'd be laughing.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 7 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:31 am

Yes please to Jenkinson!

Yes please to Johnstone (especially with Bunn and Steer injured)

Lets have the new midfielder as well please!
DelboyVilla

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 7 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:47 am

rumours that we are seriously trying to sign james mccarthy. that would be a definite signal of intent if we got him
Jae1411

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 7 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:02 am

Jae1411 wrote:rumours that we are seriously trying to sign james mccarthy. that would be a definite signal of intent if we got him

He started for Everton yesterday but they lost to Watford? They tend to be a patient bunch so I can't see Koeman going yet and he doesn't like McCarthy? However he is bound to have other PL suitors? Will be a tough one to get over the line?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:21 pm

Honestly, Conor Hourihane from Barnsley is really impressing right now. Got three assists when they beat Blues 3-0 last week and got another goal yesterday. He's getting goals and assists regularly from the middle of the park (seven assists and four goals thus far) and I think he'd work well alongside Jedi. I hope Bruce is looking at him.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:08 am

AstonThriller wrote:Honestly, Conor Hourihane from Barnsley is really impressing right now. Got three assists when they beat Blues 3-0 last week and got another goal yesterday. He's getting goals and assists regularly from the middle of the park (seven assists and four goals thus far) and I think he'd work well alongside Jedi. I hope Bruce is looking at him.

Hang on here, a midfielder who scores goals and provides assists, much too good for us then! lol!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:29 am

I have heard that the deals were one loan and one permanent which is somewhat surprising with the two players mentioned of Carl Jenkinson and Sam Johnstone, who I wouldn't expect either to sign permanently!

Sam Johnstone could be an outstanding goalkeeper if he is given an opportunity which he won't get at Man Utd.

Carl Jenkinson was a good player but has the injuries taken its toll, a bit like Gardner who was a much better player before his injuries.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:28 pm

Excellent January window =Cissokho, Gestede, Richards, Kozak, all gone. Possibly Ayew or McCormack. Stephens, Hourihane, Schlupp, McCarthy, Hernandez, Jenkinson all in.

Stephens & Hourihane both out of contract summer 2017. Go fetch please. McCarthy loan with possible permanent if promoted. Hernandez part exchange with Gestede if Hull want him. Jenkinson loan, Schlupp loan. Problem areas sorted, Villa go on twenty game winning run, win promotion. Piece of piss.
Dazzle
Dazzle

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 7 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:46 pm

Dazzle wrote:Excellent January window =Cissokho, Gestede, Richards, Kozak, all gone. Possibly Ayew or McCormack. Stephens, Hourihane, Schlupp, McCarthy, Hernandez, Jenkinson all in.

Stephens & Hourihane both out of contract summer 2017. Go fetch please. McCarthy loan with possible permanent if promoted. Hernandez part exchange with Gestede if Hull want him. Jenkinson loan, Schlupp loan. Problem areas sorted, Villa go on twenty game winning run, win promotion. Piece of piss.

Any chance of having a quarter of your optimisium Dazzle   Dancing Banana
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:15 pm

jeffvilla wrote:
Dazzle wrote:Excellent January window =Cissokho, Gestede, Richards, Kozak, all gone. Possibly Ayew or McCormack. Stephens, Hourihane, Schlupp, McCarthy, Hernandez, Jenkinson all in.

Any chance of having a quarter of your optimisium Dazzle   Dancing Banana

Stephens would be a "two birds with one stone" scenario. Get a good CM player and nobble a rival. Sexy.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:56 pm

Alan Nixon of 'the sun' saying we're going to make a ten million pound move for Robbie Brady. I think he's exactly the type of player we need.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:31 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Alan Nixon of 'the sun' saying we're going to make a ten million pound move for Robbie Brady. I think he's exactly the type of player we need.

Would be a big statement if we got this lad wouldn't it? It's also interesting because Bruce brought Brady to Hull from Man Utd reserves and managed him for three years before Brady moved to Norwich. So Bruce will know all about the lad. IF we really do have 10m to spend on a single player then I hope he looks at several options and not just Brady.

Also been linked with Vito Mannone from Sunderland!!!..I've got a feeling it's gonna be a decent January window for the Villa for a change Scarf Waving .
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:04 pm

A quick scout around for news sees us officially in negotiation for Sam Johnstone & the Robbie Brady rumour getting re-quoted (which would make sense if we're going to continue picking up players/coaching staff on our away-day travels Laughing ).
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:23 pm

Hourihane? Did someone overhear Xia say "Hoolihan"?
Trotters
Trotters

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 7 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:48 am

Trotters wrote:Hourihane? Did someone overhear Xia say "Hoolihan"?

love it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:53 am

it seems without doubt we will be signing players this window, I would even go to say there is a blank cheque, having just watched Dr T celebrating when we scored on Saturday its obvious this guy has so much passion, I didn't really believe the usual crap at first like that always comes with a new owner like" hes a passionate football fan, loves watching football etc etc" but I think this time its true with the DR. like ive said before WHEN we come back up were foookin going for it big time.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:02 pm

Think we'll have to spend big in January and utilise the loan market, I just hope we're still in touching distance of the play-offs, so as to be able to attract potential signings of decent quality.

Need a goalkeeper a central defender, right-back, a couple of central midfielders and despite having a few already we really could do with a striker who scores goals.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:45 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Think we'll have to spend big in January and utilise the loan market, I just hope we're still in touching distance of the play-offs, so as to be able to attract potential signings of decent quality.

Need a goalkeeper a central defender, right-back, a couple of central midfielders and despite having a few already we really could do with a striker who scores goals.

Sam Gallagher of Blackburn Rovers a proper centre forward who scored another 2 tonight against Brighton!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:03 pm

Rhodes and Hernandez have both been mentioned, but I get a feeling that we won't be going for a striker. Probably why Agbonlahor has been brought back into the fold, to get him ready for when the others leave for the AFCON.

I really do think it's time to give McCormack a run now, in fact he'd the first name on the team sheet for me.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:52 am

It all comes from the midfield. If they're not feeding the forwards, then it matters little.

Westwood doesn't even try any more.
Jedinak will miss 60% of the passes he makes.
Hutton cannot cross.
Ayew can't beat the first man with a free kick.

We are a mess of grand proportions. I hope Bruce has a clue come January.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:02 am

And can someone remind me again what the current story is with Gil, Sanchez and Veretout? Are they on non-release loans because I can't understand why they've not been recalled otherwise. There's just no way that Gardner and Westwood are better.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:37 am

The Guardian are suggesting that Palace are looking at Gestede and we might try and get Jordon Mutch as part of the deal.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/13/crystal-palace-loan-ben-davies-gestede-alan-pardew

Although it all reads like guess work to me.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:59 am

Trotters wrote:And can someone remind me again what the current story is with Gil, Sanchez and Veretout? Are they on non-release loans because I can't understand why they've not been recalled otherwise. There's just no way that Gardner and Westwood are better.

All of them are on season long loans. The only way we could get them back is if the player wants to come back and the clubs they are at agree to it like Porto did last season with Cissokho. Gill wasn't getting much playing time at Deportivo and said in an interview that he might come back but now he's playing games and even pulled up trees at Madrid at the weekend so I doubt that Depor will want to lose him now tbh.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:46 am

Dreadful showing last night. We've learnt nothing we didn't already know. At least two capable CMs required, a RB, a GK, LM/LW, Striker. Gabby just isn't going to do it, hopefully he finds a club in China or the USA in January. I think we probably need another CB to come in as well, possibly recall Toner from loan as cover. Vill ahave to be utterly ruthless with the playing staff now, quickly decide who offers little to no future for the club and move on, somehow. I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that Ayew can go, I'm still really struggling with to see what Grealish offers on anything approaching a regular basis when he starts. Further to my list yesterday, players that I would like to see out the door now includes; Agbonlahor, Ayew, Gardner, Westwood, Gestede, Cissokho, Richards, Kozak. Brady would certainly be an upgrade on the left, Jenkinson should improve RB, alomost anything (including a sausage) should be an upgrade as Striker, I'd go all out to get Stephens from Brighton with 6mths left on his contract. I still think Gil is better than Jack as a No.10. I still think Veretout could be no worse than either Westwood or Gardner. Ditto Sanchez. In reality we are still paying the penalty for years of player/transfer policy mismanagement. That said we again made mistakes with signings in the summer, leaving what I think we all could see was an unbalanced squad. It's imperative we go a long way to rectifying that in January, there simply has to be at least 4 better players through the door, ideally 6. And the same numbers leaving. I could live with picking from McCormack, Kodjia, Hernandez, or RHM for the forwards. Four is enough. Priorities for me would be; Jenkinson-loan, Stephens-permanently, Hernandez-permanently, Brady-permanent. If it had to be just four then those four would be it. BUT WE NEED MORE, MUCH MORE.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next